300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
    Hm... just some ideas to look at: Shreveport, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee. Large cities in a good climate, and while I don't know about Louisiana I think Tennessee is a pretty pro-2nd amendment state.
    If you've never been to either of these cities, Shreveport is okay to visit but Memphis is a sh**hole that I'll make an effort to circumvent if ever I have to enter Tennessee again.

North Texas is nice but summer can be brutal. Not sure what JHomp is looking for jobwise but economy here hasn't been hit as bad as other areas of the country due to a massive gas field and drilling.

Comment

LE jobs are plentiful right now in Dallas and Fort Worth. Dallas required 60 hours but may waive some for your military service. If choosing between them FTW. Land availability and sporting opportunities are probably better between FTW and Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by katseiye View Post
        LE jobs are plentiful right now in Dallas and Fort Worth. Dallas required 60 hours but may waive some for your military service. If choosing between them FTW. Land availability and sporting opportunities are probably better between FTW and Abilene.
        I'm looking for a good agency to work for. Doesn't have to be big. Just somewhere where comradere and morale is high, decent equipment and pay.

That being said, I like the looks of Mesquite and FTW PD. Dallas, well, I've heard too many bad things about 'em to consider them. (They waive the college thing with military experience)

Right now the running list is (in no order):

Mesquite PD (TX)
        Gwinnett County PD (GA)
        Charolette-Mecklenberg PD (NC)
        Lenexa PD (KS)

Any other options ya'll (practicing) would recommend?
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Anyone know about Lowndes county? You could be great on their Drug trafficking task force or whatever they call it.

Comment

Just throwing it out but how about ST. George Utah. It's 10 miles north of arizona and about a 90 minute drive to vegas. Good houses, good people, it's desert area so july and august are a little above warm but mild winters 40's and 50's. VERY VERY PRO 2ND amendment and the CCW for utah is valid in many states. Snow doesn't stick for more than 2 days normally. and it is growing but smaller than mesquite I would say.
            Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Originally posted by futurencLEO View Post
              Christyle, it sounds like we have the same weather forecasters you have.
              Indiana weather and their forecasters are seriously a joke. I have missed out on so many days that I could have been swimming/laying out, only b.c the news had said it would rain that day, but it would be sunny and in the 90's.
              Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                Indiana weather and their forecasters are seriously a joke. I have missed out on so many days that I could have been swimming/laying out, only b.c the news had said it would rain that day, but it would be sunny and in the 90's.
                Same here, but that's probably because we're in basically the same area. Weather can be crazy around here.

Comment

Well Florida weather is fun too...It could be raining cats and dogs in block, while it's nice and sunny on the other one.....Florida is also lightning capital of the world, more people die by lightning then anywhere else...This is a main reason I don't play golf...

I love Florida...

Justhomp there's no place like home...
                  sigpic

Comment

FTW PD; Mesquite PD (TX)
                    I just figure I'd second those options. Mesquite is just a nice place to live in general really.

FTW is a good agency to work for and they're starting to offer more and more incentives because they're acutually losing a lot of potential candidates to the military, they were in the news paper recently discussing that.
                    They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                      Alright folks. Justhomp needs to move.

I'm done with South Florida, I'm done with the crowds, the high cost of living, the lack of English, and most importantly, the shallow immature people that live here.
                      (emphasis mine)

Almost any city you move to these days you're going to run into the communities where English isn't spoken. This is a particular problem for LEO's in Houston and to a lesser extent FtW/D. I've lived here in Ft. Worth area for 7 years now, but I was born and raised in NC. I honestly prefer NC, and would be there now if not for my wife. NC has an awesome climate, you're only a few hours from the beach, and it has spectacular diving along the coast (lots of old sunken ships). You're also close to some nice hiking mountains, and can go a little further north for some good skiing. NC has one of the best higher education systems in the nation. They're not the greateest team in the NFL, but I always enjoyed watching the Panthers play, and still pull for my home team (which is really fun when everyone else is a Cowboys fan! :P) Anyway, my list goes on for a mile and is obviously heavily biased, but I think you'd be really happy in either Charlotte/Mecklenburg or even Winston-Salem/Forsyth Co. Cost of living is a lot cheaper there, too.
                      Shhh...my common sense is tingling!

The beer is more important than you right now.

Comment

Check into Raleigh or Durham N.C. I bleieve that they are in Wake County.
                        "Valor would cease to be a virtue, if there were no injustice." -Agesilaus the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                          Weather forecasters are the only profession that they can lie lie lie and noat be held accountable,
                          They just call it "an act of God"
                          kinda like a lighting strike.
                          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by JSODEP5338 View Post
                            Check into Raleigh or Durham N.C. I bleieve that they are in Wake County.
                            Raleigh is a nice place with a pretty good department. They seem to be having some pay issues, but it looks like they are working those out. The new(er) chief seems to be doing well.
                            Last edited by futurencLEO; 12-18-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                              I'm looking for a good agency to work for. Doesn't have to be big. Just somewhere where comradere and morale is high, decent equipment and pay.

That being said, I like the looks of Mesquite and FTW PD. Dallas, well, I've heard too many bad things about 'em to consider them. (They waive the college thing with military experience)

Right now the running list is (in no order):

Mesquite PD (TX)
                              Gwinnett County PD (GA)
                              Charolette-Mecklenberg PD (NC)
                              Lenexa PD (KS)

Any other options ya'll (practicing) would recommend?
                              Weatherford, west of FTW is good and a smaller agency. Everything I've heard of them is tight knit and it's small enough your not just a number, 20 mi w/of FTW. FWPD although moderatley large is still relatively tight and reasonably problem free. Good luck bro.

Comment

North Florida is nice. <shrug>

I've never lived anywhere else though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6590 users online. 388 members and 6202 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X