300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blink 182/ Travis Barker

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A Learjet has crashed while departing from a South Carolina airport, killing four people and critically injuring two others including a former member of rock band Blink 182.

NBC News reported that Travis Barker, an ex-drummer with the band who also starred in MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers", was among those hurt. He was transported to a burn center in Augusta, Georgia, where he was listed in critical condition on Saturday morning.

Barker had performed Friday night at an event alongside Perry Farrell, the former Jane's Addiction singer, as well as Gavin DeGraw and DJ AM.

Hospital officials later confirmed that DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Michael Goldstein, had also been admitted to the burn unit in critical condition.

It was not clear whether Farrell and DeGraw were also traveling with Barker.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday from Columbia when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She said the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen said the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, California. She was unable to confirm the names of who was on board.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26803108
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

This Is Big News!

Holy Crap!
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

From the article I read both were DJ AM and Barker were injected upon impact though both were able to stand and begin walking. During this they were both on fire, trying to pat each other down. Sounds like the biggest concern here will be their burns.
      "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

I'm glad you posted this. I've been searching around trying to find the real story wherever i could. Im a big Blink fan - and an even bigger Boxcar Racer fan... I love Travis, he's awesome. I really want to find out what's true and what's rumor.

Comment

I figured that jelly. I heard first he had died, then that he was burned badly.
          I found this article and thought I might try to help others before the "rumors" got depressing.

yes they were burned. Burns are very bad injuries.
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by PaperWriter View Post
            From the article I read both were DJ AM and Barker were injected upon impact though both were able to stand and begin walking. During this they were both on fire, trying to pat each other down. Sounds like the biggest concern here will be their burns.
            both been admitted to the burn unit in critical condition
            for them both in that unit there has to be something wrong.
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
              As opposed to force trauma, broken bones, ect....
              "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

This is just horrible.

Comment

I have never even heard of this group or these people.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Travis is one of THE best drummers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                      Travis is one of THE best drummers out there.

Yes he is!
                      Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8KrvGpkyH8

Comment

Barker and DJ AM jumped clear of the plane.

I heard that from a local rock station

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post

Psh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5-g...eature=related
                            When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Yes, John Bonham was good but this thread is not about comparing drummers. Someone mentioned they were not familiar with who Travis Barker is so someone else responded with a video to help explain. Good job on trying to go off topic though...

Here's an even better video to explain/show who Travis Barker and DJ AM are and what they do:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dFIAbQuN9Y
                              (Again, this isn't about what drummer is better.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6101 users online. 349 members and 5752 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X