300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banning smoking outside

I've heard random things about different areas trying to outlaw smoking out doors, and on the news it was saying how the college i go to (University of Kentucky) that our President just mad a task force and is trying to ban smoking outside, exactly how can they do this? Why dont they just ban smoking in general since they're trying to stop you from smoking inside, outside, the 3rd day of every odd month of a leap year etc etc

Im sure its just in certain areas, like ON campus, or right outside the doors to buildings.
    "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
    Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
    Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Right outside to doors of buildings and inside I'm all for no smoking. I can't stand walking outside (And like some know) there's nothing better than walking into a huge puff of smoke someone just puffed out.

Comment

I'm not against it.....espicially on universities.....and I don't see why its a problem the government(s) enact something to that effect.....afterall, public universities get funding from the gov't
        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I recently quit (3 months ago today) so smoke really makes me sick right now. That being said, if it is outside and not in front of the exit, let em smoke em. Not bothering anyone.

I have a huge problem with people not following directions. In Disney, there are very specific areas that you are allowed to smoke. I can't tell you how many times, mainly europeans, that were smoking where ever they wanted.

Went to a concert (AC/DC) and some a-hole and his girl smoked like 7 cigarettes. I was annoyed, but drew the line when they lit up the bowls.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

At my university you can't smoke indoors or within 15 feet of an outside door. They were in the process of banning smoking all together on campus but stopped at the last minute. They said that other schools that have banned it all together had students and teachers standing in the streets or going into neighboring private properties to smoke so they wouldn't be on school grounds, it was a big mess and hard to enforce. I say let them smoke their overly-priced cancer sticks all they want, outside and away from doors, it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Why is it such a big deal to everyone? I love that Family Guy skit where they show the seemingly nice people but then they just randomly go off on some guy for smoking a cigarette. So true.

Not that I'm a regular smoker or anything but I hate all these non-smokers with their elitist mentalities.

Comment

I'm a non-smoker do you hate me columbus? Oh wait, I'm not an elitist though. So I guess not.
                "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
                You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentMan View Post
                  I'm a non-smoker do you hate me columbus? Oh wait, I'm not an elitist though. So I guess not.
                  Haha yeah, only qualify if you have an arrogant attitude... only about 1/4 do. They like to make these snide comments all the time but then act like they're not being mean since it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

I can't have an elitist attitude towards smoking, everyone in my family does it but me and my mom, and she use to smoke. Then there goes to my aunt who use to smoke as well.
                    "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
                    You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Meh not my life. People want to smoke and harm themselves that is there bussiness. Just dont do it around me and I think we are ok. Which is funny of me to say since seemingly all of my friends smoke. They atleast respect the fact that they are not to smoke inside of my vehicle. But when we go to bars I just do my best to blow the smoke out of my face if it drifts in my direction.
                      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

In Houston we have a city wide ban in buildings and eateries.
                        You also can get tickets for smoking at bus stops and other public places where people. So yes the law can be writen to apply where you need it to.
                        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                        Oscar Wilde

Comment

"Take 5, smoke 'em if you got 'em."
                          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Actually, some cities in Japan have gone so far as to ban smoking in public, except in designated spots. They even have special smoking police to keep violators in line.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

My county just enacted a smoking ban in all workplaces, including bars* & restaurants. It sure has been nice not leaving restaurants smelling like a chimney & not having my nose all clogged up! (Cuz really, is there such a thing as a non smoking section?)

*bars that draw 20 percent or less of annual revenue in food sales, as well as cigar bars, tobacco shops and private clubs whose officers agree to allow smoking are exempt.
                              Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5177 users online. 283 members and 4894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X