Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its Ping Pong Time! (with cars of course)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Ping Pong Time! (with cars of course)

Turn the volume up for maximum ownage.

And more...

Mother nature- 2
    Idiot humans - 0
    Last edited by CityCopDC; 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM.

Man. that's scary, not being able to control your car like that on icee streets...I never want to go through that...Thank goodness I'm in shorts (or jeans) and a t-shirt, sipping on a slurpee, in 80 degree weather during winter...I love winter...

Last edited by Southflaguy; 09-15-2008, 07:48 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I noticed a disturbing trend. Everyone sliding was laying on their brakes. Me thinks some folks didn't have enough fun in empty parking lots...

You can't steer and drive without spinning wheels...
      sigpic

Comment

Great, just in time for fall/winter in Chicago. At least I'm no longer in Iowa where they suck at clearing their roads. Sand does not = salt.

And I think the person taking the video in the second one is just as stupid for standing out next to that busy road while idiots are sliding all over the place. Thank god it doesn't look like anyone got hurt in either of these videos.
        Last edited by ChiCity; 09-15-2008, 09:07 PM. Reason: added something
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
          Great, just in time for fall/winter in Chicago. At least I'm no longer in Iowa where they suck at clearing their roads. Sand does not = salt.

And I think the person taking the video in the second one is just as stupid for standing out next to that busy road while idiots are sliding all over the place. Thank god it doesn't look like anyone got hurt in either of these videos.
          I agree. But I believe the camera was on a tripod for most of the filming.

Comment

Comical, people who don't know how to drive in the winter.
            "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
              Comical, people who don't know how to drive in the winter.
              Whats sad is, in the video 2 points are obvious.

1. When in doubt, depress the accelerator.

2. No need to look 12 sec's down the road. A pileup means that its ok to continue at your current speed.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                Whats sad is, in the video 2 points are obvious.

1. When in doubt, depress the accelerator.

2. No need to look 12 sec's down the road. A pileup means that its ok to continue at your current speed.
                Heck, looking 5 seconds down the road could have helped on a few of those. And don't even THINK about driving under the speed limit when the roads are bad......
                For every one hundred men you send us,
                Ten should not even be here.
                Eighty are nothing but targets.
                Nine of them are real fighters;
                We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Not being from that part of the country, don't people drive with chains or winter spiked tires during the winter?
                  Retired LASD

Comment

I moved out to Seattle from New York and landed in driving hell. If there is a flurry, the city pretty much shuts down and no one knows how to drive. The few times we have gotten 2"+ of snow, people either drive on the highway at 5 mph or pretend the snow's not there. Don't drive around Seattle if it snows, 95% of the people have no idea what they are doing.
                    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                      Not being from that part of the country, don't people drive with chains or winter spiked tires during the winter?
                      To be honest, the only time I've EVER seen tire chains on a vehicle was when I saw them on a combine. Yep... a giant, freakin', farm implement. And the only time I ever see tire studs is on dirt-bikes... for ice racing. That's it. I have never seen chains or studs on road-worthy vehicles.

I can't wait until the snow starts to fall... I'm going to get plenty of practice and experience with Wisconsin's good ol' MV4000. In addition to OMVWI, why can't we have OMVWHUA?
                      sigpic

Comment

my sister moved to North Carolina a couple years ago and told me the first winter there that she couldn't believe how pathetic the drivers were. She told me the roads weren't bad (compared to growing up in winterfest Idaho), but she stayed home alot because she didn't want to get hit by somebody else driving.

What I've kinda noticed with the winter crashes I respond to. Seems like a lot of people put studded tires on and think that they can now drive like it was dry pavement. I've had a number of people tell me they were surprised at loosing control because they had studded tires.

I've ended up in the ditch once in my patrol truck. Ice covered 2 lane highway and I needed to turn around. Slowed down, got to one side, and was going to just kick the back end around. Trouble was I forgot I was in 4wd from recently coming off a forest road, so instead of the back end kicking around I shot straight into the ditch. oops. A little tug from a passing pickup got me out, but the humiliation lasted quite awhile.
                        He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
                          To be honest, the only time I've EVER seen tire chains on a vehicle was when I saw them on a combine. Yep... a giant, freakin', farm implement. And the only time I ever see tire studs is on dirt-bikes... for ice racing. That's it. I have never seen chains or studs on road-worthy vehicles.

I can't wait until the snow starts to fall... I'm going to get plenty of practice and experience with Wisconsin's good ol' MV4000. In addition to OMVWI, why can't we have OMVWHUA?
                          LOL, we have that last one, you just can't enforce it.

The big thing around here is idiots with 4 wheel drive going 100 MPH no matter the weather - 4 wheel drive helps you get going, it doesn't help you stop.
                          For every one hundred men you send us,
                          Ten should not even be here.
                          Eighty are nothing but targets.
                          Nine of them are real fighters;
                          We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                          Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                          And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Gettin to be that time of year.... Luckily MOST people around here know how to drive on snow.

No one seems to know that when your tires arent rolling, you have NO control at all. A buddy of mine figured that out the hard way. Goofing off in a neighborhood, instead of taking the turn nice and slow, he wait till the last second, slams on the brakes and cuts the wheel hard (trying to drift). Instead he hits a stop sign, luckily not too hard. I was in the passenger seat, he got a lot of ribbing after that.

My only "accident" was when I pulled into a parking lot to drop off my sis and her friends to go sledding. I pulled around to park parallel with some snow plow piles, but didnt notice the black ice. I ended up sliding sideways into one of them at less than 3mph. 17* weather (not counting windchill) and a minor impact do damage to a plastic bumper, FYI. Not a cheap learning experience ($500), but if thats my biggest accident, Ill be perfectly happy.
                            "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                            Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                            Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6381 users online. 369 members and 6012 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X