300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate simulated war games

I hate them, the ones that are rated "M" I never seem to get past the first level. Anyone else have this problem?

Now everyone, laugh at me.

the last war game I played was "Global Thermonuclear War" on my IMSAI 8080.

Comment

Mine is something like full spectrum ten.

Comment

It takes me about 3 tries per checkpoint lol.

Comment

You can't expect to get anywhere when you close your eyes when shootin your gun
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
            I hate them, the ones that are rated "M" I never seem to get past the first level. Anyone else have this problem?

Now everyone, laugh at me.
            This game is the closest you can get to ordering a tactical nuke, w/o having the feds knocking on your door. Excellent game if you like RTS, modern day military equipment, modern day munitions and gorgeous explosions.

Comment

I have a friend who loves World in Conflict... I havent played it myself yet. I'm more into First Person Shooters, and one game rocks that front!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post
                I have a friend who loves World in Conflict... I havent played it myself yet. I'm more into First Person Shooters, and one game rocks that front!!

+1. With the exception of Rock Band from time to time, this is the only game I have ever really played on XBox. (Kind of out of it now though.)

Comment

I play it on the computer, but its the online mutiplayer that I love. The single player has a great story line, and is a lot of fun, but the muti takes the cake!
                  "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

CityCop, I'll have to check that out, thanks. I've got a PS2 not an Xbox, and I know a lot of those kinda games are on Xbox..

Comment

I thought this was a post about military exercises.

Last "war games" I took part in was in 1995. I was an official member of "The People's Republic of Japan," and got pounded by Harriers, Cobras, and Grunts while I was "stationed" on Ia Shima.

On the side.... I play counter-strike. When I get a better computer, I'll be able to play my "Orange Box."

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
                        I thought this was a post about military exercises.

Last "war games" I took part in was in 1995. I was an official member of "The People's Republic of Japan," and got pounded by Harriers, Cobras, and Grunts while I was "stationed" on Ia Shima.

On the side.... I play counter-strike. When I get a better computer, I'll be able to play my "Orange Box."
                        My computer can't handle games at all for some reason, I'm lucky when I can play ship simulator or simcity. And it's vista, whodda thunk?

Comment

Full spectrum warrior is less of a shooter, and more a squad based RTS, much more tactical, much less action.

Most computers ship with onboard video, or very weak videocards, they can barely do anything.

They'll ship with a quadcore CPU, and 4gb of memory, but that doesn't mean a thing when your video card is junk. I would look into upgrading your videocard, if your computer is new enough to have come with Vista, that is most likely your bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
                            Full spectrum warrior is less of a shooter, and more a squad based RTS, much more tactical, much less action.

Most computers ship with onboard video, or very weak videocards, they can barely do anything.

They'll ship with a quadcore CPU, and 4gb of memory, but that doesn't mean a thing when your video card is junk. I would look into upgrading your videocard, if your computer is new enough to have come with Vista, that is most likely your bottleneck.

Thanks nr, I'll check into that.

Comment

Windows Vista is/was a problem in itself. When it was originally released, Vista produced notably slower frame rates than Windows XP.

I don't know if this is the case, but as long as you are able to, stick with XP for a gaming PC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3052 users online. 150 members and 2902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X