Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired96
    replied
    I'm convinced that if our troops had free access to Pakistan,we could find OBL.

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
    I firmly believe even if Bush wasn't in office at the time, anyone would have responded with force. They would have no other choice, period. To suggest that our country only responded with force because that clown happened to be the president at the time, suggests no one else would have, and frankly I find that insulting.
    That "clown" and his policies have kept you attack free and living in safety for every second since. That "clown" is your president and I have a sneakin' hunch if it so damned easy to find that snake in all of those caves, our military and initel people would have. But yet, you pull the typical, slimy, lib talking point KoolAid and sarcastically balme him personally. Pretty cheap shot at the Commander in Chief on this of all days - you should be ashamed - not mad.

Me personally, I do care about Bin Laden and his whereabouts.
    WHy? What possible difference does it make in your day to day?
    I don't think it is fair that one of the Al-Qaeda masterminds involved in 9/11 has eluded us. I'm sure a lot of family members who lost someone on 9/11 would like to see him captured too, and might find it a bit of a blow to them to hear their president say he doesn't really care about finding him.
    Keep it in context. The liberal press was unfairly asking why HE hadn't found him yet. As though HE was PERSONALLY supposed to be out there in fatigues searching and as though he didn't have hundreds of troops out there trying to do just that. As though, we didn't have SEALS and other special units out there looking. The press knew better and YOU know better - he was and is still directing the search but CANNOT TALK ABOUT IT, so the press (and you) take cheap shots - opportunist shots. Pretty lousy.

I find it infuriating that this idiot who rides around on a camel and lives in a cave has eluded our intelligence and remained out of our grasp.
    If it's so easy, you go out and find him. Tell us all how to do it! I'm sure the active military special forces guy would dig the help.

Personally, I can't stand when you see something on TV about 9/11, and they show Bin Laden's face, it makes me seethe that he is still out there somewhere. But that's just me.
    No - that's all of us - Including your president - believe me. But the cheap shots are for the press, man. Not you. You're better than that.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    I will wake up and thank God that I live in America.
    + 1

Leave a comment:

• Mays
    replied

Shame on those of you who brought politics into this thread. This is a day of remembrance for those lost on Sept 11th.

I can tell you this, from a service member's standpoint. We stand ready, on guard ready to defend this great country.

At work I couldn't help but notice how many people I had a conversation with that had forgotten that today was Sept 11th. I know 7 years have passed but lest we forget the sacrifices and great heroism shown that day. One day a year we have the opportunity to reflect and remember those lost. We should never forget that day or what happened. The pain in my heart is still as fresh as the day it happened.

Leave a comment:

• vacop4274
    replied
    I would like to say THANK YOU to all of our service men and women. I would also like to thank ALL of our NY brothers and sisters in law enforcment and FDNY!!!!! Your sacrifices have not been and will not be forgotten. I remember when it happened, I remember being very confused by what was happening, then being angered after the realization came to me that this was all a deliberate action.

I hope that, no matter what political party we belong to, we stand united to fight those that wish us harm. God bless you all and god bless America!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lawdog30
    replied
    To all of my Brothers and Sisters who are and have served God Speed and to all of my fallen brothers and Sisters may God Be with your families. I still remember 9/11 like it was yesterday I remember where I stood and what I was doing when I heard the news. I also remember where I was when Oklahoma City was attacked.

Leave a comment:

• Russrad25
    replied
    I will wore my all black suit with 1* tietack, and a flag lapel pin to work. When I get home I'm going to talk with the family of one of my best friends that's currently in Iraq. I am always grateful for those that serve, and mourn those that perished.

Leave a comment:

• AgentMan
    replied
    This video speaks it all for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-x9kMPauc

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
    I am think about the whole thing, but I got Ike coming at me too.

Ike might take a step up this date but not the next one.
    Yeah, I saw the predicted track, good luck to you and all of your fellow Texans.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    I am think about the whole thing, but I got Ike coming at me too.

Ike might take a step up this date but not the next one.

Leave a comment:

• Sully49
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    Nice buzz kill. Way to contribute to the day, Sully49.

I really don't care either. He hides in a cave and fears us. That's Dubya's doin. Certainly not yours or mine.

Jeez.....
    Sorry, you brought politics up first and I just couldn't let the comment slide. I probably should have. But it really angered me, so I felt I had to say something. This was a terrible, catastrophic, blatant attack on U.S. civilians. I firmly believe even if Bush wasn't in office at the time, anyone would have responded with force. They would have no other choice, period. To suggest that our country only responded with force because that clown happened to be the president at the time, suggests no one else would have, and frankly I find that insulting.

Me personally, I do care about Bin Laden and his whereabouts. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like him captured. Maybe that's because I work in downtown Boston everyday and I don't just think about 9/11 ON 9/11. I ride the subway a lot, take public transportation, drive through the tunnels underneath the city, there are thousands of ways the city, the point of origin for two of those planes, is vulnerable. Sometimes when I'm on the T I think..I wonder what else the terrorists thought of while they were in Boston. I wonder if they thought of other potential future attacks. I don't think it is fair that one of the Al-Qaeda masterminds involved in 9/11 has eluded us. I'm sure a lot of family members who lost someone on 9/11 would like to see him captured too, and might find it a bit of a blow to them to hear their president say he doesn't really care about finding him. I find it infuriating that this idiot who rides around on a camel and lives in a cave has eluded our intelligence and remained out of our grasp. Personally, I can't stand when you see something on TV about 9/11, and they show Bin Laden's face, it makes me seethe that he is still out there somewhere. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Sully49; 09-11-2008, 03:17 PM. Reason: .

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

I wonder if he'll say this today in any of his speeches.
    Nice buzz kill. Way to contribute to the day, Sully49.

I really don't care either. He hides in a cave and fears us. That's Dubya's doin. Certainly not yours or mine.

Jeez.....

Leave a comment:

• Sully49
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    I will thank Him for giving us a kick *** and take no names leader like Dubya as Commander in Chief when this occurred and more, for NOT having allowed Gore anywhere near the white house.
    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

I wonder if he'll say this today in any of his speeches.

Leave a comment:

• Sully49
    replied
    I think I will take the T over to Logan and visit the new memorial that was just unveiled.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    God bless those who we lost in 911.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6716 users online. 382 members and 6334 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X