300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is World War 3 coming?

I had heard an interesting idea, can't remember where, but I figure this wouldn't be a bad place to post it.

Are we on the verge of a World War in which the use of biological warfare will be used? I have heard that Russia I believe (and I think some other countries as well) have the means to make biological weapons with viruses that the governments have stored away.

It probably isn't true, but it's interesting when you look at it this way:

World War 1: Chemical warfare (e.g. mustard gas)
    World War 2: Physics warfare (the nuclear bomb)
    World War 3: Biological?

Curious as to what the military members here think.

Edit: Come to think of it, it may have actually been on this very forum where I read about that.
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
    I had heard an interesting idea, can't remember where, but I figure this wouldn't be a bad place to post it.

Are we on the verge of a World War in which the use of biological warfare will be used? I have heard that Russia I believe (and I think some other countries as well) have the means to make biological weapons with viruses that the governments have stored away.

It probably isn't true, but it's interesting when you look at it this way:

World War 1: Chemical warfare (e.g. mustard gas)
    World War 2: Physics warfare (the nuclear bomb)
    World War 3: Biological?

Curious as to what the military members here think.

Edit: Come to think of it, it may have actually been on this very forum where I read about that.
    Biological would be for if you merely wanted to punish a country and any offspring it produces.

Chemical for a painful slow death w/o the collateral damage.

Nuclear? Well, you can vaporize sections of the globe.

Comment

I do not believe there will be a World War III. Nations declaring war on one another seems to be a thing of the past. Instead, we will have undeclared wars waged by groups that are covertly supported by governments.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's only in the last century that biological agents have largely ceased to be a factor in warfare. Disease and infection killed more soldiers than blades, bullets, and bombs until the development of antibiotics and modern sanitation.

Comment

we will have undeclared wars waged by groups that are covertly supported by governments.
          Whaaat?

No Way.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

A WWIII? I don't know about that...I definitely think that it could happen, but I feel like the dissolution of the USA is much more likely. Not that I wish that to happen, by any means, but the ever widening and often unspoken divisions in politics, race, and citizenry, if left unresolved, will ultimately destroy or weaken our nation to a point of easy exploitation. Again, all theoretical, but I feel very possible considering all the fuel to the fire...I don't see it happening in the next ten years, but definitely within our (40 and under) lifetimes...sad to say .

Comment

WWIII has been coming since the end of WWII
              "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
                biological warfare could be spread too easily to the originator of the attack. so i dont think theres much of a risk of a bio attack.
                Scientists have had the capability to 'tweak' bacteria and viruses for several years......they can make them more/less lethal.....

they can also make them ignore certain genetic types.....making it less likely for them to come back and haunt you.....

also, certain groups (cough...radical Islam...cough)....DONT CARE IF THEY DIE......they WANT to die in battle with the Infidel (thats us, btw)......

there have been rumors going around for years as to where the old Soviet Union CBRN scientists went.....as in Iran,,,,
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
                  WWIII has been coming since the end of WWII

Excellent point

Comment

Originally posted by RCKoutWurGLKout View Post
                    A WWIII? I don't know about that...I definitely think that it could happen, but I feel like the dissolution of the USA is much more likely. Not that I wish that to happen, by any means, but the ever widening and often unspoken divisions in politics, race, and citizenry, if left unresolved, will ultimately destroy or weaken our nation to a point of easy exploitation. Again, all theoretical, but I feel very possible considering all the fuel to the fire...I don't see it happening in the next ten years, but definitely within our (40 and under) lifetimes...sad to say .
                    I completely agree. I think we are all 10 times more likely to witness a U.S. civil war in our lifetimes than WW3.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Well, is there anything that can be done to avoid it?

Comment

Well, is there anything that can be done to avoid it?
                        Well in Star Trek:First contact they built a warp drive, which allowed a space ship to be propelled faster than the speed of light.....this attracted the attention of a near by race of humanoid aliens. These aliens contacted Earth and shared with them technology and helped to build up the structure of the planet, eliminating greed or power and uniting humanity under the guise of exploration and bettering themselves. It's all very simple....

WHAT?!

You guys were being hypothetical too!
                        "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

We're certainly not in for the best of times. Nothing hypothetical about that.

Comment

We're certainly not in for the best of times. Nothing hypothetical about that.
                            Relax..........in all seriousness you are being hypothetical. A hypothesis is an educated guess based on evidence, trends and correlates multiple interactive phenomenon by offering a likely suggestion or outcome. I believe that is exactly what you are ding here?

Hey I'm as pestemistic as the next guy, but at the same time I'm neither paranoid nor do I reject comic relief, please take my last comment as such.
                            Last edited by PaperWriter; 09-18-2008, 11:54 PM. Reason: wanted to add the definition for hypothesis, some have forgotten it.
                            "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

We just need to find the gene for fanaticism and find a virus that turns it into a gene for pacisfism.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6125 users online. 369 members and 5756 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X