300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
    It's just brilliant, like Bush calling it a crusade -- Nah, what possible connotation could Middle Easterners attach to that word?

She is frightening, also believes in the rapture -- makes you wonder if she's rooting for Israel and Iran to nuke each other and start armeggedon...
    You said it.

That's why a nut like Palin won't get anywhere near the White House. People like her need delusion detox and need to be committed to the nut house until they are free of their delusions.

Comment

I bet she wouldn't have said that if she wasn't making a speech in a church.

Regardless, its gonna come to bite her in the *** now.
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

No. The minister was a stand-in for authoritarians everywhere. I "saw the light" in terms of that particular church and its politics. You weren't supposed to question anyone in authority. Period.

I decided I did not want to be affiliated with any church that believed God was on their side in war or that God approved of war.

Seven years later I became a Quaker. Salvation for an afterlife is not an issue in Quakerism, and we do not have rituals, including baptism.

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
        So you didn't get baptized or "saved" b/c of an assistant minister?...
        Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
        Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
          Santa Claus is more realistic than the rapture. If anyone really believes that people are going to suddenly vanish, planes fall out of the sky, cars crash, people disappear into this air right before your eyes, etc. then they need an immediate inpatient psych hospitalization with massive amounts of IV Haldol for delusions.

To give you an idea what a scam this is Rev.Hagee, a major rapture proponent, has repeatedly given time frames when it will happen and when it doesn't they just change their mind and give a new date. No one holds them to task for anything. He like many others just scam people for money and power.

No one with one brain cell in their head would believe such a crazy story.
          Just in case you missed it when I typed it before

Tecumseh once said
          "Trouble no one about their religion,
          respect others in their view,
          and demand that they respect yours,"

The moral of the story: drop your prejudice and learn to respect people. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make you right and them wrong.
          If you want to talk to someone try doing so as an adult. That means stop attacking their beliefs. You can debate them if you want, but try to be mature about it. When you type a post as you just did poeple tend not to listen to you, and you only make yourslelf look like an immature ****** bag.

ETA: looks like the language filter is on, the ****** before bag is a feminine product that one might use on a summers eve.
          Last edited by Norman; 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM.
          Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

"a task from god..."

Did she get a executive letter from this god stating that this was a task he has delegated to the military? The war is a task from the government and that's it. Thanks be to these various gods that I don't have to follow her thinking pattern.

O and I like the way someone was able to intrepret exactly what she meant that ended up being something entirely different than what she said.

Tucson Police Department
            07/27/08 : Applied
            09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
            09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
            09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
            10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
            10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
            10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
            08/18/08 : Applied
            10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
            10/25/08 : PT Test
            10/25/08 : Written Test
            10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

Originally posted by jshawn View Post
              "a task from god..."

Did she get a executive letter from this god stating that this was a task he has delegated to the military? The war is a task from the government and that's it. Thanks be to these various gods that I don't have to follow her thinking pattern.

O and I like the way someone was able to intrepret exactly what she meant that ended up being something entirely different than what she said.
              You did not pay attention to what she actually said. .She said, "Pray ... that ... our leaders .... are sending them out on a task that is from God." .It is accurate to say "pray that Etc., etc., etc, " does not mean "God told me Etc., etc., etc,"
              Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Last edited by pvtbuddie; 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM.
              lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by jshawn View Post

I'm so glad when youre posting. It makes me miss LeanG a little less...

Comment

Santa Claus is more realistic than the rapture.
                  Believing the prophesies of one's religion doesn't make sense, unless that religion has a history of fulfilled prophesies, from (I paraphrase) "Trap yourselves between that sea and this army, and I will rescue you" to "they are going to hoist me up and kill me, and in three days I will come to life again."
                  If anyone really believes that people are going to suddenly vanish, planes fall out of the sky, cars crash, people disappear into this air right before your eyes, etc. then they need an immediate inpatient psych hospitalization with massive amounts of IV Haldol for delusions.
                  I hope you're not really serious, or I hope you're not ever in charge of prescribing those measures. .Because believing sources that one finds reliable, and especially believing sources that many others find reliable, is not the same as halucinating, or being schizophrenic, whichever Haldol is used for.

To give you an idea what a scam this is Rev.Hagee, a major rapture proponent, has repeatedly given time frames when it will happen and when it doesn't they just change their mind and give a new date. No one holds them to task for anything. He like many others just scam people for money and power.
                  So, is the possibility of a cure for cancer a scam, just because some people lie about having one, for their own benefit? .Besides, traditional Christian doctrine about the rapture is that it is, as I put it in another thread, an un-anounced, and un-effected by believers, exodus of all belivers from Earth. .Anyone who truly believes that they can predict the rapture does not believe the Bible they are reading (if they are).

No one with one brain cell in their head would believe such a crazy story.
                  Well, it took a few brain cells to type all this, but I think I still have a couple left to not believe that crazy story with, OK? . . (Guess what? I still believe it!)

