300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting along w/ people?...

When you were younger in say, your 20's and, at your age right now, who did you get along w/ older people, younger people , or people your same age group?...I've alway gotten along w/ anybody, but for the most part I've like hanging out (got/get along better) w/ older people, about 2 to 5 years older then me...And you?
    Younger then me
    0.00%
    Same age as me
    26.92%
    Older then me
    73.08%
    sigpic

Growing up all my friends were 2-4 years older than me. Now I hangout with any from three years younger than me to two years older than me, for the most part at least. Mostly though, same age as me.

Comment

Same age or older for me, even now young teens and young adults get on my nerves sometimes, and I'm only 28.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I didn't get along with anyone much really, I switched around so many times, I didn't have time to get along with anyone.
        "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
        You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Pretty much anyone, as long as they dont annoy me. I go more for maturity rather than age.
          "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
          Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
          Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

I can get along with anyone (so long as they are fairly mature and don't try to make me listen to that rap crap or head-banging music). I prefer those my age or a little older. I once hung outwith this blonde headed girl who was 21 and I was 28. Been married for 18 years now. You see how dangerous it can be!?
            visit my blog if you are so inclined.
            http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
            (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

I had to grow up fast so I have always been more mature for my age.
              I hang out with most people tht are older then me but I have run into those that are older but still lack mature thinking and acting. They were gone pretty fast.
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

I can get along with anyone, but I guess when I think about it, when I'm having fun, I like hanging out with people my own age.
                "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Most of my friends are my age and older.

I've always found that people younger than me have too much drama, and I can't stand drama.

I've systematically eliminated all of the people who bring drama and trouble in my life. Once you do that, it's smooth sailin, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Presence View Post
                    I've systematically eliminated all of the people who bring drama and trouble in my life.
                    Did you have trouble finding a place to hide the bodies?!
                    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

I am the youngest in my family .....big age difference from closest sibling, so I grew up with older people around, mostly.

I get a long with all age groups; have been an aunt since I was 9 and have a latge multi-aged family.
                      "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I dig younger folks - my boys ages - 22 and 20 - its a kick discussing issues of the day, video gaming and general humor.

I also dig the wisdom and reflective insight those older offer up.

Both of the above can quickly become "non-persons" however, one I see a nasty or sacrastic side. Can't let them into my space - can't do negative people. Even some of my best friends are liberals - they just don't get nasty about things.
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post
                          Did you have trouble finding a place to hide the bodies?!
                          roflol

somehow I knew someone was going to pick up on that!

Comment

Just have them pass the 24 hour test. If you spend 24 hours with someone, and they don't say or do anything weird, than they passed the test. The problem is most folks fail after about one hour.
                            It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I make an effort to get along with everybody. Age has almost no bearing on how well I actually do get along with someone. Maturity, however, does - As does the existence of previously-existing medical conditions like rectal-cranial inversion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 353 members and 5790 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X