300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11,2008

I want to know what YOU are doing tomorrow for September 11.

My husband is in the Army so we have to have our vehicle searched (because everyone knows terrorist attack on the same day they already have) and then a memorial on post, and then to class!

How about you?

Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??

Work, class, sleep

Unfortunately, thursdays are my busiest days, so I won't really get a chance to even stop an reflect till I get home from class at about 10pm

Comment

School and just thinking. I wish there is something going on, but I haven't heard of anything.

Comment

Working all night tonight. Tomorrow going to the doctor at 0730, flying our Flag, getting some sleep before going back to work.

Edited to add: I went home, first, to change my clothes before going to the doctor. I put up our flag at half-staff, and left. As I drove past the model homes of our developement, I noticed that the large US Flag they have up on a pole was at full-staff. I noticed there was no lock on the halyard. I made a U-turn, stopped and placed it at half-staff.

Unfotunately, I have to agree with a couple of the more rabid right-wing talk show guys, however...I'm getting sick of people talking like this was some sort of natural disaster (the collapse of the towers). Helllllllooooo, rag-headed goat-boners came over here, killed people, hijacked jets, and crashed them into the towers. That's about as un-natural as it gets.

Never forgive, never forget - keep your mags topped off, your knife edges honed, and your wits about you. We need to be lucky constantly. They need to be lucky only once - to demoralize us all over again.
        Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I'll be in bed watching TV, after the doctor's appt. I think I have pneumonia.
          When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

I'll wear a Major League Infidel shirt, even though I'm not one.. it's more for the fact it says Infidel.

Comment

I'll be calling my son, the Marine, my daughter, the Soldier, and all my brothers, former Marines. I'll be calling a lot of friends I have who are still working the street to thank them for what they do. I'll be cooking out with my family to celebrate the freedoms we still enjoy thanks to the sacrifices of great Americans.

Comment

Being patriotic, Being a proud American!!!!
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

At lease everyone is still patriotic.

Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??

Comment

Tomorrow I'll work from 0600 to 1430. When I get home I'll have a few moments to myself and pray.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                      Being patriotic, Being a proud American!!!!
                      I will be doing the same, GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I'll be on the Color Guard at my school unfortunately, my school doesn't have a Color Guard, I'll be representing the ARMY, if anyone else wants to join me please do.

Comment

I'll be turning OFF the TVs and radios, and staying off the internet. I'll be avoiding the media coverage as much as possible. Hell, I'll even turn off my phone. I'll be going to work, wearing a shirt and tie, and a mourning band on my badge.

I'll be saying a prayer for the 343 firefighters and paramedics who died in the line of duty that day, the 23 NYPD officers, and the 37 PAPD officers. And I'll say another prayer, as I have every day for the last seven years, for the friends, coworkers, and family members that died that day.

Then I'll come home, try to get some sleep, and start counting down the next 364 days.
                          Last edited by hxd; 09-10-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I will wake up and thank God that I live in America.
                            Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                              I will wake up and thank God that I live in America.
                              +1,000,000.

I'll go to school, go to my recruiter's office (not because of 9/11), go to work, call this chica, workout, play football, go to the hospital, do homework. Ah... I love my weekly routine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4355 users online. 251 members and 4104 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X