300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink and Be Merry

Be careful of your liver, if you take meds and drink alcohol (now and then ).

I've been advised by my doc that i have "impaired liver functions." More tests are to be performed on my blood.

So for tonite, i'm going to drink and be merry, just in case my liver has to be donated to science.

I am sure all of you who drink get your blood tested regularly.

I drank heavily from about the years 16-28.

Stopped almost completely for about 10 years.

Then picked up 'moderately' (I guess) from then til now. I'm not a heavy drinker, i drink about once a week... maybe 4-5 drinks.

I take other medications tho, so it might come down to them, or the liquor. Hmmm... these hard choices!!

I get a liver function test every year. Hazmat Physical.
    Other than that have fun
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

My neice just put a comment similar to that on my MySpace! Gotta love my family LOL...

(I'll see if i can saturate it allll the way thru tonite!!)

Comment

Five years ago, after a routine physical, my liver function test came back abnormal. A subsequent ultrasound revealed that I had fatty infiltration in the liver. I was well on my way to developing nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).

Five years later, I've dropped 60 pounds, my blood pressure has come down 20 points, and my liver function test came back normal.

Comment

That is great news!!

Maybe once i flush mine out tonite... all will be well!!!

Comment

Life w/o the juice? *gets the shakes...*

Comment

CHEERS to Jellybean

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Here Here!

Comment

Cheers to JellyBean400! I hope everything comes back alright!
                  Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                  You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                  "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                  Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

What drugs do you take? Some commonly used NSAIDs, in particular acetaminophen, can deplete ethanol dehydrogenase, so if taken with alcohol can cause liver damage. Statins can cause the liver to "report" problems that are due to their blocking not only cholesterol, but coenzyme Q10. Usually that's associated with dosages of 20 mg. or more. You can take a supplement for that. I hope your hepatic tests reveal no serious unmanageable threats to your health. God bless.

Comment

thanks all!

I didnt get nearly drunk enough last nite... might have to try harder again soon!

one of the pills i take is a pain killer with acetaminophen in it, but i dont take it everyday. it's prescription... all my meds are prescription: Beta blocker, anti-convulsant, and a SSNRI.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                        Life w/o the juice? *gets the shakes...*
                        +1
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Liver? Who cares, you don't need that thing anyway....oh, wait, that's the appendix. Too late!

When I spend mornings feeling like death is a better option than a hangover, maybe I should think about how unhealthy my behavior is. Nah, who am I kidding?

Comment

Meh, Your liver will grow back.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                              That is great news!!

Maybe once i flush mine out tonite... all will be well!!!
                              See, now that it's back to normal, I'm back on even par with my friends to see who can kill theirs first. :P

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6510 users online. 364 members and 6146 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X