Alrighty then.

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrighty then.

Its time for me to to scream.
    First up- Told my boss today I would take a sick day tomorrow for the fact I am not sitting in that traffic only to get stuck in traffic with the rain on the way home. No problem. got it. (I'm guessing most people are getting time off tomorrow)

Get almost home and think..I may want some water and need milk. So I run to Sam's club- I know Sam's NEVER runs out of things. I walk in and there are palates 3/4ths of the way up to the ceiling. I got water. Got a gallon of milk and while walking past the meat section They pulled out these wonderful roasted chickens.
    Now I have some cooked chicken at home. I have some wings too. (yes people I know its the same thing. I have two forms of cooked chicken at home,)so I buy another, you can never have too much chicken, I guess.

Get home. Get things upstairs and go to feed the cats.
    out of food. out of treats. I am so screwed at this point.
    Go to Petsmart and get some of both. As I am leaving, I have to roll around all the cop cars that are now at the end of my street. (I live on a cal-de-sac.) Some lady got pizzed at someone and rammed her car into many things, before getting herself arrested. (yeah her)
    Front passenger side WHEEL is gone. Back glass, spider webbed and a back window also. windshield was just........half gone half webbed. NICE

So now I am home for three L O N G days. I expect the rain to start about 3 pm or so tomorrow,friday. I think the hardest part of this storm is going to be walking the dog on saturday morning.
    I think its nothing more then a bunch of media hype for most of Houston.
    It took me 1.5 hours to get down one major freeway and it typically takes me 40 minutes total to drive my 27 miles.

I am now going to take a nice ling hot bath. I have an extra large drink- no not milk- and I am going to bed. NO ALARM
    in the morning I am making pancakes and sausage. I will cook the broccoli that needs to be cooked (steamed) and I have enough food that I am good.

I better not get wet. thats all I have to say.
    (and My Mom wont come up here. She thinks being on the 1st floor instead of the safer)
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Isnt it a great feeling once youre home tho? I love storms. Obviously hurricanes are a bit more worrysome!! I LOVE snowstorms though!!

Eat, drink, and be merry. Stay safe and dry. have fun!

I love the stormy weather, My dog however doesn't.
      Just heard the weather channels person say that "remember that this is the first major hurricane since 1983" which is true. I have said we are long over due.

Now sleep!
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

If you want chicken, you can come to Indiana. There's plenty here and it's always fresh.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

TC, hope all fairs well for you!

WE are long over dure for one here on the southern SC coastline, Hilton Head. The last true direct hit of a Hurricane was late 1800s. The last one that actually affected us was David I think in 1979. The others just brush by, and don't really do much more than rain.

Good luck, and enjoy your time off!
          Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Sorry you are having to deal with the hurricane texaschickeee, but florida and louisianna need a break!

What's Going On

There are currently 8069 users online. 353 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad