300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropic Thunder

Ok,,I'm personally a fan of good comedies. Has anyone checked out Tropic Thunder yet? I'm a big Stiller fan, and I have to say...there were some great parts in the movie..very funny. Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, Stiller, Jack Black,,the other actors. Definately a classic eventually to own. I know some parts drug a little,,but it was worth seeing in the theatre. Any feedback...positive or negative??
    Well...Bye

My whole family thought it was hilarious...one of the funniest I've seen in years. Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant. As usual, I thought Stiller over-did his part a little, but it wasn't enough to destroy the movie for me. I totally recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

it was funny i give it that. worth the time and money in my opinion
      Alf

Comment

Robert Downey Jr made the movie... Comedies normally don't get the oscar nods but I am thinking he may get an nomination for this... Wonder what Russell Crowe thought of his perfomance

Comment

I thought it was relatively funny....Robert Downey, Jr was pretty amusing and as usual Stiller was pretty 'over the top'.....

Overall, it wouldn’t be something I would have paid to see (had free sneak preview tickets), but it was fun nonetheless.

With the sneak preview showing, there were no previews that they usually show in the theaters. So the beginning of the film really caught me off guard.....
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

SPOILER ALERT

Robert Downey Jr. acted well, but the man who really stole the show was Tom Cruise. It wasn't until the end credits when he started dancing that I decided that this was a "Thumbs Up" movie.

(I guess that's not much of a spoiler, but I wasn't expecting that at the end, and it made the movie for me)
            Last edited by ChiCity; 09-04-2008, 03:31 PM. Reason: added "Spoiler Alert"
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
              SPOILER ALERT

Robert Downey Jr. acted well, but the man who really stole the show was Tom Cruise. It wasn't until the end credits when he started dancing that I decided that this was a "Thumbs Up" movie.

(I guess that's not much of a spoiler, but I wasn't expecting that at the end, and it made the movie for me)
              +1 on Cruise, he definetely made the movie!

Comment

SPOILER ALERT

+2 It was about a full minute before I could breath after the hostage phone call!!

But I have to say that it was Robert Downey Jr. that was my fav.
                Last edited by ChevyPower; 09-04-2008, 03:54 PM.
                "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

SPOILER ALERT

HAHA......I totally forgot about Tom Cruise......I dont think that dancing will ever leave my mind.....TOTALLY HILARIOUS
                  'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I didn't even know it was Tom Cruise until he took off the glasses!!!

That movie was extremely funny. I really liked it.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

My wife didn't even know it was Tom Cruise until the very end. For me Robert Downey Jr. took #1, followed by Cruise, and a tie between the other Black guy (Jackson I think) and Jack Black. I agree about Stiller, with the exception of the retard performance...lol (I know that's wrong..but it was very funny)
                      Well...Bye

Comment

ALthough in general I consider Tom Cruise or at least his public $cientology personality to be absolutely crazy, I have to admit he did still a nice chunk of the movie with his roll, it was hilarious.
                        "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Yeah, I forgot about Tom Cruise. He was pretty funny, too. He's usually a crisp, clean-cut character in movies...in this, he was the total opposite and it was as shocking to see him be such an a-hole as it was funny......

Some of those lines in that movie were just classics, though. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

And remember folks, never go full-retard
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever
                          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

I don't even think he was mentioned in the previews for the movie.

I didn't know it was him at first...

Comment

It was a very funny movie. I especially liked the "serious" discussion about how to act like a mentally disabled person in such a (PC) manner as to make the movie qualify for an academy award! Priceless!!!
                              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6479 users online. 362 members and 6117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X