Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to move

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Tex4720 View Post
    Houston is giving a $12,000.00 SIGNING BONUS. The cost of living is great. Yes it is hot and humid in the summer but just work night shift. Military is accepted. It’s a big department so no politics and lots of options to work different assignments.
    Already noted!!!
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
      Cockroaches the size of Buicks. So big you don't squish 'em, you catch 'em by hand and let 'em loose outside, so you don't have a big muck of goo on your wall or on the soles of your shoes.
      you forgot one thing, they FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by futurencLEO View Post
        You don't know anything about Asheville.

        Yes, there are a lot of hippies, but they all hangout at Pritchard Park.

        There is much more to Asheville than that.

        I'd highly recommend it.
        Pritchard park is a few square miles? Maybe they only hang out in the downtown area..

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
          you forgot one thing, they FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Jeez, some people give 'em names, and put collars and leashes on them.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

          Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

          Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

          Comment


          • #50
            Didn't spend much time in Asheville. Passed through it a few times when going to Chimney Rock or Black Mountain. Nice area.
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

            "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              Pritchard park is a few square miles? Maybe they only hang out in the downtown area..
              Go downtown in any decent sized city...there are hippies.

              The biggest annoyance of downtown Asheville is the never-ending line of panhandlers.

              You do not know enough about Asheville to give an opinion on whether or not someone should live there. I lived there longer than you've been alive.

              Downtown Asheville is fun, however, if you are a single male looking for a single female it isn't the greatest.

              You also mentioned Charlotte. That is where I'd like to end up in the next year and a half, too. It's a great city.

              Come to NC. It is the greatest state in the country. There are only a few places I wouldn't consider living in NC.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                I just meant as a big-city department to work, not to necessarily live in the city. I must admit I've never been there but I've honestly heard nothing but bad things.
                New hires must live in the city.
                The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by futurencLEO View Post
                  Go downtown in any decent sized city...there are hippies.

                  The biggest annoyance of downtown Asheville is the never-ending line of panhandlers.

                  You do not know enough about Asheville to give an opinion on whether or not someone should live there. I lived there longer than you've been alive.

                  Downtown Asheville is fun, however, if you are a single male looking for a single female it isn't the greatest.

                  You also mentioned Charlotte. That is where I'd like to end up in the next year and a half, too. It's a great city.

                  Come to NC. It is the greatest state in the country. There are only a few places I wouldn't consider living in NC.
                  Err, I've been through Asheville but since you say you've lived there longer than I've been alive I'll take your word for it.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                    Here are a few more suggestions:

                    Asheville, NC.
                    Bloomington, IN.
                    Fredericksburg, VA.
                    Silver Springs, MA.
                    Pittsburgh, PA.

                    Good luck and best wishes.

                    Regards,

                    Monty
                    You should be shot for even suggesting Indiana, period! The weather is SOOO unpredictable. The news will say it won't rain, but then it will. Or it says it will rain, but never does. And why Bloomington? Barf. I'm sorry, but the college kids would get on my last nerves. The only good thing about Bloomington....John Cougar of course!

                    What makes you think Vegas and Texas will have a better cost of living? I would think in smaller cities/towns it would be alright, but in the big cities, the cost of living would be high.

                    I vote South Carolina, but I have always loved it there.
                    Your mom...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                      New hires must live in the city.
                      Ah, gotcha.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                        You should be shot for even suggesting Indiana, period! The weather is SOOO unpredictable. The news will say it won't rain, but then it will. Or it says it will rain, but never does. And why Bloomington? Barf. I'm sorry, but the college kids would get on my last nerves. The only good thing about Bloomington....John Cougar of course!

                        What makes you think Vegas and Texas will have a better cost of living? I would think in smaller cities/towns it would be alright, but in the big cities, the cost of living would be high.

                        I vote South Carolina, but I have always loved it there.
                        +1, I'm a big fan of South Carolina as well.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                          +1, I'm a big fan of South Carolina as well.
                          Maybe the beach towns. They are great, but other then that....eh. It's always extremely easy to tell when you've crossed the border from NC to SC.

                          Christyle, it sounds like we have the same weather forecasters you have.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Looking from a LEO point of view (job wise) SC isn't a good choice for me.

                            Vegas I was looking at outside of the city.

                            Texas, well, most places in Texas are HALF what it is here in south Florida. So basically everything is cheaper then Florida.
                            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

                            "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Upstate of SC. Around Greenville or Spartanburg. Stay AWAY from Anderson (if anyone were to give SC an enema, they'd stick it in Anderson)! Charleston and Beaufort are pretty nice (lower coast area).

                              Oh, and there's a fair bit to do in the cities I mentioned.




                              Didn't see your previous post before I hit reply...
                              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Tennessee has a lot of up and coming areas, check into some of those places, I'm not sure of what they're called or the climate but I know there's been a lot of people from around here moving up there.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6696 users online. 381 members and 6315 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X