300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P****D at my county's commissioners

This may not have any appeal whatsoever to many here, but if you have ever been lied to about "next year" and how "we'll do better on that raise for ya", then you will understand my anger.

For four years now I and my co-workers have been told by the county commissioners court that they were going to give us a "substantial raise." Then comes Sept. and the final budget setting session and we get the same old BS about how they "just couldn't find the money." Interestingly enough, they also voted to give $28000 to the county auditors office to buy new furniture. They also managed to cut property taxes by .05 per $100. That'll mean a whopping $37 for me. We did get a $1000 raise and a slap on the back and a "BUt you're doing a fine job and we appreciate it." (That's three years of the same in a row for those keeping score at home.)

Horse****!

This year a group of 45 of us (out of about 85) were present at the meeting and voiced our concerns. We asked for 10% of base across the board (about $2500) plus a set-aside for merit raises and shift differentials. They met. We lost.

Those here kow as well as anyone, hell EVEN MORESO, that we face dangers the general public as well a the bozos on these type boards wouldn't face with a bio-hazard suite and a bull dozer. Within the last month there have been two incidents where our officers have been exposed to the blood and fluids of an HIV positive inmate or individual (incoming) in VERY messy ways. The last was this past week when two guards went in to break up a fight among inmates who were about to be transported to court appearances. After the fight there was lots of blood. One of the officers looked down and saw his own hand cut and bleeding and knew he had been fighting the guy with HIV. That'll rock your world, huh?! SO now he waits.

I guess I am just venting some frustration. That $1000 they say we are getting works out to about $58 a month after taxes for me.

Kinda put to test that song that asks the musical/rap question: "Why do we live this way? HEY! MUST BE THE MONEY!"

Kinda doubt that, though.

We have over half our detention staff eligible for government assistance and welfare. But...they did tell us we were doing a good job, and they appreciate it."
    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

I was promoted 3 months ago and havent seen my little pay increase yet. Its only 2% but still. I asked about it and was told that I would have to wait a few more months because the county didnt have it in the budge to increase the pay for everyone that was promoted.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 09-04-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
      I was promoted 3 months ago and havent seen my little pay increase yet. Its only 2% but still. I asked about it and was told that I would have to wait a few more months because the county didnt have it in the budge to increase the pay for everyone that was promoted.
      Just a shot in the dark here, but I'll bet they aren't willing to let you wait a few more months before they increase your responsibilities and job requirements??
      visit my blog if you are so inclined.
      http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
      (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

As in any job field as long as people are willing to do the job for free then the job is worth nothing. They are responsible to the people who vote them in for the budget and to keep it in control, I bet as soon as one of you quit, ten apply for the job willing to do it for less money so how can the budgeting board do anything else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4256 users online. 263 members and 3993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X