Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by co1669 View Post
    The songs My Apocalypse and Cyanide do sound like early Metallica and they are good songs but nothing in the metal world beats their first 3 albums.
    If you'd like to hear a *really* incredible song called My Apocalypse, listen to Arch Enemy's "Doomsday" album (note: nothing in common with Metallica's song other than same title).

    Btw, hxd, thanks for the compliment XM 48 Squizz and 42 Liquid Metal are pretty good as well.

    Comment


    • #32
      [QUOTE=Reiland;1404134]If you'd like to hear a *really* incredible song called My Apocalypse, listen to Arch Enemy's "Doomsday" album (note: nothing in common with Metallica's song other than same title).

      That song was great.It kicked me right in the chest.
      P/M me for a patch trade.

      Comment


      • #33
        for those Metallica fans who also like the Beatles

        http://www.myspace.com/beatallica
        “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
        ― Henry Ford

        Comment


        • #34
          How long has Metallica been around?





          Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??



          Comment


          • #35
            Formed in 1981
            “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
            ― Henry Ford

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by equinox137 View Post
              Ummmmm.....have you even listened to Brave New World (2000), Dance of Death (2003), or A Matter of Life and Death (2006)???? Maybe Rock in Rio (2001), which was played in front of a crowd of 200,000????
              I never liked Maiden that much but I put them in the list mainly because they are often talked about with Judas Priest. Maiden only had one good song IMO which was "Be Quick or Be Dead" which was EXCELLENT. Good video too.

              Judas Priest had probably the best pure metal song ever with "You've Got Another Thing Coming". They also a great song in Turbo Lover and at least one more. Hard to believe Rob Halford turned out to be gay, you know?

              BTW, the new Maiden stuff you mentioned didn't sell anywhere near as good as the old stuff. There were several band at that event they played in front of 200,000 plus a big crowd doesn't indicate they're buying a lot of the NEW stuff.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by equinox137 View Post
                Ummmmm.....have you even listened to Brave New World (2000), Dance of Death (2003), or A Matter of Life and Death (2006)???? Maybe Rock in Rio (2001), which was played in front of a crowd of 200,000????
                I am convinced that the last few years have been among Maidens best musically. The break that Adrian and Bruce took did the band a lot of good. I would rank any of the last three albums with NOTB, Piece of Mind, or Powerslave. Plus the band still has it live unlike most bands from the era

                As Metallica goes, I was one of the many that tuned out when the Black Album was released. I had been a hardcore fan since 82, and realized that they had become yet another MTV darling with this album. Yeah that album vaulted them to a new level of fame and fortune but it cost them alot of the early fans who supported them. There is a downside to bringing all the disaffected Bon Jovi and Poison fans into thier camp and maybe they are finally realizing it.
                These new tracks suck. They will get lots of attention from the angsty guys with neck tattoos and numetal dweebs but thats it. I have Master of Puppets and Kill 'Em All to annoy people with while driving in my truck (great fun btw when you pull up to some kid with his hat on backwards playing the latest hiphop dreck). If Metallica wants to bring me back into the fold, boot Hammett and bring Mustaine back into the band. He would give them just the attitude adjustment they need, and at the same time slap down Lars every time he decides to tick the fans off by running his mouth.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                  I never liked Maiden that much but I put them in the list mainly because they are often talked about with Judas Priest. Maiden only had one good song IMO which was "Be Quick or Be Dead" which was EXCELLENT. Good video too.

                  Judas Priest had probably the best pure metal song ever with "You've Got Another Thing Coming". They also a great song in Turbo Lover and at least one more. Hard to believe Rob Halford turned out to be gay, you know?

                  BTW, the new Maiden stuff you mentioned didn't sell anywhere near as good as the old stuff. There were several band at that event they played in front of 200,000 plus a big crowd doesn't indicate they're buying a lot of the NEW stuff.
                  I would suggest you try listening to Maidens Number of the Beast album - just about anything from that album trumps Be Quick or Be Dead.

                  And indeed that was a great Priest song, but the entire Screaming For Vengeance album was badass. If you weren't 13 or 14 and cranking up "The Hellion/Electric Eye" to alienate your entire neighborhood, then you missed a great time indeed.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                    BTW, the new Maiden stuff you mentioned didn't sell anywhere near as good as the old stuff. There were several band at that event they played in front of 200,000 plus a big crowd doesn't indicate they're buying a lot of the NEW stuff.
                    They didn't sell as good in America, but they sold well in other parts of the world (esp. South America)
                    "First of all, then we have to say the American public overwhelmingly voted for socialism when they elected President Obama." - Al Sharpton, March 21, 2010

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by darkstar View Post
                      I am convinced that the last few years have been among Maidens best musically. The break that Adrian and Bruce took did the band a lot of good. I would rank any of the last three albums with NOTB, Piece of Mind, or Powerslave. Plus the band still has it live unlike most bands from the era
                      Love, love, love that freaking album!
                      Originally posted by darkstar
                      As Metallica goes, I was one of the many that tuned out when the Black Album was released. I had been a hardcore fan since 82, and realized that they had become yet another MTV darling with this album. Yeah that album vaulted them to a new level of fame and fortune but it cost them alot of the early fans who supported them. There is a downside to bringing all the disaffected Bon Jovi and Poison fans into thier camp and maybe they are finally realizing it.
                      These new tracks suck. They will get lots of attention from the angsty guys with neck tattoos and numetal dweebs but thats it. I have Master of Puppets and Kill 'Em All to annoy people with while driving in my truck (great fun btw when you pull up to some kid with his hat on backwards playing the latest hiphop dreck). If Metallica wants to bring me back into the fold, boot Hammett and bring Mustaine back into the band. He would give them just the attitude adjustment they need, and at the same time slap down Lars every time he decides to tick the fans off by running his mouth.
                      What kind of freaking ragweed are you smoking dude? Mustaine may give them the attitude that they need (which I don't think there's a problem with anyway), but Hammett plays CIRCLES around Mustaine my brother!
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

                      * "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

                      * Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Speaking of Mustaine, I happened to see a Megadeth video recently on VH1 Classic's Headbanger's Ball. It was "Symphony of Destruction" and it's a pretty damn good song. I downloaded it to my mp3 player. The only other song I heard from them that was ok was "Wake Up Dead" but that really isn't that great.

                        Didn't you guys hear the back story of Mustaine in Metallica? He was a jack off and was ruining the chemistry of the band. They gave him several chances until they got so sick of him they actually kicked him off the bus or abandoned him at a hotel or something.

                        I'll say Megadeth is definitely better than Pantera. Their bit hit was supposed to be "Walk" and it's barely average but I don't see what the big deal about Pantera is. Megadeth is better and even they aren't THAT great.
                        Last edited by Robocop007; 09-11-2008, 10:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by darkstar View Post
                          I would suggest you try listening to Maidens Number of the Beast album - just about anything from that album trumps Be Quick or Be Dead.

                          And indeed that was a great Priest song, but the entire Screaming For Vengeance album was badass. If you weren't 13 or 14 and cranking up "The Hellion/Electric Eye" to alienate your entire neighborhood, then you missed a great time indeed.
                          Agreed! Any over 40 knows how great both of theese bands were. It's funny how the youngsters relate to Maiden or Priest by the albums they put out in the late 90's. And by the way Robo, Dave Mustaine isn't good enough to be a pimple on Dimebags butt!
                          It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
                            Agreed! Any over 40 knows how great both of theese bands were. It's funny how the youngsters relate to Maiden or Priest by the albums they put out in the late 90's. And by the way Robo, Dave Mustaine isn't good enough to be a pimple on Dimebags butt!
                            Then what are the best Pantera songs worth listening to?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              It's all about personal preference. To say that Megadeath is better than Pantera is your opinion.

                              I have never been a big Megadeath fan and like a lot of Pantera. Vulgar Display of Power was a great album with a lot of great songs. That's just my personal preference though.

                              I like the new Metallica album, from what I've heard so far. It's hard to compare it to some of their albums that have been out for 20 years or more, but we'll see how it stands the test of time.
                              Be professional
                              Be polite
                              Be ready to kill everyone you meet

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                                Then what are the best Pantera songs worth listening to?
                                I'm Broken is a good start. Cemetary Gates, This Love,
                                It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3633 users online. 262 members and 3371 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X