300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Halloween costumes

Halloween could be interesting along the Last Frontier. Here are some costumes that I can imagine trick-or-treaters wearing:

A pig in lipstick
    A trooper with a taser in one hand and a can of beer in the other
    A trooper with a moose bagged out of season
    Sarah Palin, complete with a skirt, high heels, and glasses
    "First Dude" in his snow machine
    A pregnant teenager (hey, Halloween costumes are sometimes cruel)

Any others?

igloo
    eskimo
    giant king crab
    oil well? LOL

atleast it's creative!!
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      Don't do it unless you have the figure.

VPILF!!!

Comment

A bear
        A star
        A Dog

Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??

Comment

Halloween could be interesting along the Last Frontier. Here are some costumes that I can imagine trick-or-treaters wearing:

A pig in lipstick
          A trooper with a taser in one hand and a can of beer in the other
          A trooper with a moose bagged out of season
          "First Dude" in his snow machine
          A pregnant teenager (hey, Halloween costumes are sometimes cruel)

Any others?
          lol...trust me, having lived in Alaska most my life, that ain't nothin' compared to what will actually be out there in the way of costumes....

And, just for those who might be confused, the "First Dude", aka Todd Palin, has won the Iron Dog Snow Machine race several times. For those not familiar with a snow machine, it is also known as a "snowmobile" in other parts of the country. Alaskans like to be different, so we call them snow machines....?....anyway, you ride on one, not in one. And 1000 miles at -30 going 90 mph is pretty tough, so it's not a cake walk.
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever
          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

And 1000 miles at -30 going 90 mph is pretty tough, so it's not a cake walk.
            But you do that on the highway on like a daily basis don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
              For those not familiar with a snow machine, it is also known as a "snowmobile" in other parts of the country. Alaskans like to be different, so we call them snow machines....?
              Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking a snow machine was a machine that makes snow, since that's about the only way we get snow down here.
              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by nuthead View Post
                Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking a snow machine was a machine that makes snow, since that's about the only way we get snow down here.
                Yup...it's pretty common for folks to be totally confused about how to race snowmachines because they are thinking the same thing
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

But you do that on the highway on like a daily basis don't you?
                  Nope, usually I'm behind my sled dog team, which is much slower then a snowmachine
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Nope, usually I'm behind my sled dog team, which is much slower then a snowmachine
                    Do you even have a car?

Comment

lol...trust me, having lived in Alaska most my life, that ain't nothin' compared to what will actually be out there in the way of costumes....

And, just for those who might be confused, the "First Dude", aka Todd Palin, has won the Iron Dog Snow Machine race several times. For those not familiar with a snow machine, it is also known as a "snowmobile" in other parts of the country. Alaskans like to be different, so we call them snow machines....?....anyway, you ride on one, not in one. And 1000 miles at -30 going 90 mph is pretty tough, so it's not a cake walk.
                      We call'em snow machines here too about half the time...and everyone in Canada will only refer to one as a snow machine, they get ****ed if you call it a snowmobile. lol.
                      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Do you even have a car?
                        All kidding aside, yes. Two of them. Don't even own a snowmachine or a dog, personally. Also have high-def cable (or satellite)tv, 5 MB internet connection...it's like anywhere else, just colder in the winter if you're in certain parts of Alaska.
                        "All that is, ever
                        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

All kidding aside, yes. Two of them. Don't even own a snowmachine or a dog, personally. Also have high-def cable (or satellite)tv, 5 MB internet connection...it's like anywhere else, just colder in the winter if you're in certain parts of Alaska.
                          I figured there are parts in Alaska like that, all I really ever hear about is, it's cold and snows a lot.

Comment

Do you even have a car?
                            My patrol vehicles are two Ford Expeditions, two 4-wheelers, two snowmachines (er...snowmobiles), and my two feet (used regularly during whiteout blizzards).

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                              My patrol vehicles are two Ford Expeditions, two 4-wheelers, two snowmachines (er...snowmobiles), and my two feet (used regularly during whiteout blizzards).
                              Do you guys use patrol cars in Alaska?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6024 users online. 331 members and 5693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X