No announcement yet.

New week - thank goodness

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New week - thank goodness

Yay, this is a new week. For this, I am extremely happy. It truly HAS to better than last week.

Last week started out well enough. Saturday the Christmas tree went up and the kids decorated it (mostly without killing each other) and the cat cooperated and stayed out of the tree. Sunday my daughter asked me ever so sweetly if I would make some French Toast for breakfast. Sure no problem, kiddo. I start cleaning up after we all eat and the good times come to a screeching halt.

I was loading the dishes in to the dishwasher when my daughter jumped off floor and proceeded to run into the kitchen and threw up. Kudos to her for making it to the trash can at least. I think she just ate too much/too fast and she seemed fine. Ha ha ha.... silly me. Three hours later she was dry heaving uncontrollably and so it was was off to the ER with her. Four hours and two Zofran pills later my daughter is now holding down water with no problems.

Monday she wakes up feeling just fine. She ate a light breakfast and insisted that she was fine and she was able to go to school. Everything is going fine and dandy until right after lunch. Apparently school lunches don't settle well when one is recovering from the stomach flu. I retrieve said child from the school nurse and she's fine. No more barfing... from her. That night my son says his tummy really hurts. Thinking he is trying to score some attention for himself I give him a little pepto and tell him he'll be fine. Send the kids to bed and just as I am getting ready to climb into bed I hear my son whimpering. Open the bedroom door to be greeted by the stench of vomit. Oh boy we spend another night riding the vomit comet.

Tuesday spend the day doing laundry. Sheets, towels, couch cushion covers, rugs and whatever else has been splattered by stomach contents. Bleach down the apartment and hope like heck both kids last all day at school. Happiness abounds, the kids make it through the day and the house smells like a chlorine bomb went off. I have a migraine from the bleach fumes, but I no longer smell vomit in every room.

Wednesday we get the glorious news that my husband is deploying two months earlier than originally planned and to a new location as well. Yipee! (that was sarcasm)

Thursday CNN reports that suicide bombers strike the city where my husband is headed to in a few months. Quickly delete CNN from the Channel line-up and remove from my bookmarks.

Friday after the kids go to school I agree to give my neighbor (who has no car) a ride to the store. We just get to the rear of the store when I feel this odd sensation. I did my best not to push old people out of my way as I sprinted full speed like a mad woman to the front of the store where the restrooms are located. I manage to make it just before I start heaving my guts out in a very unladylike manner.

I finally began to recover and ate something close to real food last night. Today I'm about as a strong as newborn kitten, but I'm happy that nothing seems to be coming out of any part of my body at a completely unnatural speed.
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

RubyRose has sent you an ecard.

To view your ecard click on the following link:
    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

And I thought I'd had a crappy week...

Katzeyze, it can only get better from here
      No-one is completely useless, they can always serve as a bad example

What's Going On

There are currently 7270 users online. 153 members and 7117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad