300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can hear a couple of the songs here. And for all the "I used to like them before they sold out" haters out there. Listen to the song My Apocolypse and tell me Metallica doesn't still kick a5s!

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

AWESOME this is, this is good.

Comment

I'm still a hater. They used to be be good. I'm guessing no junk no soul applies here.................
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

two words come to mind, (and mind you I use to love Metallica)

THIS SUCKS
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
          two words come to mind, (and mind you I use to love Metallica)

+100

THIS SUCKS
          "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
          for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Listen to the new motorhead CD instead (motorizer). Mmmm

Comment

I love hearing "I used to love Metallica". Do you guys really want Master, Justice, Kill em all and Ride the Lightning recycled a hundred times? St. Anger blew, even they admit that but this new stuff is good. You cant tell me Cyanide and My apocalypse are not pure Metallica.
              “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
              ― Henry Ford

Comment

Gotta say they blow. I wanted to jam a pencil in my ear after the first couple of minutes. The only decent song that has been put out by them in recent history was fuel...........After that its just a decent garage band. Metallica Black was their last thing worthy of listening to. St anger was the last nail in the coffin............
                The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Anything after the "Black" album has been a varying degree of disappointment IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                    The only decent song that has been put out by them in recent history was fuel...........After that its just a decent garage band.............
                    Agreed...except they were better when they were just a garage band...(Garage Days Revisited, anyone?). Last Caress/Green Hell was better then anything they've done in 10 years....
                    "All that is, ever
                    Ever was, will be, ever
                    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                      You cant tell me Cyanide and My apocalypse are not pure Metallica.
                      Pure CLEAN AND SOBER Metallica, which is nowhere near as talented as the original...it's great that they've personally cleaned up their lives and gone to group therapy and all that, but their music hasn't been the same...it's just lacking.

Oh, and Unforgiven III? Horrid...couldn't even make it halfway through. Does not deserve to be in the same room with I & II, much less be linked to them.

I AM enjoying "classic" Metallica on the new XM Mandatory Metallica station though (#51)

Comment

No hater here, but I was admittedly disappointed with St. Anger and everything that has come from Metallica since. This new album seems very uh... "desperate" to return to the old fan base, but it doesn't work for me.

My $0.02.

Comment

I really like Metallica, what do people mean the "sold out" over the years, my music taste have changed, i am sure theirs has as well and i wouldn't say they sold out. I look forward to Metal coming back......Up the Irons !

Comment

I think the problem with them is that once James started taking singing lessons (which he did for the Black Album) he sings EVERYTHING in a melodic way. If you watch live performances of say Master Of Puppets from the old days (And ustice or before) and then watch them perform Master now (or rather recently) James doesn't have the same, well, growl, and he tries to be melodic, which doesn't work well.

The new album might be ok, I have only heard 2 songs. Guitar and drum work sounds ok, but like I stated, James seems to be "singing" too much!!!! Oh well, at least Slayer stays true to form!!!!!!!
                            Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Hetfield has done damage to his voice over the years that's why he sounds different today. He said something about it in Some Kind of Monster.
                              ― Henry Ford

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2598 users online. 142 members and 2456 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X