300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty Pleasure TV Shows!!

Post those guilty pleasures that you just can't help watching.

Current guilty pleasures-

1) Ice Road Truckers (History) - The same crap happens every week and there is very little depth but its kind of hard not to like any of these drivers.
    2) Sons of Anarchy (FX) - Dumb, violent, and bleak. Pretty good stuff if you can forget your watching a tv show about outlaw bikers who would sell meth to pre-schoolers, and pimp their own mothers.
    3) Gangland (History) - Everything you wanted to know about gangs without having to be in firearm range of them.
    4) TMZ (?) - Usually I cant stand these celebrity love fest shows, but any show that picks apart these overpaid, self important idiots can't be bad.

Pleasures from the past

1) Kolchak The Night Stalker (SciFi) - If you are over 35 you have seen this one and probably liked it more than you admit. Kolchak (Darren McGavin) is a reporter who has a knack for running into vampires, zombies, and aliens. Every now and then SciFi will play a Kolchak marathon when they run out of bad giant bug movies to air. Great cheese from the 70's
    2) In Search Of (SciFi, A&E, Discovery) - Leonard Nimoy's shining moment! Well maybe not but Nimoy hosting a show on the unexplained does have an element of coolness about it.

Ninja Warrior on channel G4 is a great one.

Sometimes I'll watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmer but that show gets a little sick from time to time.

Malcolm in the Middle. I think it's a good show!
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

I do not watch regular TV....other than the nightly news (sometimes), Letterman0 and NCIS/Simpsons.....and usually get an eye roll because of such viewing....but who gives a crap.....

I watch a ton of:

Comedy Central, Food Network, Travel Channel, Discover, A&E, TLC, History, International History, Military Channel, TBS, TNT, FX, Turner Classics, Fox News, EPSN, ESPN2, Fox Sports, WGN, etc......

I do not watch COPS, Speeders, TruTV, etc.....its all garbage in my book.....

Comment

I'm with BearCat in that I don't watch a lot of TV, unless I'm at work sometimes.

When I do watch, it's usually news, (I have to catch my daily bit of Robin Mead now!) but I do love MadTV. Also It Takes a Theif, Dirty Jobs, Cops, Speeders, (Pretty much anything on Court TV Red), Fresh Prince of Bel Air, somteimes I watch the Daily Show with Jon Stewert. Used to watch JAG all the time, till they replaced the Admiral, then it just sucked.
        "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Not so much of a quilty pleasuer, I guess....Dirty Jobs, MythBusters, Clean House and various Home Improvement shows, just to see if there is something I would even attempt to try in my home.

We watch a lot of Forensic Files when little Styx is asleep and are just amazed at how stupid people or an how brilliant some Forensic Scientist are....I like some of those Extreme shows unless they get too crash bam boom and then I get nervous.....

oh, and Funniest Home Videos when the kid is awake.
          "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Honestly, I find the show Speeders boring as hell.

After watching it, I feel I need to wait for COPS to come on to see some a** kicking to make up for it.

Too nice to the speeders. Seeing a meth head get tackled? That's television.
            When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

I liked watching speeders because I was wanting to go into FHP, which is nothing BUT traffic, so I liked watching it, but you are right...the a** kicking happens on cops! I also like the hardcore cop shows, like DEA and SWAT shows. Seeing heavly armed DEA agents bust down the door of tough drug houses...oh yea baby!
              "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Two and a Half Men
                Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Comment

Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Family Guy, mostly anything on the Military Channel, National Geographic Channel, and Discovery Channel. Sometimes I'll watch Animal Planet... but the only thing I ever see on is Animal Cops: Houston... and the times I watched that show made me watch to punch things.
                  sigpic

Comment

TruTV's "Speeder's"
                    MTV's "Busted"
                    E!'s "The Soup"
                    "Cops"
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Family Guy
                      Star Trek
                      Smallville
                      House
                      Futurama
                      Two and a half men

....but I spend more time online than watching TV
                      "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

My TV by 1042 Trooper
                        • Fox News for
                          Hannity
                          O'Reilly
                          Fox Report
                          Fox Business
                        • History Channel - Everything
                        • Military Channel
                        • Discovery
                        • FX

Channels they should pay me for because they take up space on my tuner:
                        • Clinton News Network
                        • MesSNBC
                        • NationalBarack Channel
                        • Clearly Barack Supporters
                        • All Barack Channel
                        • Pure Barack Supporters
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

[QUOTE=darkstar;1417470]Post those guilty pleasures that you just can't help watching.

1) Kolchak The Night Stalker (SciFi) - If you are over 35 you have seen this one and probably liked it more than you admit. Kolchak (Darren McGavin) is a reporter who has a knack for running into vampires, zombies, and aliens. Every now and then SciFi will play a Kolchak marathon when they run out of bad giant bug movies to air. Great cheese from the 70's

I loved that show! Especially the one where he had to catch the zombie asleep and sew its mouth together after filling it with salt to kill it!

Now days I like:

1) Reruns of M*A*S*H (Just so I can see how big a liberal leftie Alan Alda was/is)

2) Real Stories Of The Highway Patrol

3) Antiques Roadshow (My wife says I like it because it's full of really old stuff kinda like me. )
                          visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                          http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                          (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Transporter;1417918]
                            Originally posted by darkstar View Post
                            Post those guilty pleasures that you just can't help watching.

I loved that show! Especially the one where he had to catch the zombie asleep and sew its mouth together after filling it with salt to kill it!

Now days I like:

1) Reruns of M*A*S*H (Just so I can see how big a liberal leftie Alan Alda was/is)
                            I found a dvd box set that has all the episodes from the original series - under 20 bucks. Great for killing an evening with a bag of popcorn and a couple of beers

I have to admit compared to shows today Alan Alda almost looks like a sane moderate.

Comment

Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, and lots of those flip/redesign your house type shows
                              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6224 users online. 362 members and 5862 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X