Last edited by pvtbuddie; 09-07-2008, 12:10 AM.
                  lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

[QUOTE=rubyrose;1397979]When I was 14 I went to a Baptist Church with a friend from high school. I ended up getting "saved."

In order to get baptized I had to go through 8 weeks of preparation through night classes.

One day the teacher (an assistant minister) was talking about how God is always on the side of Christians in war. Because war did not fit with my idea of Christian love, nor least of all the Beatitude from the Sermon on the Mount: "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God." (I had read the Bible from front page to last before I even entered this class.)

I raised my hand to ask, in all innocence:

"Whose side is God on when Christians are at war with each other?"

The man sputtered and stammered. He was very angry that I was so impudent as to ask such a question. I was supposed to sit there and just accept what he said. He was the minister. What he said was the truth, and if I wanted to be a Christian I had to accept it.

Well, that was my last day at that church. I never went back. Never got baptised. And never will.

This is what I don't get when I hear it from people; somebody at church, or the minister, said something/gossipped/cut me off in the parking lot etc etc and now I won't go back to church or believe. Why not just go to another church? Why give up on faith altogether? There are PLENTY or churches who have classes who would totally welcome such questions. I say this because I was a skeptic and asked the hard questions, and they were welcomed. Had they not been I'd keep looking. It made my faith stronger by asking hard questions.

Lastly, if anyone thinks many have been killed in the name of God/religion, there have been waymorekilled by atheists.

Comment

I'm sorry, but when we're fighting a war on terror that is directed primarily against religious fanatics, our leaders should be as careful as possible to not include any religious connotations.

I doubt very much that when Bush said crusade, he meant it in the same context as middle easterners took it -- but winning the war on terror requires fundamental change in their society, and that means getting the average Muslim on our side...

Comment

Just so I understand all this,
                        Sarah Palin says that our soldiers were being sent to Iraq to perform a "task from God". And this is somehow bad
                        And Reverend Jeremiah Wright (Obamas pastor for over 20 years and spiritual mentor) says God Dam America along with other things and it is ok?
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Some say the end is near.
                          Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
                          I certainly hope we will.
                          I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullsh*t three ring circus sideshow of
                          Freaks

Here in this hopeless f**king hole we call LA
                          The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
                          Any f**king time. Any f**king day.
                          Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
                          Fret for your latte and
                          Fret for your lawsuit and
                          Fret for your hairpiece and
                          Fret for your prozac and
                          Fret for your pilot and
                          Fret for your contract and
                          Fret for your car.

It's a
                          Bullsh*t three ring circus sideshow of
                          Freaks

Here in this hopeless f**king hole we call LA
                          The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
                          Any f**king time. Any f**king day.
                          Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
                          Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
                          Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
                          Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh*ts.

And some say the end is near.
                          Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
                          I certainly hope we will 'cause
                          I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly sh*t, stupid sh*t...

One great big festering neon distraction,
                          I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
                          Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

f**k L Ron Hubbard and
                          f**k all his clones.
                          f**k all these gun-toting
                          Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

f**k retro anything.
                          f**k your tattoos.
                          f**k all you junkies and
                          f**k your short memory.

Learn to swim.

f**k smiley glad-hands
                          With hidden agendas.
                          f**k these dysfunctional,
                          Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

cause I'm praying for rain
                          And I'm praying for tidal waves
                          I wanna see the ground give way.
                          I wanna watch it all go down.
                          Mom please flush it all away.
                          I wanna see it go right in and down.
                          I wanna watch it go right in.
                          Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
                          Don't just call me pessimist.
                          Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
                          Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
                          Get down.
                          Suck it down.
                          Flush it down.

BOO!

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                            Just so I understand all this,
                            Sarah Palin says that our soldiers were being sent to Iraq to perform a "task from God". And this is somehow bad
                            And Reverend Jeremiah Wright (Obamas pastor for over 20 years and spiritual mentor) says God Dam America along with other things and it is ok?
                            Jeremiah Wright is not a vice presidential candidate. Also not even Obama ever said that what Wright said was ok.

As for the Iraq war, I pray that our leaders don't think that it is a "task from God".
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

God

Palin talks to god?! My goodness this lady is a psycho.

Palin believes “we are on a mission from god”. The only time that line should be used is if you are reciting the Blues Brothers.

I don’t trust anyone who wants to teach creationism in school. The only time someone should speak about Noah’s ark with any degree of enthusiasm is when they are at a water park.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                                I am not religous.

I went to Iraq, and Afghanistan. I helped the people I could. Comforted the people i could not help, and eradicated the ones who chose to threaten the innocent.

Sounds like "Gods Work" to me.

M-11.

P.S. My Orders must have been a misprint, they said "Tasked by CENTCOM" not "Task from God". I'll notify my Admin people...
                                +10 thousand.
                                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                                Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3896 users online. 270 members and 3626 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X