300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair for the Discerning Dude

Okay guys - how do you part your hair - given you have some.

Does it (like me) depend upon the time of year? Skull in the summer and a full mop in the winter? Beard? Stach? Goat?

Flat top? Military high and tight? Spiked? Purple? Achy Breaker Mullett? Pony Tail?

(Hey - it beats the underwear survey, right?)

I'm a skull, flat top and mustache kinda guy. You?
    Skull
    11.86%
    Short Butch - < 1/16 of an inch
    10.17%
    Fuzzy Butch > 1/16th of an inch
    10.17%
    Flat Top
    8.47%
    Short and conservative off the ears and collar
    30.51%
    Military high and tight - skull on the sides and small mop on top
    22.03%
    Spiked - punked - weird colors
    1.69%
    Mohawk
    1.69%
    Long
    3.39%
    Achy Breaky Mullett or some such weirdness
    0.00%
    Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 09-01-2008, 11:08 PM.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Shaved, year 'round. Sometimes I'll go three or four days without shaving, but it's generally been kept shaved for the last 11 years or so. Before that, it was a flat top, kept trimmed every two weeks.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Flat Top skinned on the sides get it cut every 2 weeks. Have had that cut for going on 10 years now. Just found out that my barber is closing shop at the end of the year, it’s going to be fun finding a new one that can get it FLAT on top.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I've been going to the same barber all my life. I have NEVER let anyone except Al cut my hair.

About eight months ago, I walked into the barber shop and told him I wanted something different. I didn't quite know what I wanted, so I told him just to "make it look good." And he did. He cut it back to about 1/4" on the sides and back, and about 3/4" on top towards the front, easing back to about 1/4" on top towards the back. It's shorter than your average conservative haircut, but not quite buzzed or high and tight.

I let it grow out across the month, and I get it cleaned up on the first weekend of the month. It'll probably end up being weekly or every other week once I get into the academy.

Comment

My hair, or what is left of it, is unruly and cannot be neatly maintained when long enough to comb unless I use products to keep it in place. Besides, what is left on top is like a dying forest - sparse and under fed strands that tend to look lonely and out of their element. For these reasons I prefer a short style. I would love to wear a crew cut as I did in my teens, but six or eight hairs cut flat is not too attractive!
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I kept my high and tight from my Marine Corps days. I think it looks professional in uniform, and is zero maintenance. I usually let it grow a bit before getting it cut instead of once a week now though.
            Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

I just take a set of electric clippers, set it to #2, and have a go at it.

Even all the way around.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I like the military high and tight.

I never served in the military and I sure don't pretend that I did, but I do have a lot of arrestees, inmates, and public ask me if I did serve in the military. I don't see anything wrong with carrying myself with a straight back and head up.

Its the perfect maintenance free haircut. If its a hot sweaty day I can take a towel and dry my head and face and not mess my hair up a bit.

Comment

Slick back, w/ "wet look" gel...
                  sigpic

Comment

Buzz-cut with a #4 comb on the clippers. No part.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

My Marine friend once referred to my haircut as High-and-Spikey

.5 clipper setting on the sides and back, and about finger length or so, sometimes shorter on the top. shorter in the back, getting longer towards the front, then I spike up the front area with some pomade or something and I'm good to go.

Oh, and honestly guys, flat top? The 60's called, they want their haircut back
                        Last edited by tehJet; 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM. Reason: to make a smart alec comment

Comment

Originally posted by tehJet View Post
                          My Marine friend once referred to my haircut as High-and-Spikey

.5 clipper setting on the sides and back, and about finger length or so, sometimes shorter on the top. shorter in the back, getting longer towards the front, then I spike up the front area with some pomade or something and I'm good to go.

Oh, and honestly guys, flat top? The 60's called, they want their haircut back
                          Pomade? You aren't a Dapper Dan man?
                          Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrooper View Post
                            Pomade? You aren't a Dapper Dan man?
                            haha no! American Crew

my hair kinda looks like it's got gel in it, but it's not hard or crunchy

Comment

I'm bald except low back and sides. When I wasn't all the way so, I went to a nice lady barber (the Mom of one of the young men who practiced at the martial art school I was assistant director at) and got it cut short. Now I just buzz it close every so often.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4094 users online. 184 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X