300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer vacation

So now that summer is wrapping up and is all but over, what did you all do for vacation? Go any place, stay at home, did not take one.
    As for me, I had my boys with me for a few weeks, mostly we just hung out and did some small stuff, they had a great time as this was the first time that they have spent any real time with there step brother, and ½ sister. The big trip was to Mammoth caves KY with the whole family and several small places on the way. All in all it was a great time and plans are in the works for next year.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I went to Pismo Beach, CA. This is my most favorite place in the world. Had a blast, taught my husband how to ride a quad, *tried* to surf, and ate lots of sea food!
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Passed on summer. Been waiting anxiously for the cooler weather of fall for camping. Since our boy is homeschooled its easier to get away when the crowds are gone and a lot more pleasant.

Today following Ike's departure from N/Texas the morning low was 70 w/ a high of 82 predicted and humidity is dropping. AHHHHHHHH.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
        *tried* to surf, and ate lots of sea food!
        Hopefully not while you were surfing!!

I had my 10 year anniversary this summer. We went to Palm Springs and stayed in a very nice hotel with a very nice spa for her each day, and two very nice golf courses for me, one each day. Just a long weekend, nothing prolonged.

Also stayed in the Ho-Jo outside Disneyland in Anaheim for a few days. The hotel was OK, their water park for the kids made it better. The park wasn't that crowded for the first day we were allowed to use our passes after the summer was "over."

Everything else was family, family, family.

Comment

Lots and lots of paperwriting for my classes.....

Arguing with the contractor for my basement over his shady business ethics.....(which is still ongoing......)

Raising the two 4 week old injured/sickly kittens I found on the side of the road.....(which are now 9 weeks old and acting like little crazies)

Making new friends....

Riding my motorcycle.....

Buying and shooting many, many new guns....

I think thats it....
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

My son's school has a two week break in October, and we take our "summer" vacation then.

We make our annual visit to Disneyland/Universal Studios.
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Went to my cabin in Ontario with my brother and some friends. Only way to get there is by the train or a quad. Lots of fishing, lots of climbing, great time.
              "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I went to the ATL, Coke World and Georgia Sea Aquarium.

Comment

I had a cool, fun relationship on my "summer vacation." Well, since i'm retired now - it was really HIS summer vacation.

It was great... but kinda sad when its over. Still worth it though!

Comment

I am counting down to what will be our summer vacation, except it will be in October. We will take our son to see his grandparents in Thailand, some time at the beach and a few days in the mountains, and a few nights in my favorite city, Bangkok. We have not been for 18 months, and I am ready for a few weeks off.

Comment

went to San Antonio.
                      Saw my brother's band reform in the concert held at the Harley fair grounds. (yep it was Kick ***) and I had a blast.
                      This is his band. Not *well Known* but has been around that they have followers.
                      His band
                      he is the drummer. *ozdrummer*

the album

had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and saw the River walk also. I love San Antonio.
                      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                        My son's school has a two week break in October, and we take our "summer" vacation then.

We make our annual visit to Disneyland/Universal Studios.
                        Is it crowded in Oct??

Comment

I am on 'vacation' Spending time back home (in NJ) with friends and family.
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                          and I'm not sure about the former.
                          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

went to aruba in june for nine days, ocean city MD for 4 days in july and worked tons of OT before, between and ever since

Comment

Myrtle Beach!
                              Last edited by Christyle; 09-14-2008, 10:32 PM.
                              Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4094 users online. 256 members and 3838 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X