300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google chrome

Any one try the new Google browser? working with it now, it feels funny might be the "new" feel thing, just a wondering what others thought
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I tried it...but I'm partial to firefox.

I might try it again.....later.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ditto texaschickeee...tried it, but quickly went back to firefox. Not sure what's supposed to be so great about it, other then it's made by Google?
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Still trying it. Not sure if I like it yet......
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I gave it all of two minutes. Those are two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Comment

I'll stick with safari.
            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

What is it all about? I heard something on the local news tonight, but didn't really pay attention.
              Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

It's okay, nothing spectacular (it's a web browser, after all).

1. Every tab is actually a seperate instance, so if one page crashes, your other pages will not.

2. You can drag a tab and turn it into a seperate window, or turn a window into a tab...

3. Um... it has a smaller profile, so more of the screen is given over to the webpage...

I'll stick with IE8... besides, netflix instant movie viewer only works with IE8, so that settles that.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                  I'll stick with safari.
                  apple eater!!!
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm too poor right now to afford internet service at home.

At work, we use lots of web-based apps that will only work with IE anyway so I might as well stick with it.

I thought the funniest thing about Google Chrome was its "Stealth Mode" or whatever where it will not keep any record of your web browsing. It's a miracle, kids can now browse the web with no leftover History or cookies for their parents to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                      I'm too poor right now to afford internet service at home.

At work, we use lots of web-based apps that will only work with IE anyway so I might as well stick with it.

I thought the funniest thing about Google Chrome was its "Stealth Mode" or whatever where it will not keep any record of your web browsing. It's a miracle, kids can now browse the web with no leftover History or cookies for their parents to find!
                      There are programs that will record browsing histories even with the "Stealth Mode" activated. one of them is available from > Accountable2You.com It is a free service. It may be stopped with the administrator's password, but a message is sent to the administrator and anyone else on your group that it was stopped including what time, so if you didn't stop it you know that someone has guessed or hacked your password.

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
                        It's okay, nothing spectacular (it's a web browser, after all).

I'll stick with IE8... besides, netflix instant movie viewer only works with IE8, so that settles that.
                        How do i upgrade to 8?

You can PM me if you like. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                          How do i upgrade to 8?
                          http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

Comment

After a day of playing with it, the verdict IS...................

Start.....Control Panel........add/remove programs........Google Chrome.......remove
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                              After a day of playing with it, the verdict IS...................

Start.....Control Panel........add/remove programs........Google Chrome.......remove
                              Yeah this is about the same reaction I had!

Tucson Police Department
                              07/27/08 : Applied
                              09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
                              09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
                              09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
                              10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
                              10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
                              10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
                              08/18/08 : Applied
                              10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
                              10/25/08 : PT Test
                              10/25/08 : Written Test
                              10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3010 users online. 157 members and 2853 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X