Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ did give a date for his first return. Why can't he be believed about his second?

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtbuddie View Post
      Christ did give a date for his first return. Why can't he be believed about his second?

I hope you realize that's just a story in a book and there's not a shred of evidence of that. You don't believe everything you read in a book do you?

Then you should also believe all the gods that appeared in Greek, Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, Hindu, Muslim, Jain, Sikh, Bahaii, etc. religions.

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
        I hope you realize that's just a story in a book and there's not a shred of evidence of that. You don't believe everything you read in a book do you?

Then you should also believe all the gods that appeared in Greek, Norse, Celtic, Egyptian, Hindu, Muslim, Jain, Sikh, Bahaii, etc. religions.
        Geez College boy! You are outnumbered here. Let this go. Better yet, GO AWAY.
        visit my blog if you are so inclined.
        http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
        (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post
          Geez College boy! You are outnumbered here. Let this go. Better yet, GO AWAY.
          Not for long!

Comment

Transporter, sit down. Calm down. (Now please either go in the other room or be quiet for a while; you're getting your blood pressure up, and your rude outbursts really won't help.)
            Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post

A book. "A" means one. Collecting more than one account into a volume doesn't suddenly make it "a" story, in "a" book, unless whatever I read 2, 5, or 100 times on the net, is only one thing in my computer.

Last edited by pvtbuddie; 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM.
            lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

Come again???
              visit my blog if you are so inclined.
              http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
              (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed..."

Were not the people of Iraq Oppressed? Are not our soldiers in Iraq to "relieve the Oppressed"?

she (Palin) says that our soldiers were being sent to Iraq to perform a "task from God".
                Now, someone tell me how Palin's comment was out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by jshawn View Post
                  Don't know who LeanG is but okay...I hope this is a good thing
                  Yeah it is!! But now he's back... and youre "gone"

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post
                    Come again???
                    Having the minority opinion, or being "outnumbered here," is no reason why anyone should be told to leave a discussion, and your first post in this thread showed a hostility that was based, reading your own words, only on Robocop007 arguing a minority opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by eddib View Post
                      This is a video of Sarah Palin speaking at church in Alaska. At 3:51 mark, she says that our soldiers were being sent to Iraq to perform a "task from God". What is the difference between a potential vice president saying this and the extremists telling suicide bombers that they are doing what they do in the name of God??
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1vPYbRB7k&eurl=http://
                      That is not what she said....she said we should be praying that we are doing the work of God. Not to mention your last sentence is ludicrous. We don't target non-combatants, they do.
                      A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Since this is America, and we are all free to believe, or not believe, she has the right to believe as she wishes, be it Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. Who the heck cares? I believe religion is a personal matter, and none of anyone else's business. What ticks me off is people that have their noses shoved so far up other people's rear ends, they can't see the light.

I don't care if she worships the freakin moon. Her religious beliefs are none of anyone else's business. What the heII are we fighting for????? Does anyone bother to READ the Constitution anymore? She has a right to believe in God if she wishes, and if they are HER views, that we as a Nation are on a mission from God... WHO CARES??????!!!!!! Some people need to mind their own business and let others worship as they choose. I FOUGHT FOR THAT RIGHT TOO.
                        As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

God works in mysterious ways. If their is a person or entire goverment supporting the killing/torture and cruel treatment of other people, then those who have the ability to stop it should. Which is one of the many reasons the US went to iraq.

For example, the reason god made police officers is to keep the peace. People may not always like or trust us for some of the things we do but it is all for a higher cause. Tickets save lives because they deter people breaking traffic laws, people knows if they steal a cop is going to take them to jail. If not for people standing up and doing something about all the evils in this world the entire country would go into total anarchy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2571 users online. 123 members and 2448 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X