300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The mix is WAY off, especially for Metallica....but I bought it,l loaded it onto 2 iPods, and put the CD in my truck!!

Leave a comment:

• Fuzz1028
    replied
    For one thing GH is on a dvd not a cd, DVD's have a higher sample rate. Having a degree in audio engineering I can tell you this is total BS. It may not be the best mix ever but its worlds above st. crapper
    Last edited by Fuzz1028; 09-23-2008, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• darkstar
    replied
    More proof that Metallica are un-redeemable..

Engineer disowns Metallica's 'Death Magnetic'
    Is 'Guitar Hero' version of new album better than the CD?

Sep 19, 2008

Metallica fans have been complaining about the quality of the CD recording of the band's new album, 'Death Magnetic', with many saying the version available on the 'Guitar Hero' computer game is better.

A YouTube clip comparing sound on the two formats can be viewed by clicking on the video below.

Fans have complained on internet forums that the dynamic range heard on the CD version is not as good as the 'Guitar Hero' version, reports Musicradar.com.

While many fans have blamed the mastering process used on the album, Ted Jensen of Sterling Sound, who mastered the album, has reportedly written a forum post about the process.

"I'm certainly sympathetic to your reaction, I get to slam my head against that brick wall every day," he wrote. "In this case the mixes were already brick-walled before they arrived at my place.

"Suffice to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me, I'm not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else."

Listen to the YouTube video comparing the two versions by clicking below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyIACDCc1I

Leave a comment:

• safetyallday
    replied
    This is kind of cool, piano cover of Nothing Else Matters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZK4Hd28VA

Leave a comment:

• safetyallday
    replied
    Originally posted by DACP View Post
    not that this has any thing to do with Metallica but some one brought up Iron maiden soooooo.

Iron Maiden?
    Very talented......but strange choice of material to cover on piano.

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    not that this has any thing to do with Metallica but some one brought up Iron maiden soooooo.

Iron Maiden?

Leave a comment:

• darkstar
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Love, love, love that freaking album!
    What kind of freaking ragweed are you smoking dude? Mustaine may give them the attitude that they need (which I don't think there's a problem with anyway), but Hammett plays CIRCLES around Mustaine my brother!

No arguments with Kirk being a great guitarist -when James and Lars allow him to actually play that is. I like the idea of bringing Dave back simply because he would bring back the nastier edge that Metallica has been missing since the mid 80s.

Leave a comment:

• Robocop007
    replied
    Originally posted by farewelltonavy
    Indeed robocop...as much as I love Guns N' Roses, their new stuff sucks for example...and I know it wouldn't be any better if the original line up was back together.

At least they did some great stuff back in the day, when they were self desctructive...just look at the S*hI*T that passes for rock, metal whatever nowdays...whiny kids with make up...goes to throw up
    Have you listened to that metal channel on the cable music channels? The metal bands today are just AWFUL!!!

Check out this great list of bands whose music is TIMELESS:

Kiss, RATT, Anthrax, Accept, Cro-Mags, Quiet Riot, Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, OZZY Osbourne, KIX, Dokken, Queensryche, Helix, Ace Frehley solo, Skid Row, Winger, Bulletboys, Firehouse, WASP, Dio, Rainbow, Leatherwolf, Poison, Dangerous Toys, etc.

Of course some bands only had 1 good song and the list is in no particular order but they beat the hell out of the bands today.

What bands/singers would you add?
    Last edited by Robocop007; 09-16-2008, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Robocop007
    replied
    Originally posted by farewelltonavy
    Ok rant is over, I haven't heard the new album yet, but I doubt I will. Old metal bands, except Maidens, suck ever since they stopped self distructing themselves and gotten older and married.
    Yeah, that's what I've been saying. Ever since the early 90s all those great bands that started in the 80s or late 70s suddenly forgot how to write new music.

The new Motley stuff is very average at best and people are delusional if they think it is anywhere NEAR as good as the "Shout at the Devil" album or "Girls, Girls, Girls". It didn't sell squat compared to their old stuff either.

Leave a comment:

• vacop4274
    replied
    I am contemplating buying the new album......is it better than the black album forward, or at least better than Load, cause after the black album I gave up!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Berlioz
    replied
    Bought the album a few days ago and I gotta say that it is very good. In my mind, if people listen to it objectively then they will like it. If they sit there and expect kill, ride, master, or justice then obviously it wont compare....
    Listen for "All Nightmare Long", its currently my fav on the CD.

Leave a comment:

• safetyallday
    replied
    Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
    Very nice Gibson. Next one for me will be a gold top Les Paul.
    Gold tops are beautiful! I sold my Les Paul Custom about six months ago and I still regret it.

Leave a comment:

• safetyallday
    replied
    Originally posted by DACP View Post
    Man you all forgot about Ian Anderson, as I am sure any hard core Metallica fan can agree
    I did forget about that..LOL... Jethro Tull won a Grammy over Metallica and Motley Crue.

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    Originally posted by fishAK View Post
    You guys are forgetting some of the best rock and metal guitarists ever....Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Definitely agree that Ace Frehley is too often overlooked....

As for the new Metallica...it's not the best they've ever done, but it's good enough to be better then most crap coming out nowadays. My $0.02.
    Man you all forgot about Ian Anderson, as I am sure any hard core Metallica fan can agree

Leave a comment:

• Fuzz1028
    replied
    Very nice Gibson. Next one for me will be a gold top Les Paul.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5505 users online. 323 members and 5182 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X