300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys attitude towards girls???

Ok It may be just me, but have you noticed that guys now a day tend to be rough and abrasive towards gals?? I have been seeing this around my school quite frequently. You see guys calling girls by very rude names and casually talking about hitting them if the were to do “something”. I have heard guys also talking about how they would slap a girl if they were cheating on them or doing something, and seen several guys strike at a girl but pull back, so as to not hit them. Whenever I see this I call the guy out on it but that does nothing then earn me a glare from the guy in question. I just wondering, has anyone else noticed this??? So does this fall under the category of boys will be boys or is this the way our generation is turning out?? I honestly can’t tell and its got me kinda worried.
    Dark and light shall merge to one, I cannot finish, what I haven't begun.

Originally posted by Monkeybomb
    What pic are you looking at. Its a babbons @55

It goes way beyond a "guys will be guys" type thing. It is the way children are raised these days. Parents are afraid to discipline so children think they can do what they want, act all big and bad and get away with it.

We also live in a society where children are raising themselves.

That said, if I were to ever hear my son even attempt to say anything like that, he will be looking for his teeth for the next decade.

We also model what we expect of our children. My son will be the kind of husband that he sees his father being towards me. He will also look for the kind of wife that I am towards my husband.

Same thing with the girls. They will look for the kind of husband their father is and be the kind of wife I am.

And I am not talking about homesteading, canning, etc. I am talking about respect, dignity, love, compassion, communication, support, stability, and everything else that goes into our marriage.

While typing this, Charlie came up to me and said "Mommy, you're the best." (I wonder what he did????)
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If by school you mean high school, then I am not too surprised.

I think a lot of it is an 'act' they put on so they seem 'cool' in front of their friends. Some grow out of it (or don't act that way outside of school), some never do and then could be problem individuals later on in life (DV, sexism, rapists, etc). Either way, its unacceptable behavior.

Reminds me of the things the 'guys' in my school used to do back in the day....

Also, perhaps the gals should tell them to 'shut up' or 'don't speak to me/about me like that' or 'get away from me with your bad attitude', 'don't you dare pretend to hit me', etc....then if the guys saw that their bad behavior wasn't going to be tolerated it would cease (to a point)...

Or maybe that's just what I would say if a man spoke to me like that....
      Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 11-13-2008, 12:30 PM.
      'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

You give people permission to treat you as they do.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Smurfette is right. Also if I saw a man hit a woman, regardless of whether they're related to me or not, that man is about to be put through a whole gauntlet of hurting.
          "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Comment

I don't know, the worst a guy treats a woman the more she wants to be w/ him...Bet you no guy would do that to Gina Carano...
            sigpic

Comment

I quite agree with your sentiment Lawless. And yes I do mean high school. See therin lies another problem, from what I see whenever the girls say something back, that just seems to spur on more of the "what did you say to me" or "Dont talk back to me-insert name/explitive-" kind of talk and actions. It really disturbs me when I see it. I dont condone it at all, but it seems none of the guys have the guts to actually make good on their actions so it would seem all talk I guess.
              Dark and light shall merge to one, I cannot finish, what I haven't begun.

Originally posted by Monkeybomb
              What pic are you looking at. Its a babbons @55

Comment

If were talking about high school then as CBR said, I'm not suprised and to what smurf said 100% agree.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

It's the way the "entertainment" industry (namely music) has spun things...ESPECIALLY the Rap/R&B/Hip Hop side of things...Granted, Rock idolizes women as sex images as well, but I typically don't hear them referencing to women as nothing but "b's" and "hoes"......

I mean, I think you should stand up for those girls too, but at the same time, how many fights are you going to get in and is it worth getting yourself into that trouble?

Whenever I have sons, you better believe they will treat women right...shoot, even my wife had to inform me of some of the points of chivalry that I didn't know, like walking on the curb side of the sidewalk so that if oncoming traffic goes awry, I'm the one to get hit and not her ...

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                    I don't know, the worst a guy treats a woman the more she wants to be w/ him...Bet you no guy would do that to Gina Carano...
                    That would be one way I could get her to lay her hands on me
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

And what age range of guys are we talking about here?

If it's the younger punks, they are just doing it for attention and to look B.A. Sadly, I doubt any of them grow out of it.

However, I can't bash the younger generation of males, without doing so with the females. They are just as ridiculous.

No offense to you, or anyone who actually has GOOD kids, but kids these days, are a f-ing disgrace.
                      Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                        And what age range of guys are we talking about here?

If it's the younger punks, they are just doing it for attention and to look B.A. Sadly, I doubt any of them grow out of it.

However, I can't bash the younger generation of males, without doing so with the females. They are just as ridiculous.

No offense to you, or anyone who actually has GOOD kids, but kids these days, are a f-ing disgrace.
                        I'm actually doing to agree with that. I don't fit with a solid 50% of my generation in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                          I'm actually doing to agree with that. I don't fit with a solid 50% of my generation in my opinion...
                          Same. I like how the kids now a days will end up like the husband and wife you see on cops "Don't take him away, I still love him" as shes refusing EMS and shes got bruises all over herself, CLAIMING it was from running into doors and walls. It's sort of both ways, girls let themselves be degraded and don't try to help themselves and the boy just goes along with it... until it turns into the man and the women are now just in a very abusive relationship and it wont ever change. it's very sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                            Just from knowing you a short time, and talking to you about some pretty personal things (that I don't normally tell anyone), I would agree with you. You are the exception.

However, stop frickin burning yourself, weiner.
                            Your mom...

Comment

lol what did that burn mean, was it like a fraternal brotherhood symbol?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5125 users online. 372 members and 4753 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X