300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fool-proof way to quit smoking

Not sure if any of you cops are trying to quit to help your career, but if you are you may want to check this out.

You've probably heard of it...Chantix. When tested it had almost a 50% success rate with smokers who had been smoking an average of 24 years (yeesh).

Anyway, I just started it, and it's an incredibly well organized plan, so I think it's going to work.

Rather than it being a nicotine supplement, it blocks the nicotine receptors in your brain, making you crave cigs less and making them less satisfying.

www.chantix.com
    When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

it also gives you some messed up dreams for the first few weeks from what my buddy was saying
    Alf

Comment

http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/02/cha...atest-numbers/

Comment

I found an almost fool proof way

Major aortic bypass surgery followed by 3 days in intensive care followed by 3 days on the surgery ward pumping Morphine-----------after those 6 days the physical addiction was gone. Of course the act of inhaling was painful for a couple weeks so I really didn't want to smoke for a while

3 yrs 10 mos and still not smoking
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by izhazissuez View Post
          it also gives you some messed up dreams for the first few weeks from what my buddy was saying
          Well, some people do report having very negative dreams, but for the most part, it just makes your dreams incredibly real and vivid.

Comment

So 34 suicides out of 4 million users. I'd blame nicotine withdrawal on that one before blaming the medication.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
              So 34 suicides out of 4 million users. I'd blame nicotine withdrawal on that one before blaming the medication.
              well you can blame the medication on almost killing my mother! she takes thyroid medication and this drug interacted with it and made the thyroid medication stop working and she ended up in the hospital and the doctor told her she was pretty close to dying. more research needs to be done.
              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
                well you can blame the medication on almost killing my mother! she takes thyroid medication and this drug interacted with it and made the thyroid medication stop working and she ended up in the hospital and the doctor told her she was pretty close to dying. more research needs to be done.

Wait...what?!

What thyroid medication?

Was it for hypothyroidism?

I have that and I'm praying that's not the same one you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse27 View Post
                  Wait...what?!

What thyroid medication?

Was it for hypothyroidism?

I have that and I'm praying that's not the same one you're talking about.
                  i am not exactly sure i will call her tomorrow and find out. i know she does not have a thyroid at all anymore, she had chemo years ago and it slowly disappeared over the years. so i believe the drug is an actual thyroid replacement. i will double check and let you know.
                  This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

I have also heard good thigns about it....(The effectiveness rate) But most drug plans wont cover it here (Canada) so it's 500 bucks. (Funny, our employers want us to be healthy, but won't help with smoking cessation products, and if we have to shell out hundreds of dollars, its no wonder people don't quit) Although the money you save on buying cigarettes, makes it pay for itself.....Also, here you pay for it in 2 week supplies, so basically 73 bucks every 2 weeks, which is better than 500 up front.

I asked my doc for the statistics, and she states that only 1/5 (20%) of people are smoke free after one year. That doesn't seem to promising.....but I guess if you are the 1 in 5 people, it will be all worth it!

Also, it is a generally new drug on the market, so that leaves a bit of worry for drug interactions, etc.

Good Luck!!!
                    ~S~

Comment

I never understood the draw (pardon the pun) of smoking.

Youpay a hefty price for a combustible material and place it in your mouth. You then set it on fire and suck on it causing the flame to get closer to your face, all the while knowingly causing damage to your "innerds". I just don't get it.

I can not say I have never smoked. When I was seven my brother (9) and I tried sneaking the butts from daddy's ashtray and smoking them out back. Mom caught us. BIG PROBLEM. Never touched another one for some reason.

As for the meds you mentiond, a Judge friend of mune tried it and after 1 week was ready for the "next big fix-it" to come along. He was deathly ill. They canceled court for three days! Needless to say, he did/does not recommend it.
                      visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                      http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                      (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post

Youpay a hefty price for a combustible material and place it in your mouth. You then set it on fire and suck on it causing the flame to get closer to your face, all the while knowingly causing damage to your "innerds". I just don't get it.

It's the intense head rush/buzz that gets lots of people into it, and all of a sudden 6 months later they realize the buzz is gone but they still need to smoke.

Biggest regret of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post

I can not say I have never smoked. When I was seven my brother (9) and I tried sneaking the butts from daddy's ashtray and smoking them out back. Mom caught us. BIG PROBLEM. Never touched another one for some reason.

As for the meds you mentiond, a Judge friend of mune tried it and after 1 week was ready for the "next big fix-it" to come along. He was deathly ill. They canceled court for three days! Needless to say, he did/does not recommend it.
                          Just for the record,I am sure I speak for most smokers on here,and most of us wish we had not started,for whatever reason,be it to look big, peer pressure,curiosity or whatever.We have a big enough burden trying to quit/get healthy.What we dont need is non smokers(or even worse ex-smokers) coming in here telling us this or that about our habbits/addiction.I dont say anything about how I dont bite my nails so I dont see how ANYONE can stand to bite their nails,so therefore with all do respect,please keep your "I dont understand" comments to yourself because,quite frankly --You dont understand!
                          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
                            Just for the record,I am sure I speak for most smokers on here,and most of us wish we had not started,for whatever reason,be it to look big, peer pressure,curiosity or whatever.We have a big enough burden trying to quit/get healthy.What we dont need is non smokers(or even worse ex-smokers) coming in here telling us this or that about our habbits/addiction.I dont say anything about how I dont bite my nails so I dont see how ANYONE can stand to bite their nails,so therefore with all do respect,please keep your "I dont understand" comments to yourself because,quite frankly --You dont understand!
                            Let me begin by saying we ALL have our addictions. You have no idea what I deal with and I have no idea what you deal with. That said, let me explain a little something to you. I said I do not understand why people smoke, and I DO NOT. However, there are TWO things about smoking I DO understand. First off, I understand it is an addiction. As I said, WE ALL HAVE ADDICTIONS. I put no one down because they smoke. I do not look down on smokers.

The SECOND thing I know about smoking is that it has consequences. I know this first hand since cigarettes cost me my father when I was 16 years old. So don't lecture me on what I know and don't know. I damn well know what I am talking about!

I apologize if you were somehow offended by my statement on smoking, however I stand 100% behind what I said in this post.
                            visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                            http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                            (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Wow this thread is getting intense.........mmmmm......*lights up* *inhales* <sigh> ok yea, im good...please....continue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5884 users online. 336 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X