300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
    Just because there's violin (or bass violin) and folk guitar?? Guns 'n Roses used several violins in "November Rain". Def Leppard used folk guitar in "Foolin". Poison had tons of folk guitar in "Every Rose has its Thorn" which really sucked.

I don't really like that song by Zebra but there's worse metal out there and you guys know it.
    You guys are forgetting some of the best rock and metal guitarists ever....Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Definitely agree that Ace Frehley is too often overlooked....

As for the new Metallica...it's not the best they've ever done, but it's good enough to be better then most crap coming out nowadays. My $0.02.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
      You guys are forgetting some of the best rock and metal guitarists ever....Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Definitely agree that Ace Frehley is too often overlooked....

As for the new Metallica...it's not the best they've ever done, but it's good enough to be better then most crap coming out nowadays. My $0.02.
      well yes, there worst is way better then many groups best.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to mention Steve Vai. Wasn't he with David Lee Roth? Songs like "Just like Paradise" and "Yankee Rose". Much better than the crap that comes out today. Even "Just a Gigolo" was good in its own way.

Comment

This guy is an incredible guitarist. Not at all in the theme of music that has been discussed here, but absolutely amazing in its own right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU
          “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
          ― Henry Ford

Comment

Ok. I grew up (literally) with Metallica. My band opened for them at the ()now defunct) Waters Club in San Pedro WAYYYYYYYY back in 1981. That's the Metallica I know and love. This album is good enough for me to buy. Nice guitar riffs, some nice drumming....but man, the mix sounds WAY off for some reason. But it sure is better than the last cd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
              This guy is an incredible guitarist. Not at all in the theme of music that has been discussed here, but absolutely amazing in its own right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU
              Andy Mckee is amazing. If you like him and that genre, check out guys like Al Dimeola.
              It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                Ok. I grew up (literally) with Metallica. My band opened for them at the ()now defunct) Waters Club in San Pedro WAYYYYYYYY back in 1981. That's the Metallica I know and love. This album is good enough for me to buy. Nice guitar riffs, some nice drumming....but man, the mix sounds WAY off for some reason. But it sure is better than the last cd.
                We should start a post up your instruments thread!!!!
                It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
                  We should start a post up your instruments thread!!!!
                  we can start it here, these are a couple of my axes

from left to right
                  Gibson SG
                  1992 Fender Strat
                  1977 Fender Strat Hardtail
                  the Almighty Guitar Hero SG
                  Ibanez Artwoood Acoustic

I have 3 more but they don't ever get used. No pics of my amps or drums
                  Last edited by Fuzz1028; 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM.
                  “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                  ― Henry Ford

Comment

The newest member of the collection, a Christmas present to myself 2 years ago. Gibson SJ-100

Comment

Very nice Gibson. Next one for me will be a gold top Les Paul.
                      ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post

Man you all forgot about Ian Anderson, as I am sure any hard core Metallica fan can agree
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                          Man you all forgot about Ian Anderson, as I am sure any hard core Metallica fan can agree
                          I did forget about that..LOL... Jethro Tull won a Grammy over Metallica and Motley Crue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                            Very nice Gibson. Next one for me will be a gold top Les Paul.
                            Gold tops are beautiful! I sold my Les Paul Custom about six months ago and I still regret it.

Comment

Bought the album a few days ago and I gotta say that it is very good. In my mind, if people listen to it objectively then they will like it. If they sit there and expect kill, ride, master, or justice then obviously it wont compare....
                              Listen for "All Nightmare Long", its currently my fav on the CD.
                              LAPD

Comment

I am contemplating buying the new album......is it better than the black album forward, or at least better than Load, cause after the black album I gave up!!!!!
                                Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5565 users online. 379 members and 5186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X