300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike in Columbus????

Wind gusts hit 70 MPH here yesterday as the remnants of Ike passed through... nearly 300,000 people in Franklin County are without power and some may not get power back for a week. Schools across Columbus cancelled classes today and mine was one of them... I'm now at work, the whole westside seems to be out so we've been wthout power at home for 20 hours now. Food's ruined, everything (electronics) is dead.

I don't know how you people down south do it... this has hit Columbus hard as a city and the storm doesn't even compare to what you people in the south face. Good luck to you all and my prayers are with you.

Talk to you all again as soon as my power is back.

-Columbus

Hit Indiana as well. Thousands of people without power. Downed trees and power lines. Normal stuff here. The only difference was the storm was hurricaine left-overs rather than tornadoes or straight-line winds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/...severe_weather

http://www.wthitv.com/global/story.asp?s=9007589
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MRS HOPPES
      Where in Indiana are you? I am in Southern Indiana. We got it pretty bad.
      Originally posted by Smurfette_76
      You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
      "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
      Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

NW Vigo County.
        http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ahh Terra Haute area. I have driven throught there more than once before.
          Originally posted by Smurfette_76
          You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
          "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
          Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

My mom who's in Canton (about 2.5 NE of Columbus) said they were having the same 75mph winds. She lost her power last night and was told not to expect to have it back for at least 7 days.

My dad who works in Pittsburgh during the week lost power too an that's another 2.5 hours due east of Canton. Sounds like the whole NE portion of the country was effected...

She said there are a million people in Ohio alone that are without power. WTF!
            'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I am in Western NY - we got 60+ winds and no rain -a tree fell on my garage and one on my new wooden privacy fence.......my house/horse barns/and indoor arena are all ok.

We never lost power- thank God!

Comment

I told you he was a bad boy.
                I am not impressed with his bad behavior.
                Just went for a drive (so I can get food....)
                I saw a row of maybe 6 to 9 downed power lines. some on fences, some on the street and just laying on the grass. SCARY
                all is good for now.
                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

It hit our place in NY (adirondack park) this morning. One huge tree down....almost hit the neighbor's shed.

Glad you're ok 2411
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Hey CBus, hope you have power. We only lost it for about 12 hours. We have south central power and not AEP. I think that makes a huge difference. My sil on the east side by Bexley has been told it will probably be Friday for her power to come back.
                    My children were very disappointed when they a) had the day off yesterday but had to help clean up from the storm damage and b) had to go to school today.
                    My thoughts and prayers are with all those who had damage from this hurricane. I do not know how the coasties that get hurricanes do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman2 View Post
                      Hey CBus, hope you have power. We only lost it for about 12 hours. We have south central power and not AEP. I think that makes a huge difference. My sil on the east side by Bexley has been told it will probably be Friday for her power to come back.
                      My children were very disappointed when they a) had the day off yesterday but had to help clean up from the storm damage and b) had to go to school today.
                      My thoughts and prayers are with all those who had damage from this hurricane. I do not know how the coasties that get hurricanes do it!

Ha, your kids had to go today too? So did I, and like your kids, we were off yesterday. I thought we were like the only district in school too... apparently there were a couple others that were just as unfortunate.

We lost power for 30 hours but got it back around 9 last night... I heard on the radio today that Ohio was actually the worst-affected state by Ike with the obvious exception of Texas. Weird.

Hope your property's ok.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4412 users online. 228 members and 4184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X