300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Plan!

so i have decided to get my EMT-B. i have been up thinking about this for a few days now and i think i would benefit more by getting the life and work experience then getting my BA. i have an AA in AOJ already so for now that is good enough for me.

i will go back at some point and get my BA but it will probably be at some online college. so i will finish out my philosophy and art class this semester and then join the EMT-B program in January.

i was also battling with deciding on getting my EMT or going to dispatch but i believe the field experience will be better. i remember all the experience i got from being an explorer and volunteer FF and feel at this point in my life going for my EMT-B and working on a ambulance is my best bet even though it is not directly related to LE like a dispatcher is.

don't get me wrong i still want to be a cop, i want nothing more in my life then to be a cop but i have some issues in my background that might come up and i want to show that i have over come those issues and have bettered myself and am willing to do whatever it takes to be a LEO.
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Is there anyway you can get into the jail/corrections system within your area? I know any civil service position will help you with your stability/maturity to kinda gloss over any prior background issues. I am in a similar boat but am starting with our Sheriff's Office soon. I imagine within a year or two (seeing as how all my issues are well over 8 years ago and in my pre-adult life at that) I could see myself getting hired into a sworn LE position (whether it's local or having to travel to find a dept).

Comment

Originally posted by RCKoutWurGLKout View Post
      Is there anyway you can get into the jail/corrections system within your area? I know any civil service position will help you with your stability/maturity to kinda gloss over any prior background issues. I am in a similar boat but am starting with our Sheriff's Office soon. I imagine within a year or two (seeing as how all my issues are well over 8 years ago and in my pre-adult life at that) I could see myself getting hired into a sworn LE position (whether it's local or having to travel to find a dept).
      yea i would get into jail or corrections but one of my problems is I'm overweight and out of shape. i am on a diet program through my doctor and will be in well enough shape in 3 months for the EMT program but not for LE. i figured i would give myself two years or so to get into the best shape i can then apply. so during these two years i figured i needed to do something else to better myself so that is why i made the decision to get my EMT. the issues i have in my background i do not think will be an auto DQ but they will come up and i want to show that i have bettered myself. BTW i love your user name!
      This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5371 users online. 345 members and 5026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X