300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Palin's Underaged Daughter is Pregnant

This is getting interesting, I wonder how social conservatives will view this

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...s-pregnant/?hp

heres the story again...
    John McCain's running mate Sarah Palin said Monday that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant, an announcement campaign aides said was aimed at rebutting Internet rumors that Palin's youngest son, born in April, was actually her daughter's.

A statement released by the campaign said that Bristol Palin will keep her baby and marry the child's father. Bristol Palin's baby is due in late December.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents," Sarah and Todd Palin said in the brief statement.

The disclosure of the pregnancy came on the opening day of the Republican National Convention, scaled back because of Hurricane Gustav, and three days after McCain named Palin as his running mate. Other news was likely to overshadow the disclosure.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," they added. The father was identified in the statement as Levi, but the campaign said it was not disclosing his last name or age.

Sarah Palin's fifth child, a son named Trig, was born in April with Down syndrome. Internet bloggers have been suggesting that the child was actually born to Bristol Palin but that her mother, the 44-year-old Alaska governor, claimed to be the mother.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister emphatically denied those rumors, and McCain adviser Mark Salter said the campaign announced the daughter's pregnancy to rebut them.

"Senator McCain's view is this is a private family matter. As parents, (the Palins) love their daughter unconditionally and are going to support their daughter," said McCain spokesman Steve Schmidt.

"Life happens," he said.

"An American family," added Salter.

The advisers said Palin told them about the pregnancy during lengthy discussions about her background. At several points during the discussions, McCain's team warned Palin that the scrutiny into her private life would be intense and that there was nothing she could do to prepare for it.

Prominent religious conservatives, many of whom have been lukewarm toward McCain's candidacy, predicted that Palin's daughter's pregnancy would not diminish conservative Christian enthusiasm over the vice presidential hopeful.

"I think it's a very private matter," said Roberta Combs, president of the Christian Coalition of America. "It's a matter that should stay in the family and they have to work through it together. My prayers go out to them."

Added Combs: "We're excited about the governor and think she's going to do well."

Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University School of Law, said: "We're all sinners."

"We all make mistakes. Certainly, the ideal is not to get pregnant out of wedlock. But she made the right decision after her mistake," he said.

Staver also criticized anyone who would seek to make it a negative campaign issue: "It's absolutely shameful to put her child in the spotlight. She's not running for office. When someone can't face issues, they try to tear down a family."

____ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/...E3cPEZuU9h24cA
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

for what its worth, what is the big uproar about?
      we have had a teen pregnant in holly wood (Jamie Lynn Spears) that made it to the cover of a magazine, with all the hype.
      We have had a movie that showed teen pregnancy, Juno< and it is about time we stop glamorizing this problem and start doing something about it. Like what you say TC

well I'm so glad you asked.
      Sex ed that teaches ALL of the stuff. Abstinence only just doesn't work. Teach about birth control, teach about responsibility that comes with the parenthood and talk about the emotional consequences of sexual activity that is done too early.

then ask quality, non judgmental questions that kids need to consider as parents to be MUST consider:

(1) Are you going to finish school? If yes, who is keeping the baby, day care or a school that offers it.
      (2) what type of job are you going to get to support the child. Food stamps give you formula, however- pampers and clothing are not cheap. What do you plan to do with the baby as you work? (again daycare, family, nanny make plan that is a reality based plan that can be done/
      (3) If you don't finish school, what are your 2 year plans- then the 5 year plans. How do you plan to do that with no GED or HS diploma.

make it a real life experience that A LOT of girls are in. And also make sure that you teach the boys this too.
      Yes Some run off, but most at least stand up and give something to help.( or at least the real men do). I mean it takes two to make a baby.....

(3)
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

This proves, most of the left is running around like *******s with their heads cut off.

Comment

All this does is make it so Palin can not advocate for abstinence or against teen pregnancy or its hypocritical. I really dont know the laws in Alaska but doesnt statatory rape play a part here??

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
            I really dont know the laws in Alaska but doesnt statatory rape play a part here??
            Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......try again....

Alaska's age of consent is 16.....unless the older person is a person of authority.....

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...nsentchart.htm

Comment

Well the conspiracy nuts are at it again. Sarah Palin Is NOT The Mother
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

The news is reporting that the girl fully expects to marry the baby's daddy.
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

well, one obvious issue that will come into question is her parenting skills. How children behave does, to some extent, speak to the character of the parents who raised them. The truth is teens do have sex and some do get pregnant, but I do not think that it is accidental that some teens do not get pregnant. They are responsible about their sexual activities, which comes from values that were taught to them by their parents. The truth is we all have questions about parents whose children we read about as a result of underage pregnancy, so why should this situation be any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......try again....

Alaska's age of consent is 16.....unless the older person is a person of authority.....

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...nsentchart.htm

LOL ok sir....like I said I didnt know the laws in Alaska, thats why it was a question

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                      LOL ok sir....like I said I didnt know the laws in Alaska, thats why it was a question
                      Google is an amazing search engine.....perhaps you have heard of it...??

Comment

If the cry baby, far left liberals choose to butcher this "private family" story, maybe they should confront the teens NRA, hunter, blue collar, bring it on mother for an answer. Boom, bang, gone, next question. Besides, good old boy Bill was getting **** when he was the President. They better let this story die quickly.
                        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                          We have had a movie that showed teen pregnancy, Juno
                          And the Alaskan state capitol is in what city?
                          sigpic
                          Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
                            And the Alaskan state capitol is in what city?
                            Errr.....it's spelled Juneau not Juno......

Comment

homonym... look it up

sigpic
                              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 163 members and 2963 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X