300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not going to be all that happy w/ me

when he wakes up. The hubby went to bed early. He was wore out from putting up electric fencing all day...yes, to curb NODONTDOTHAT. No matter what we've done, that little sh*t continued to climb and/or dig out of the yard.

Well.

Apparently he is smarter than I gave him credit for. That electric wire bit his nose ONE time and he's given it wide berth since then.

But I picked up a couple gallons of paint today. I have been going insane (short trip, I know) to get the living room, dining room and hallway done.

Husband said he was too tired.

So after he went to bed, I pulled out the rollars and paint and just did all the rolling...that I could reach. I have vaulted ceilings.

My house looks like crap.

The part I did is okay; but he's going to have to finish it tomorrow.

He ain't going to like that.

I suppose it was a tad sneaky on my part. I would do the trim and higher up the wall but I'd have to pull the ladder out and...well...I'm not going to do it.

Besides, I got paint under my nails and two blisters on my hands.

As I look around...yeah, he ain't going to like this. Tomorrow's Sunday...I just hope there isn't foozball on TV or nothing...he's liable to divorce me if that's the case.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

I'm sure you can do something to make up for it!
    Your mom...

Comment

Hell, now *I'M* tired!!!! LOL
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

deleted----
        Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM.
        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

OH, I love it, but other than rolling, I suck at it. He and I have a deal that I normally roll the walls, he does all the trim. HE didn't want to have to do it this weekend...but I've been waiting to get it done....and I didn't exactly get all the walls done since they're so darn high.
          sigpic

Comment

Make him a truckers breakfast and serve him in bed..and gently tell him..you've started with the paint job....pause..then get excited on how well you did...drag him to the rooms to show him. When he realizes that it's only half done....say, honey..you worked really hard with the fence and went to bed early...if I climbed on the ladder and fell OR NODONTDOTHAT knocked into the ladder while I was on it...you would be spending Sunday at the ER with me.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
              he's liable to divorce me if that's the case.
              Errr....you've always got myself or Chiller if that happens....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Errr....you've always got myself or Chiller if that happens....
                she said divorced not desperate!!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                  she said divorced not desperate!!
                  Hey, hey...I'll take good care of her and Tater Tot.....

As long as he can fetch me beers and she puts out every now and then....we will work well together....

Comment

Would not bother me a bit cause I could easily go 10yrs without finishing the job.

Comment

Bear, you can't make it a week on o.com w/o getting banned. How in the world are you going to handle a Red-headed Southern woman w/o finding yourself under the next patio?
                      sigpic

Comment

I say do cinnamon rolls and coffee...
                        then show him...
                        the sugar rush will help get it done faster.

and Bear- tread lightly my friend
                        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Uuuuuhhhh...Smurfett...If I am not mistaken, the NFL kicks off the regular season today. You may wanna plan accordingly. lol
                          visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                          http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                          (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Just tell him that after working outside all day, the odor coming from his shoes and his clothing started to peel the paint off the walls, so you decided to finish the job.

Comment

NFL season starts nextweekend....but College Football games will be played today AND tomorrow

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 321 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X