300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Love is a killer song.
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2KeW9Ke2s

It sure is!!!
      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

You need to give those of us in our mid-30's some credit there bud. However, I'll go on record as saying that your placing of "Dimebag" above Dave Mustaine is accurate. And that isn't saying much. Dimebag was crap....in my opinion.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Who do you like as a guitarist Towncop?
          “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
          ― Henry Ford

Comment

I know some of you may be surprised at this but Ace Frehley of KISS is a true guitar god. You should see the way he shredded with steam coming out of his guitar when he was with KISS. No guitarist put on a better show for a guitar solo.

He had some great stuff as a solo artist too. Check out this great video of "Into the Night". You gotta wait till near the end for the best guitar parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKbpXegKww
            Last edited by Robocop007; 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Shockingly, I am going to agree with Robocop that Ace Frehley is a great guitarist. Truely underrated. Now, some of my all-time fav axe shredders are (in no particular order) Carlos Santana, Ted Nugent, Kirk Hammett, Eddie Van Halen (probably close to the top for me), Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Angus Young, Zakk Wylde, and Slash. ANY of the guys mentioned here have truely SPANKED Dimebag and anything he has done. Period. Just my 2 pennies.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

That's an impressive lineup towncop. Zakk is one of my alltime favorites. If you have never seen BLS live, they put on a great show.
                Last edited by safetyallday; 09-12-2008, 09:14 AM.
                It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I really try to like new Metallica, but I just can't.

"The Day That Never Comes" is the only song I have ever heard that I thought was actually 3 different songs. When I heard it the first 3 times I caught 3 different parts of the song all 3 times. The first time I heard the ending instrumental and thought that was "The Day That Never Comes". Then I heard the part where James is yelling(note I did not say "singing") the part about "Love is a 4 letter word that is never spoken here" and that it was a seperate song called "Love is a 4 letter word". Then I caught the beginning of the song and thought it was a 3rd song.

This literally sounds as if all the different band members went into seperate recording studios and just recorded whatever they could come up with, got back together, and threw it all together.

Their drums are usually awesome but in this song it sounds like they could only afford a trashcan for Lars to pound on.

They have some good guitar work in the end but it's cluttered by the horrible drumming.

Originally posted by Reiland View Post
                  Pure CLEAN AND SOBER Metallica, which is nowhere near as talented as the original...it's great that they've personally cleaned up their lives and gone to group therapy and all that, but their music hasn't been the same...it's just lacking.

Oh, and Unforgiven III? Horrid...
                  I agree with all of the above. They could rock again, but it would require them going back to their self destructive ways.

But I thought you were kidding when you said there was an Unforgiven III. II wasn't good. III starts out with a ****ing 2 minute piano solo. For a moment I thought about throwing myself out a window. Fortunately I was able to fight threw the pain just long enough to remember that all I had to do was "x" out of the screen. I didn't even make it halfway through.

Comment

Before we start bashing each other about our musical tastes, which is the all time greatest band, what guitarist’s shreds, what album was the bands best, and whatever else we can say about our beloved heavy metal music. I ask you to check out this Heavy Metal group.......then tell me what SUCK is.

Music video
                    Last edited by DACP; 09-12-2008, 10:16 AM.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                      Before we start bashing each other about our musical tastes, which is the all time greatest band, what guitarist’s shreds, what album was the bands best, and whatever else we can say about our beloved heavy metal music. I ask you to check out this Heavy Metal group.......then tell me what SUCK is.

Music video
                      I just threw up in my mouth!

Comment

As far as master shredders go don't forget to add Vinnie Vincent who had some great stuff after he left KISS like Ashes to Ashes, Love Kills, That Time of Year, and Burn. Also definitely add Warren DeMartini of RATT, Mick Mars of Motley Crue, Reb Beach with Winger, and whoever was Skid Row's lead guitarist back then not now.

Vinnie Vincent had a great name for another solo album that I'm not sure ever came out. But it was supposed to be call Guitarmageddon. Is that cool or what?
                        Last edited by Robocop007; 09-12-2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
                          I just threw up in my mouth!
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

got the album, it rocks. There are a couple songs that are not so hot, but on the whole it is a good album.
                            ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                              got the album, it rocks. There are a couple songs that are not so hot, but on the whole it is a good album.
                              +1. I knew I liked you for some reason Fuzz1028!

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post

Music video
                                Just because there's violin (or bass violin) and folk guitar?? Guns 'n Roses used several violins in "November Rain". Def Leppard used folk guitar in "Foolin". Poison had tons of folk guitar in "Every Rose has its Thorn" which really sucked.

I don't really like that song by Zebra but there's worse metal out there and you guys know it.
                                Last edited by Robocop007; 09-15-2008, 05:07 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2603 users online. 129 members and 2474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X