Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran's new RADAR evading plane

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd3_1219283755

I couldn't help myself from posting this.

tar har har

Comment

Oh great so, basically they are bragging about technology we have had for nearly half a century now and have been utilizing effectively since, at least skunk works, in the late 60's/early 70's?............Some how I am not impressed.
      "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PaperWriter View Post
        Oh great so, basically they are bragging about technology we have had for nearly half a century now and have been utilizing effectively since, at least skunk works, in the late 60's/early 70's?............Some how I am not impressed.
        It wasn't even a video posted by them. It was a few clips from military demonstrations or getting ready to kill gays, whatever the heck they were doing in the first part over there in Iran, and then they showed a clip of a remote control plane flying, at the end they showed how Iran launched their nuclear weapons but made a huge joke of it because of all the doctored picture rumors.

Comment

thats why i love the internet
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
            It wasn't even a video posted by them. It was a few clips from military demonstrations or getting ready to kill gays, whatever the heck they were doing in the first part over there in Iran, and then they showed a clip of a remote control plane flying, at the end they showed how Iran launched their nuclear weapons but made a huge joke of it because of all the doctored picture rumors.
            I guess you are showing your age again by not knowing what I was referring t, but ti was sarcasm my young friend.
            "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Why are you getting on Taylor's case for being young?

Your post didn't look like it was entirely sarcasm to me. Only the "oh great" and to some extent the "Some how" part looked like sarcasm to me. The rest looked like ordinary disparagement. It looked to me like you misunderstood the humorous intent and deliberate misattribution and fakery in the video.

[sarcasm]Maybe that's just because I'm so young.[/sarcasm]
              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

That was funny.
                Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

PaperWriter:

Your profile says you're studying German.

Here's a quote:

"Es ist einfacher, ein Atom zu spalten, als ein Vorurteil zu zerstören."
                  (It is easier to split an atom than to destroy a prejudice.)

Albert Einstein

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                    Why are you getting on Taylor's case for being young?

Your post didn't look like it was entirely sarcasm to me. Only the "oh great" and to some extent the "Some how" part looked like sarcasm to me. The rest looked like ordinary disparagement. It looked to me like you misunderstood the humorous intent and deliberate misattribution and fakery in the video.

[sarcasm]Maybe that's just because I'm so young.[/sarcasm]
                    I can't control how you interpret my posts and arguing the intention of a statement that I made with someone, as if they were viewing my thoughts at the time, seems pretty immature. Personally I don't think a 13 year old child has a place on an internet law enforcement forum, but it's not my forum...the only reason I mention this was because you asked. I'm not sure what my German studies have to do with this and I don't think your quote applies to the situation.

Comment

I can't control how you interpret my posts and arguing the intention of a statement that I made with someone, as if they were viewing my thoughts at the time, seems pretty immature. Personally I don't think a 13 year old child has a place on an internet law enforcement forum, but it's not my forum...the only reason I mention this was because you asked. I'm not sure what my German studies have to do with this and I don't think your quote applies to the situation.
                      Well... you could've been giving more clues as to your post being "sarcastic". Immature? You can't form a proper debate with me so you bash me for being young. I don't think someone who can't deal with a 13 year old online, who mind you isn't going around "can i play wif ur gun" as would other 13 year olds. If you've got a problem with me because of my age, that's pretty damn pathetic and immature. I don't see the logic here. If I was saying I'm a 45 year old man or whatever and I was making posts I don't think anyone would characterize me as a kid, probably an immature man, but certainly not a 13 year old. If you've got beef with a 13 year old, simply because of his or her age, I don't think you should be dealing with people in general.

Comment

Taylor it's not a matter of age by itself but what the age implies or does not imply, like a lack of life experience. I'm sure for a 13 year old that you are well developed respectful person. It's just a personal opinion of mine that a thirteen year old minor child should not be engaging in such discussions with adults on a public internet forum, I certainly would not let my child do this. This is not directed singly at yourself but all minors. I don't have any issue with you personally, so I'll ask you to refrain from making assumptions about my personality...a debate like that won't get us anywhere. As far as dealing with people, though I'm relatively young myself, I would think my 5 years in Law Enforcement, though not sworn, (starting at age 17 as a beach lifeguard then moving on to a municipal LE agency) would attest to my ability to do just that. No hard feelings, have a great day.

Comment

PaperWriter:

You're not sure how my Einstein quote applies to the situation. I think it should be obvious. Then again, I know I'm writing to a person who has demonstrated a bias regarding age.

I've caused splitting of atoms before; now I'll try the more difficult task of destroying a prejudice.

The smartest person I know is 5 years old. I've known her since she was 4. She advises real scientists and other scholars at major universities and other institutions in multiple languages. She's a genius of the first magnitude, and a saint too. She takes care of her de facto family at the orphanage where she lives. She's not publicly known, and she doesn't want to be. She doesn't want her abilities to be applied by governments for war purposes.

OK kid, please let me explain further: you're not sure how the quote applies; did you bristle at all at being called "kid"? In terms of age, your age as stated and implied by you means you are a kid compared to me. I don't think that means your ideas should be dismissed by me. I don't have the prejudice you exhibited. You seem to think an idea should be rejected if its purveyor to you isn't old enough to vote. That seems to me to be a severe prejudice that presents a hindrance to apprehension of truth.

Please think it over. If an idea is right, it doesn't matter where it came from. And if you're wrong, being a thousand years old won't make you right.

Sincerely,

Monty

Comment

I understand your quote but ti still does not apply, I think your taking political correctness and using the term "bias" to an extreme...If I refuse to have sex with a 12 year old, does that make me a bigot? I think not. It's because she is a minor child who should not be put in such a situation as she does not have the life experience to buffer the event.

Comment

I understand your quote but ti still does not apply, I think your taking political correctness and using the term "bias" to an extreme...If I refuse to have sex with a 12 year old, does that make me a bigot? I think not. It's because she is a minor child who should not be put in such a situation as she does not have the life experience to buffer the event.
                              were talking about debating and socializing with others, not making babies here. Also, I'm a boy for future reference. I have NEVER said I've got the expirence of this or that I've never been like this "Yeah, we had an infant shot last week, it was hard on the other guys, but I got through it okay.." or anything like that. I don't know where your going with this, but whatever, and you do know, some kids that at least I know have had sex at the age of 12? Just saying....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4497 users online. 224 members and 4273 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X