Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is causing the back-pain, and what other options have you tried?

Also, if you choose to medicate, you should try the lowest dose possible first, and see what is bearable.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Oxycodone for back pain seems awful extreme, but Im a man, so I have never been, and never will be, pregnant.

What other options are there? What have you already tried?

Im not in your position, so I do not know how severe the pain is, but I would try to find other methods of relieving the pain. Stretches, massages, and some topical treatments (if approved for pregnant women), as well as simply changing your lifestyle can help.

I found this link, seems like there are some good ideas on here.
      "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
      Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
      Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Back pain plagued me throughout pregnancy.All the weight in front strained my muscles in my back. These work. It takes most of the weight off and helps support your back.

http://www.fitmaternity.com/maternit...hes/ai003.html

Also, body pillows are your best friend.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2128727 <---- Super comfy, although you need a rather large bed..
        "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
        for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Incidentally, when my daughter was pg with her first, had severe back pain from a whiplash injury she got broadsided by someone running a red light. She did not take any pain medications for it. She managed by using a chiropractor who adapted the treatments to her pregnancy.

There are many ways of addressing back pain. Hope you talk to that doc soon.
          Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
          Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
          A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

My wife's OB won't let her take anything that can cross the placenta. I assume this med can cross the placenta, correct?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4852 users online. 290 members and 4562 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X