Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even the media is split down political lines

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Even the media is split down political lines

    Has any "objective" people on here noticed how FOX news bashes the hell out of Obama and does major stories on negative things about Democrats and how CNN does stories that are pro Democrat and really bashes republicans. I noticed today watching them both. CNN's top story was how Obama has risen in the polls while FOX new's top story was a scnadal involving a group called ACORN for falslety regerstring voters mainly democrats.

    So, FOX is very conservative and CNN is sort of Liberal. Thats interesting how people from both sides like to critisize the media and yet we are seeing the media fall down party lines as well. America...........what a country.

  • #2
    Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post

    So, FOX is very conservative and CNN is sort of Liberal. Thats interesting how people from both sides like to critisize the media and yet we are seeing the media fall down party lines as well. America...........what a country.
    CNN is only sort of liberal?

    What about ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC? They are all "sort" of liberal too.

    Comment


    • #3
      FOX is so far right it should be called GOP News Channel, the rest are kind of spread between the left and center. It is funny though, everyone thinks that their channel is the only objective one (even FOX). However, a lot of what is put on these networks is work by commentators. It still amazes me that someone gives their opinion on tv, and people take that as gospel. This is why when people start spewing campaign trash talk I always ask, "Did you actually research that or did you hear it from a talking head?" A news article is one thing, a commentator's or analyst's opinion is another. Seems like everyone just watches the channel that says what they want to hear, and then think everyone else is dumb for having a different opinion than their favorite analyst.

      Heck, I don't even believe half the news articles. Every time I've been in an incident that has made the news, it was reported completely wrong. But maybe that's just me.
      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
        FOX new's top story was a scnadal involving a group called ACORN for falslety regerstring voters mainly democrats.

        .
        This is not the first time Acorn has been busted. We have convicted three for the same thing. It's not just mainly democrats, it's about 90+% democrats. It's a news story because they are tied to Obama.
        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by futurencLEO View Post
          CNN is only sort of liberal?

          What about ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC? They are all "sort" of liberal too.
          Ha!

          Boy, that's an understatement if I ever read one.




          "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

          "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

          >>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

          Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

          Comment


          • #6
            FOX news reporting on ACORN is hardly "very conservative" reporting...

            Your determination that FOX is very conservative and CNN is merely "sort" of Liberal tells me that you aren't nearly the objective thinker you no doubt believe that you are.

            Of course you also bash John McCain for being a POW, so your lack of intelligence has already clearly been made evident.

            Comment


            • #7
              If FOX didn't cover ACORN, Ayers, Democrat involvement in Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac, etc. it wouldn't get covered.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                If FOX didn't cover ACORN, Ayers, Democrat involvement in Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac, etc. it wouldn't get covered.
                Sure it would. Just like all of the Clinton scandals, after the election

                The MSM knew all about Clintons women and the other scandals from his time as governor and very little was said until AFTER he was in office. Of course during the campaign time all the conservative outlets who were talking about it were dismissed as fools and making anything up to keep him from getting elected.
                A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and people of the like are COMMENTATORS, not journalists. It is their job to give their opinion. They do not report. Their job is not to be impartial.

                  Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, and people of the like are self-described JOURNALISTS who are supposed to report fair and impartially but do not. That is where most of the problems come in to play.

                  Ayers and ACORN are news, like it or not. It is very annoying when you see a conscious effort on behalf of the networks to spin it one way or the other. Kind of nauseating actually.

                  If you are a journalist, be fair and impartial. I don't need someone telling me how to vote. If you are a commentator, give your opinion. That is what commentators do.

                  A good rule of thumb is if the show is named after the host, that person is a commentator (Hannity and Colmbs, The O'Reilly Factor). If you are on a show named something other than the host's name (Headline News, Today), you are a journalist.
                  Last edited by BigTrooper; 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM.
                  Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                    Sure it would. Just like all of the Clinton scandals, after the election

                    The MSM knew all about Clintons women and the other scandals from his time as governor and very little was said until AFTER he was in office. Of course during the campaign time all the conservative outlets who were talking about it were dismissed as fools and making anything up to keep him from getting elected.
                    If Obama does get elected then what are the liberal loons going to complain about for the next four years....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dw1503 View Post
                      If Obama does get elected then what are the liberal loons going to complain about for the next four years....
                      How everything that they're screwing up is an attempt to fix eight years of Bush.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                        How everything that they're screwing up is an attempt to fix eight years of Bush.
                        No doubt that one is cocked and loaded in the holster...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BigTrooper View Post
                          Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and people of the like are COMMENTATORS, not journalists. It is their job to give their opinion. They do not report. Their job is not to be impartial.

                          Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, and people of the like are self-described JOURNALISTS who are supposed to report fair and impartially but do not. That is where most of the problems come in to play.

                          Ayers and ACORN are news, like it or not. It is very annoying when you see a conscious effort on behalf of the networks to spin it one way or the other. Kind of nauseating actually.

                          If you are a journalist, be fair and impartial. I don't need someone telling me how to vote. If you are a commentator, give your opinion. That is what commentators do.

                          A good rule of thumb is if the show is named after the host, that person is a commentator (Hannity and Colmbs, The O'Reilly Factor). If you are on a show named something other than the host's name (Headline News, Today), you are a journalist.

                          Good post, agree 100%

                          Comment

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 7501 users online. 421 members and 7080 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X