300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Road Raging Army Soldier....

that rode my bumper in 70 mph traffic yesterday (Sunday 9-7-08) on I-26 between Columbia and Spartanburg, SC, while I was in the passing lane, passing grandma and grandpa, thank you! You were so close to our van that I literally couldn't see your front bumper, headlights, or 75% of your hood! Then, you have the balls to pass me after I get over into the slow lane and then brakehard to about 60 mph after getting in front of me. You then let me pass you while you're playing your games and while along side of you, you start calling ME a *****-cat? WTF? Then, you decide to make the shape of a gun with your fingers and mouth the words "BLAST YOUR @$$" and pretend you're shooting me and my family. Then you motion for me to pull over at the nearest exit.

You did all that while in FULL ARMY UNIFORM. I want you to know that you can truely go to hell. You really brought credit and honor upon yourself, your unit, and the Army that you serve.

This idiot scared the hell out of my family and I didn't do a damn thing to him. Apparently my passing in the hammer lane wasn't fast enough for him. Look for this one for me PLEASE SCHP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by towncop; 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Originally posted by jb5722
    did you call it in? i almost gurantee you that if you called 911 and advised them that you were an off duty officer and had a subject attempting to strike your vehicle and making gestures suggesting the driver was going to shoot at you and your family, there would have been a convoy of SC troopers headed to you at a high rate of speed.
    Well maye not in "convoy", but for sure, you'ld have a couple troops and/or deputies headed your way here. Thing is though, the few times something like that has taken place here and the victim did call it in, if from "out of state", the same victim very rarely, almost never wanted to come back for court .... but it's happened a time or two.

You either have to decide to either fish or cut bait.

Glad no harm came to you and yours.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

On behalf of the US Army, I apologize.

Glad you and your family is safe.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I wouldn't worry even if he had a gun....from what I've seen most Army soldiers can't hit anything anyway.

Former USMC
        Semper Motto

Comment

You didn't get his tag and call it in??????????????????
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by NOVAPD View Post
              I wouldn't worry even if he had a gun....from what I've seen most Army soldiers can't hit anything anyway.

Former USMC
              Semper Motto
              Hey, now!!! This here crusty ol' Sergeant First Class can shoot.

Dang Jarheads

Seriously, that's just wrong. I don't act like an idiot out of uniform & you can betcher 4th point of contact that I don't act a fool in uniform. In fact, I'll tighten up any Joe I see doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                that rode my bumper in 70 mph traffic yesterday (Sunday 9-7-08) on I-26 between Columbia and Spartanburg, SC, while I was in the passing lane, passing grandma and grandpa, thank you! You were so close to our van that I literally couldn't see your front bumper, headlights, or 75% of your hood! Then, you have the balls to pass me after I get over into the slow lane and then brakehard to about 60 mph after getting in front of me. You then let me pass you while you're playing your games and while along side of you, you start calling ME a *****-cat? WTF? Then, you decide to make the shape of a gun with your fingers and mouth the words "BLAST YOUR @$$" and pretend you're shooting me and my family. Then you motion for me to pull over at the nearest exit.

You did all that while in FULL ARMY UNIFORM. I want you to know that you can truely go to hell. You really brought credit and honor upon yourself, your unit, and the Army that you serve.

This idiot scared the hell out of my family and I didn't do a damn thing to him. Apparently my passing in the hammer lane wasn't fast enough for him. Look for this one for me PLEASE SCHP!!!!!!!!!!!
                I sure am glad you don't have my attitude towards road rage. Sorry that happened Towncop.

I probably would've stopped, showed him the creds, and then made sure my friends at the SCHP were on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
                  Originally posted by towncop
                  that rode my bumper in ... etc ... etc ...

You then let me pass you while you're playing your games and while along side of you, you start calling ME a *****-cat? WTF? Then, you decide to make the shape of a gun with your fingers and mouth the words "BLAST YOUR @$$" and pretend you're shooting me and my family. Then you motion for me to pull over at the nearest exit. ... etc ... etc ...
                  I sure am glad you don't have my attitude towards road rage. Sorry that happened Towncop.

I probably would've stopped, showed him the creds, and then made sure my friends at the SCHP were on the way.
                  Not such a wise choice. He was far from home with family in POV, his creds would mean nothing, he was dealing with a total stranger whom he knew absolutely nothing about. Many a motorist has taken such bait, some such encounters went totally bad.

