300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet, the "mother" gets to keep breathing

I think they should stake her out butt naked on a fire ant hill covered in sugar! But...that's just me, I guess.

DAYTON, Ohio - A woman was sentenced Monday to life in prison without the chance for parole for burning her baby daughter to death in a microwave after fighting with her boyfriend. Common Pleas Judge Mary Wiseman lashed out at 28-year-old China Arnold, who opted to watch her sentencing from a side room on a monitor.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"No adjectives exist to adequately describe this heinous atrocity," Wiseman said. "This act is shocking and utterly abhorrent for a civilized society."

The judge rejected a plea by Arnold's attorneys for a minimum sentence of life in prison with the chance of parole after 25 years. A jury last week spared Arnold the death penalty when it couldn't reach a consensus.

"I am innocent of these charges," Arnold said in a statement read by her attorney, Jon Paul Rion.

Arnold was convicted Aug. 29 of aggravated murder in the death of month-old Paris Talley in 2005. Prosecutors said she intentionally put her baby in the microwave after a fight with her boyfriend. The couple had argued over whether the boyfriend was the biological father.

It was Arnold's second trial. Her first ended in a mistrial when new witnesses surfaced.

Rion has asked for a third trial, saying a former cellmate who said Arnold confessed has now changed her story. Rion said he's also found additional witnesses who point to someone else being responsible for killing the baby.

The judge hasn't ruled on the motion for a new trial.

Rion said Arnold loved her baby "with all of her heart and more" and regrets drinking the night of her baby's death to the point of not remembering what happened.

"We have a mother who has lost her own daughter," Rion said. "That will plague her and follow her like a shadow for the rest of her life and into the next."

Prosecutor David Franceschelli told Wiseman that Arnold has shown no genuine remorse.

"The only remorse here is she got caught," Franceschelli said.
    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

wow that is all I can say.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I agree with you transporter, except I would rather put honey all over her and stick her in the woods to be mauled by bears.
      "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
      You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

I can't believe this happened again. It happened last year too when it was on Nancy Grace on CNN. This is why not ALL adults should be allowed to have children but the religious groups would be dead set against that, you know?

Babies just happen to be small enough to fit in a microwave and there are really crazy people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentMan View Post
          I agree with you transporter, except I would rather put honey all over her and stick her in the woods to be mauled by bears.
          + 10 thousand.
          or build a big enough microwave to stick her in and do the same to her.

poor kid.
          And the last one was in Galveston. he moved her to be a preacher.
          Can't remember if God told him to do it or not but he got life, the baby lived and is with Mom. Mom isn't the brightest but is at least wanting her to live.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

There is no punishment harsh enough for this idiot.
            It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I keep thinking of the idiots like Susan Smith in NC (??) who strapped her kids in their car seats and sent them into the lake to drown, or that POS in Houston, Andrea Yates, who drowned her 5 babies. We have had a couple here in my jail who were in for killing their children. One tortured the little boy (age 4) until he died. Took 24 hours to call the police or 911. both "parents" got life. As they were about to lead the male out I stopped the chain procession at the door and spoke to the guy. Just told him "I can't wait to hear they got you in prison. You know they WILL get you, don't you? Sleep tight. Open outter door!" Hope they all rot in hell.

Sorry folks, just have a tender spot for the kids.
              visit my blog if you are so inclined.
              http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
              (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

I couldn't even read that story when it first came out...just saw sections of it....couldnt do it.

I just dont get it...I do everything in my power to keep my child safe and if she gets on my last nerve...I just give myself a time out.....even if I didnt, I would not do something so horrible...whats wrong with these people? My instinct is to protect not harm my child or any child for that matter..any human....AAAAGGGGHHHHH!
                "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 258 members and 4155 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X