Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Ike

Here are some recent updates.
    I will post here until I can no longer use my computer. As soon as I can I will let you guys know what is happening.
    the three links I use the must are :

chron.com newspaper

abc13.com news

khou.com news (the one I watch the most)

ke, sure to be a deadly storm, nears Texas

10 a.m. UPDATE: Not much has changed this morning as Hurricane Ike moves toward the west-northwest, with a landfall expected on Galveston Island. Maximum winds remain at 105 mph, and the storm's central pressure is not falling. Therefore Ike is forecast to come ashore as an extremely large category 2 hurricane.

If you live east of San Luis Pass and less than 20 feet above sea level, God help you at this point if you have not evacuated.

Houston now has a 50 percent chance of experiencing hurricane-force winds, and Galveston a 77 percent chance. But unfortunately it won't be the winds that matter so much along Galveston Island, but the water.

I'll have a full update around 1 p.m. And don't forget our chat at 2 p.m.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archiv...ure_to_be.html
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Hate to say this, but thank goodness it's not us. Good luck........

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5996830.html

Category 3 storm could drain windstorm insurer
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

we are long over due.
        I know that. people here have forgotten. But I'm glad its not the Katrina people all over again. That would suck!
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

I've been watching the storm closely as my aunt and cousins are in the Houston area. I got an email from one of my cousins yesterday and they are under mandatory evacuation, so they are packing up what they can and hoping for the best. Hope everything turns out okay for everyone down there.
          Life is like a bullet shot out of a gun, it goes quick and you can't take it back....so make sure your aim is good.

Comment

Good luck to you Texaschickee. I hope everything works out for you and you don't get beat up too badly by IKE.
            My thoughts and prayers are with you.
            Originally posted by Smurfette_76
            You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
            "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
            Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Ike from Space.

Last edited by Hoosier_Boy; 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

good luck to all throughout this
                sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

We (here in North Texas are gearing up for evacuees and bracing for weather that is sure to bring flooding rains to us at the same time. Before leaving today I had to make sure all of our transport vehicles were ready to go in case we had to move our 300+ inmates to safer ground.

Should not come to that, but we have to be ready. I am actually scheduled to be off this weekend and at my inlaws home 50 miles away, but they could call me in in an emergency.

I hope it weakens in a hurry.

Good luck to all in South Texas in harms way.
                  visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                  http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                  (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

thanks guys. Love the ply wood with the message to leave.
                    Guys there is a yacht / boat shop on fire (3 alarms) and they cant touch it. too much water around it.

Its going to be fine. (positive thinking goes a long long way)
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

texaschickeee: I am praying for all in IKE's path especially the first responders. May you all make it through safe.
                      Its not the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop, its the PERSON behind the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop.

Officer August "Augie" Tefts, Westfield MA PD EOW 12/23/05
                      He was a great officer and is sadly missed

sigpic

Detective Paul McNulty, Springfield MA PD retired passed away 10/8/07

Comment

Galveston is going to take a severe beating. Supposed to be the worst since the 1900 tragedy.

That damn storm is near the size of Texas itself. It's supposed to be veering North once it hits land so we here in Dallas should be feeling some of it's effects as well.
                        When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

I honestly don't think Galveston is gonna make it.
                          I think that if its not destroyed to the point like NO was it may just go off into the water with all the erosion there is. sad, but thats my thoughts.

Where in TX are ya?
                          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hope you guys don't get hit too bad, chickeee. Looks pretty monsterous tho.

I'm out of state so had someone go by my house and put all my plants in, so they're still there when I get back. I miss out on the evacuees and the weather.

Good thoughts being thought for all in the path of Ike....
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                            and I'm not sure about the former.
                            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center in Miami say the storm could become a Category 3 hurricane with winds of at least 111 mph before it hits the coast late Friday or early Saturday.

The storm is about 100 miles southeast of Galveston, and is moving to the northwest at 13 mph.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...ane&id=6375108
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2981 users online. 152 members and 2829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X