300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Among The Living

At some point prior to 1:30am on Tuesday of this past week my body decided I needed a dose of intense pain. It then proceeded to form a kidney stone for me.

I spent the morning (!:30 am -8 am) in the ER. I suppose the ER staff felt I was good-to-go, so they discharged me. I was back in ER the next afternoon. I am sure they think I am just coming in for the Delodin (it is the best pain med they have, but it really isn't my cup of tea)! I ended up calling one of my fellow officers at the jail who volunteered to clock out and drive 17 miles to my house and then back to the hospital.I would not have gone back except that I was having some strange chest pains with the normal pain (if you can really call pain from kidney stones "normal").
    I heard through the grapevine that the chief jailer was not happy about that. I sent word to the jail that if anything was done to him I would walk off the job immediately.

At any rate, it's Saturday and I am feeling much better. Still have very little strength or energy, but far improved from where I was two days ago!

In the event that anyone actually stopped and said, "Hey. Where has Transporter been the past few days?" Now ya know.

I'm just glad to be on the mend!
    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Are you going to save it in a jar?

Glad you are on the mend.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Been there last month. I feel your pain..........LOL. It sucks. I will tell you one home remedy that works. As soon as you feel the stone coming on, Take a liter bottle of coke and boil it then drink it as warm as you can stand. Its nasty. Last time I had them I got out of the ER and the next day had another bout. My wife had told me about it and to say the least I was sceptical. I ranked it right up there with shaking a chicken foot and dancing around a fire. Well I was taking percocet and it wasn't touching the pain. I drank that foul tasting elixir and about 20 minutes later no more pain. Just another thing to try. ER visits can be pricey.........Hope you get back to feeling better soon.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hope you get better soon....I'll be praying for the pain to go away
        Its not the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop, its the PERSON behind the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop.

Officer August "Augie" Tefts, Westfield MA PD EOW 12/23/05
        He was a great officer and is sadly missed

sigpic

Detective Paul McNulty, Springfield MA PD retired passed away 10/8/07

Comment

I know your pain all too well..I hope you feel better real soon...

Comment

Hope ya get better, great friends you got too.

Comment

glad your back and on the mend!
              hope ya feel better...now-
              DRINK WATER, AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the good thoughts and words. It's Sunday morning now and the night was rough. Not sure what the deal is, but something is making me extremely nauseated, and keeping me that way. Probably going to see a doctor on Tuesday if this keeps up. I still have like 7 weeks of sick time built up, so I am not worried about job stuff. I can't shake these dang sweats either. Clammy and cold all over. Something ain't right.

I guess time will tell.
                visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5901 users online. 314 members and 5587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X