Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65mpg car Ford won't sell in the US

The 65-mpg car Ford won't sell in the US

Hummm... I don't care what the article states Fords reason is for not selling this thing in the US, that’s BS! I like money; I’m assuming everyone here likes it as well. What I don’t like doing is stuffing my money into my gas tank and letting my spark plugs light it on fire!

What’s everyone’s opinion on this?

go
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." --George Orwell

"So long as there are men, there will be wars."
    --Albert Einstein

Go figure!

Comment

diesel cars ftw...ford just has too many links to big oil to hop on board. i absolutely love the new jetta tdi, and will be ordering one in the next few months.

Comment

Diesel economy is not new, My buddie in High school had a diesel VW Rabbit that got better mileage than a Prius. I think it was like an 82 or 83...

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Where do you get "clean diesel" at?
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Its funny that VW sells diesel cars in the US. Also look at all the diesel trucks available.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Hell why don't they just make a non-diesel version that gets 40-45 mpg? That would still kick the butts of the competition.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Diesel is not new, no. And I was also thinking of turning in my jetta GLI in for a turbo tdi. They are nice. Just sucks cause mine is paid off. There is a company by my house that you can pay to make your car run on natural gas. Thinking of doing that if the tdi doesn't turn out. Or better yet, have you seen the car they have in china that runs on water? Any type of water; tap, salt, pool, bottled. THAT would be great!
                "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." --George Orwell

--Albert Einstein

Comment

My sister has a VW Golf TDI, not only does it get fantastic mileage (somewhere in the 40s), it'll haul if you want it to, all that torque, yummy...

I was in Europe this summer, the Ford cars over there are really nice, the Ford Mondeo just beats the crap out of the Taurus, it looks more like a Lexus than a Ford... Makes you wonder about the American arm of that American company...

The American companies just went full bore with SUVs... which I understand, considering all the dolts out there willing to shell out cash for a glorified minivan, they neglected the other segments as a result, but the profit margins on their SUVs were much higher than their other cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                    Where do you get "clean diesel" at?
                    Ironically, my friend told me that even regular diesel is ultimately cleaner than unleaded gas because while the emissions are worse, they break down much faster than the emissions from unleaded gas...

Go figure...

Comment

double post
                      Last edited by BlackSun23; 09-22-2008, 02:15 AM.

--Albert Einstein

Comment

triple post
                        Last edited by BlackSun23; 09-22-2008, 02:22 AM.

--Albert Einstein

Comment

quadruple post
                          Last edited by BlackSun23; 09-22-2008, 02:21 AM.

--Albert Einstein

Comment

Ford Mondeo!

Wow, that thing is pretty nice!

I wonder that too about the "American" company. Would there ever be a way to make a certain level of outsourcing illegal?

My Sgt. just recently told me to look on the inside of my car door for the location of where my vehicle was made. I assumed it being a VW it would have been made in Germany. Nope, it was made in Mexico!

----

Sorry about that above
                            Last edited by BlackSun23; 09-22-2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: Im an idiot

--Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh yeah, interesting, no?

In fact, up until two years ago VW still made the ORIGINAL beetle in Mexico...

But hey, my Honda was built in Ohio, and my Mazda was built somewhere in the great lakes region too, so...

As an aside, American companies actually get taxed twice on their foreign profits -- once in the country of sale, and twice by the U.S government, same goes for Americans working abroad -- North Korea is the only other country to do it...

But hey, if it weren't for foreign operations Ford and GM would probably be owned by Toyota already...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5959 users online. 336 members and 5623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X