300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Texaschickeee

NOT TO MAKE LIGHT OF YOUR STORM,Please be safe and take cover,but if you are able to read this ,relax a little.

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

Number Ten:
    Decorating the house (with plywood).

Number Nine:
    Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

Number Eight:
    Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

Number Seven:
    Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'.

Number Six:
    Family coming to stay with you.

Number Five:
    Family and friends from out of state calling you.

Number Four:
    Buying food you don't normally buy . . . and in large quantities.

Number Three:
    Days off from work.

Number Two:
    Candles.

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:
    At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

David Letterman, right?
    www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

mavriktu...
      I love you.
      its so true, and no its not making light of it.
      I really really really am not trying to get over hyped. nervous yep....almost scared at points. I really wish mom would get up here but she is being stubborn. (I take after her in some ways)
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

LOL those were funny and I can laugh at it since I own property and have friends and family in New Orleans.
        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Be safe chickeee!!!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

May the wind always be at your back - so long as it doesn't hurl you into the side of a building.

Seriously pal, I'm thinking of you and yours and sent out a prayer for you - hope you felt it.
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
              May the wind always be at your back - so long as it doesn't hurl you into the side of a building.

I'll take earthquakes over himmacanes anyday!
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Best of luck kiddo. That is a GIGANTIC hurricane, it takes up almost the entire Gulf of Mexico. Wow.

Batten down the hatches and set condition Zebra throughout the house. We will all be thinking of you.
                Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR man View Post
                  David Letterman, right?
                  Bubba,the local wether guy!

Actually,I dunno,got it in an e-mail
                  Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

In case you haven't guessed what be coming for ya, I thought this guy could fill you in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdn6VnbDCQo

Hopefully the winds will die down before they reach you, and then all you really have to worry about is the rain. Tons of rain...like, a lot, a lot, A LOT of rain. If I ever meet someone named Fay, I'm gonna smack her.
                    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

yikes never thought about being thrown into a building....
                      but thanks guys.
                      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ohhhh Now i'm afraid for you.. If I see a beauty queen with a very long knife flying above Phoenix I'll Lasso ya down !!!! Duff man to the rescue !!!
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
                          Bubba,the local wether guy!

Actually,I dunno,got it in an e-mail

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                            mavriktu...
                            I really wish mom would get up here but she is being stubborn

Believe me, Mav and I understand that.....We had both my parents during Katrina...and sadly just my Dad in Gustav...refusing to evac even when he lost power.....

Hang tough.....and stay safe!

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Im up in the DFW area... they have activated alot of us to go to the coast... it should be intersting
                              Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4671 users online. 260 members and 4411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X