300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the UK? Help a bloke out?

I'm looking for a specific style of sunglasses. From all of my research, it looks like they're only available in the UK market.

I'm looking for someone across the pond who might be willing to help me look into it.

Please drop me a PM. Thanks!

I try to avoid using sunglasses most of the time; I don't want to get too dependent on them. On the other hand, if I have to keep my eyes wide open all day in the blazing sun, well thank you whoever invented sunglasses. I look for sunglasses that provide 100% UVA and UVB protection, are adequately scratch-resistant, are not shatter-hazardous, and are optically non-distortive. I especially like the ones that use the coatings NASA uses on space helmets, like Revo (kind of expensive). I also like Ray-Ban, especially their Roadmaster model. It's gradient tinted, and wraps a little to the peripheral. I use el cheapo made in China too. Keeps me from gettin' upset when I lose 'em.

Comment

Monty,
      I would prefer not to use sunglasses as well. However, I recently spent $4500 and had LASIK performed. At this point, I regard sunglasses as protecting my investment.

My sunglasses for regular wear are Ray-Ban Predators. I just purchased a pair of Oakley Whiskers for when I'm engaged in physical activity and absolutely fell in love with them. I want to purchase another pair, but the frame color/lens color combination I want is apparently only available in the UK.

Comment

Oakley's are great. I agree that sunglasses during your post-LASIK convalescence are a must. I hope all goes well with that.

Comment

www.usstandardissue.com
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Monty,
            It's been three months now, and I'm still as excited about my vision as I was at day one. I'm 20/15 in one eye and just a little better than 20/20 in the other, with a combined snellen of 20/15. My visual acuity is MUCH better as well.

stormz,
            I have an account there. They don't have the specific style that I'm looking for. Thanks though!

Comment

That's good news, hxd. Hope you find your favorite shades.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5114 users online. 252 members and 4862 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X