300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about my stupidity.

So... just as a precautionary measure I'll ask you guys about this. Me and some friends got bored and had a bonfire tonight and well, someone just randomly said "Let's get brotherhood scars!" as a joke. Well, me and one of my bestfriends decided to actually do it instead of p***ing out like everyone else, so we tried it. At first they looked weak so we did a few, and realized later that they weren't weak.

Two with wood, two with metal. People are telling me now how it's going to get infected and j*** so... how do I prevent this?

Thanks. Columbus does dumb things sometimes and needs help from his friends at O.com.

By the way, the one people kept talking about they said was "2nd degree". I don't know what that means but it's some info. Will Neosporin do the trick to stop infection?
    Last edited by Columbus; 09-19-2008, 09:45 PM.

Dcotor. See.

2nd degree burn I'd see an MD and get some prescription type stuff.

Dont use ice or break any blisters if they form. Just see an MD if you or anyone else has a second degree burn.

Edit: As for the degrees, there are varying forms. 1st is just a burn to the skin and can be treated at home usually. 2nd degree means that there is usually tissue damage and should require a doctor visit. 3rd degree means get the heck off the internet, call 911 and see a doctor now.
    Last edited by -Erik-; 09-19-2008, 09:49 PM.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

not dumb. Just teenage impulse things that sometimes happen.
      and a bonfire? Hell I could have given you wood.....for a HUGE fire.

Ice water for tonight. Aloe Vera plant tomorrow. keep it clean and like about- no popping blisters. IF it gets red and hurts still n monday go to dr. but ice water for first day or so.

next time, pierce your tongue.
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks for the advice. By the way texaschickeee, we built the fire with limbs from collapsed trees.

Comment

http://www.webmd.com/video/burn-vacuum

I got two oaks cut up down stairs. forget limbs. I got CHUNKS of fire wood.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Columbus, thanks. I hope you get that taken care of but as a side note, now I know, not to do that.

Comment

Eh Taylor everyone needs to do dumb stuff sometimes. I cut myself with my best friend at 16. Bloodbrothers! Now I have aids, herp, and siflus! dirty slut he was!

Kidding of course

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                Thanks. Columbus does dumb things sometimes and needs help from his friends at O.com.
                Let me ask you this. Would you still think you were so dumb had you done what everyone else does these days, and gotten a tattoo (or two, or three, or...)? And if your tattoo got infected, nobody would think you're stupid... Kudos to you for doing something other than ink. PM'd you on how to handle it, depending on the desired outcome.

Comment

Umm, go see a doctor...Tell him/her you were playing w/ fire and got burned...Take care man, chill out, or else no Ranger school...
                  sigpic

Comment

You have verified you are truly Infantry material.

Keep it clean, Meaning wash it to the point of extreme pain. Contratr to popular belief Charred Wood is not Sterile. The puffy Red area around the burn should be as big as it's going to get by now so get a sharpie and trace the border to keep tract of how big it is. If it starts spreading, or you start to run a fever get to the MD ASAP. Keep neosporin in it at night, and let it breathe during the day.

Don't break yourself before the Army has the chance to do it.

M-11
                    “All men dream...... But not equally..
                    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by sam I am
                      Lost for words at your..well I am sure you know.
                      Anyway, keep it clean and dry like M-11 said watch for infection, go to the Dr. too. You need to treat it like an open wound!

I have advice I just feel it would be wasted some how.
                      Feel like it would be going in one ear and out the other?
                      "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
                      You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Huzzah! Clean it, let it breath, keep antibiotics on it, and keep an eye on it. If it starts looking bad, it probably is and go see a doctor.
                        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

You called it stupidity. It's not my place to judge.

How does it look today?

Charred skin needs immediate medical attention. Surface burns can be cared for on your own. Partial-thickness or full-thickness burns need to be looked at by a doc.

Hopefully is stings like hell today. That would be a good thing. That means that you have only damaged, not killed the nerves in the skin. If you don't feel anything, that's a VERY bad thing and you need to see a doc.

If it's open, you need to see a doc. If it's weeping, cover it with moist sterile gauze - never dry gauze. Dry gauze will adhere to it and make it hurt even worse.

If it blisters, don't pop the blister. The skin around it is already dead. It will dry, pop, and fall off on it's own. By helping the process along, you're just asking for infection to set in.

Only use commercial burn creams or antibiotic ointments if it's a superficial or surface burn.

If it gets really warm, starts oozing pus, starts throbbing, or the area around it starts hurting more, it's infected. You need to see a doc sooner rather than later.

And last off, if you're worried enough to ask questions about it, it'll be most effective if you ask your doctor instead of us. NO advice you can receive here is an adequate substitute for in-person treatment by a qualified medical professional.

Comment

You know, I must be sheltered, (or just never did anything real stupid) but what the heck is a brotherhood scar? Judging from the replies, I'd say you burned yourself, but I still need clarification: Did you just grab it? Hold it to your arm? Draw a little design? Help me out so I can understand the real depth of the stupidity everyone is talking about.
                            "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by sam I am
                              Lost for words at your..well I am sure you know.
                              Anyway, keep it clean and dry like M-11 said watch for infection, go to the Dr. too. You need to treat it like an open wound!

I have advice I just feel it would be wasted some how.
                              Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3883 users online. 254 members and 3629 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X