No, far better to note tag and description, call in localy, and drop off next exit, pause, then re-enter traffic and .... maybe shadow until "on duties" make contact, and then stop a short distance ahead of the bad mannered driver and "on duties" and await an officer.

You might stay in contact with the local PD/Sheriff's dept, State Patrol / Police disp. and follow their direction. If you are unwilling to return from home state for any subsequent trials, be prepared to so state when asked. If actions witnessed are felonies, you may be subpeoned anyway.

If nothing else, consider your family and the fact that you have at this point, found yourself to be a person of interest to some total stranger with unknown motivations and unknown mental makeup. Do not just pull over. Let the bad tempered & ill mannered nit wit get ahead some, then drop off at next exit, pause or take a break.

Don't forget him either, he might be the one fruit cake lying in wait 7 miles later, or you may encounter him at a highway rest stop or Dairy Queen / Exxon 136 miles later.

It don't happen often (in fact only once have I ever had some stranger make a gun with the hand and make such gestures in so many road trips varying from day trips to several weeks in length, and all those trips to nearby cities for shopping, over last near 40 years of driving ... I drive a lot off duty, on bikes and in cars). When they do so, they too are taking a big step. They too are taking a big chance. It says something of their thinking process, their judgement, their inhibitions.

Hell for all we know that uniform may have belonged to the now naked corpse in the trunk.

Just some thoughts.
                  Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 09-10-2008, 04:34 PM.
                  "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I figured there'd be some US Army and USMC knocking in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                      Let's just say that I was unimpressed with the 911 operator.
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr View Post
                        Not such a wise choice. He was far from home with family in POV, his creds would mean nothing, he was dealing with a total stranger whom he knew absolutely nothing about. Many a motorist has taken such bait, some such encounters went totally bad.

No, far better to note tag and description, call in localy, and drop off next exit, pause, then re-enter traffic and .... maybe shadow until "on duties" make contact, and then stop a short distance ahead of the bad mannered driver and "on duties" and await an officer.

You might stay in contact with the local PD/Sheriff's dept, State Patrol / Police disp. and follow their direction. If you are unwilling to return from home state for any subsequent trials, be prepared to so state when asked. If actions witnessed are felonies, you may be subpeoned anyway.

If nothing else, consider your family and the fact that you have at this point, found yourself to be a person of interest to some total stranger with unknown motivations and unknown mental makeup. Do not just pull over. Let the bad tempered & ill mannered nit wit get ahead some, then drop off at next exit, pause or take a break.

Don't forget him either, he might be the one fruit cake lying in wait 7 miles later, or you may encounter him at a highway rest stop or Dairy Queen / Exxon 136 miles later.

It don't happen often (in fact only once have I ever had some stranger make a gun with the hand and make such gestures in so many road trips varying from day trips to several weeks in length, and all those trips to nearby cities for shopping, over last near 40 years of driving ... I drive a lot off duty, on bikes and in cars). When they do so, they too are taking a big step. They too are taking a big chance. It says something of their thinking process, their judgement, their inhibitions.

Hell for all we know that uniform may have belonged to the now naked corpse in the trunk.

Just some thoughts.
                        Which is EXACTLY why my post said... I'm GLAD he didn't act like I would have.

I'm not telling you I'm smart... I'll admit, usually when it comes to someone telling me they are going to kick my @ss...

My hillbilly hog wrestling side comes out... It's hereditary.

Comment

As a former soldier I can say that I did many a bone headed thing, and looking back they might not have been the most intelligent things I have ever done in my life, BUT never did I do anything to bring discredit upon the uniform. Your perp IS not a soldier, no he is just some one who enlisted in the military and happens to wear that uniform a true soldier WOULD NOT do something like that.
                          If you know who the driver was, and what instillation he is at you might want to call the base commander, not the MP station, but the base commander let him know what happened and see if he can do any thing (and yes he can) if you call the MP’s they will more then likely blow it off or be limited in what they will do, I know our base commander would go totally ape ****, basically if you are willing to swear out a statement to the offence, he will speak to the soldier personally but that is only here can not speak for any other base.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                            I figured there'd be some US Army and USMC knocking in this thread.
                            As an an Army spouse, I'm too embarassed. I really hope that guy was a poser (but not with the naked body in the trunk!)

Towncop, I'm sorry for what he did to you, and you're family!

Last edited by pvtbuddie; 09-10-2008, 01:08 PM.
                            lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

As an SC native, I apologize for it happening in my state. Glad you're OK and yeah, the 911 operators do suck around here, unless you happen to catch one of the few really good ones.
                              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 152 members and 3742 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X