Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "Thank You" to Marine Parents........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Thank You" to Marine Parents........

Everyday on my way to work I pass by this house with a sign on the front lawn.

One day I drove past this same home but the sign was not on their front lawn. I immediately thought were their kids home or were they KIA. My heart went out to them. The following day, the sign was back. I was relieved but saddened at the same time. Party due to wishing their kids would return home soon and good to hear that they were not KIA.

To show my support I decided to write them a letter. Thanking them (their kids) and wishing their kids a safe return home.

I signed it "Sincerely,
    A Proud Supporter,Friend and a A Die Hard A's Fan".

Just in case they see me drive by.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

It's cool that you did that BBB. As a parent with two kids serving (One Marine and one Soldier) I can tell you that they DO appreciate it.

Comment

Thanks... I am sure they did but I wanted to let them know that my heart leaps everytime I pass their house and that my prayers are with them.

And yours too.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

That would be very nice of you, and I bet it would bring a tear to the eye of the parents. I know my mom got all kinds of stuff like that when I was in Somalia, and she still starts boobin' like a schoolgirl when it is brought up. I guess it's a mother thing. I really never told her 100% of the truth about my time there. I am not sure she could handle it, and I didn't want her to worry.

The next time you see them out and about tell them "Semper Fi." They will appreciate it.
        Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

I've never seen them outside while I was driving by if I do. I will definitely stop by to let them know my thoughts are with them. I put my card and note i their mailbox yesterday on my break.

I wouldn't want to know about your experience there either if I was a mom or a loved one. Just as long as you came home was all that mattered.

BBB

Comment

What a great sign! My mom put out a support our troops sign in here front yard:
            http://www.kybluestarmomschapter2.or...can-medium.jpg
            She had it up for almost a year and then received a notice out of the blue from here HOA stating she had to remove the sign or face a penalty of 10-15 dollars per day. If I had the cash, I'd cut them a check for the year.

Good for them for showing their support!

Comment

Now I gotta show you mine, not that it bothers me any.

PFC Tammy Hineline in Oct. to be Lance Corporal Tammy Hineline

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                Now I gotta show you mine, not that it bothers me any.

PFC Tammy Hineline in Oct. to be Lance Corporal Tammy Hineline
                you must be a very proud daddy!
                This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3130 users online. 188 members and 2942 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X