• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    think you need a Texas vacation! *snickers*
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

If Texas is in the top I would have to recommend www.tml.org . They have a bunch of listings for police jobs. They also keep it pretty up to date.

Good luck with the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
        Here are a few more suggestions:

Asheville, NC.
        Bloomington, IN.
        Fredericksburg, VA.
        Silver Springs, MA.
        Pittsburgh, PA.

Good luck and best wishes.

Regards,

Monty
        Justhomp... Take my advice as I live about 10 minutes from Btown... DON'T DO IT Stick with the south...

Comment

Well Asheville is out of the question, as you need a college degree and I only have a year under my belt.

Fayettnam is out too. Spent too much time there and I don't feel like messing with Army folk.

I'm currently (now) looking into Gwinnett County and more into Texas.
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

This thread's got me thinking about Texas now too. Texaschickee should get a check from the state for the awesome advertising in her post!

AZ is the other state I'm really thinking about.

I like many things about WI, but there's a footlong list of things I hate too.
            For every one hundred men you send us,
            Ten should not even be here.
            Eighty are nothing but targets.
            Nine of them are real fighters;
            We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
            Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
            And he will bring the others back.

Comment

-nevermind-
              Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 08-29-2008, 04:25 PM.
              'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by perks View Post
                I live in Oregon, in the Willamette valley. Spring through summer are great, fall and winter its wet. I like it because from where I live its only at the most 2hrs from anything I want. Mountain to go snoboarding, beach with the wife, north to Washington, and southern Oregon ( which is totally differnt than the valley). If you like outdoors activities then you can't beat it. Hunting, fishing, etc its all great here, but that is a long way and I'm still looking for a full time spot, and I really don't want any more competition then I already have. ha ha

Yup, Oregon's pretty nice. It does get a bit wet, but summers hitting 100 isn't totally unheard of. Might have democrats in office, but most of us are republicans. :P

As far as departments, I've checked tons online. Seems Grants Pass has a decent Public Safety Department, OSP is hiring like crazy (If you can stand the wait) Cost of living is pretty damn good. Average house cost is 250,000. get into the 300,000 and you're talking acreage...

if you're interested I have tons of PD links :P
                "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
                for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Monument or Castle Rock, Colorado...lots of nearby LE agencies looking for quality people (just don't ever have a work comp claim against your former employee), hearty approval of the second amendment (lots of banned California guns for sale), you get lots of house/land for your money, gasoline is way cheaper. We're the least % of body fat of the 51 states/D.C. The women are pretty. Snow in the winter, yes, but nice weather spring through fall.....It's all good!
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                    Well Asheville is out of the question, as you need a college degree and I only have a year under my belt.
                    They'll hire you on with 1 year of schooling as long as you sign an educational contract to complete 60 credit hours.

They have a very good department, and it is a great area. I lived there for about 15 years.

Cost-of-living in Asheville is fairly high, though.

Comment

Houston is giving a $12,000.00 SIGNING BONUS. The cost of living is great. Yes it is hot and humid in the summer but just work night shift. Military is accepted. It’s a big department so no politics and lots of options to work different assignments.
                      Originally posted by ISPY4U2
                      Tex, if I'm ever in the Lone Star state, which is unlikely unless I'm being held prisoner against my will by separatist extremists, remind me to buy you a beer. You make more sense every post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex4720 View Post
                        Houston.....
                        Cockroaches the size of Buicks. So big you don't squish 'em, you catch 'em by hand and let 'em loose outside, so you don't have a big muck of goo on your wall or on the soles of your shoes.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post

Fayettnam is out too. Spent too much time there and I don't feel like messing with Army folk.

I'm currently (now) looking into Gwinnett County and more into Texas.
                          Asheville is boring, lots of hippies in the area my grandparents had a house in, they mistake the band Nirvana for what the term Nirvana is... it's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                            Memphis is the worst place in TN to live. Unless you'd like to live in Detroit or New Orleans, Memphis is similar.
                            I just meant as a big-city department to work, not to necessarily live in the city. I must admit I've never been there but I've honestly heard nothing but bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                              Asheville is boring, lots of hippies in the area my grandparents had a house in, they mistake the band Nirvana for what the term Nirvana is... it's terrible.
                              You don't know anything about Asheville.

Yes, there are a lot of hippies, but they all hangout at Pritchard Park.

There is much more to Asheville than that.

I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                                This thread's got me thinking about Texas now too. Texaschickeee should get a check from the state for the awesome advertising in her post!

AZ is the other state I'm really thinking about.

I like many things about WI, but there's a footlong list of things I hate too.
                                (fixed it for ya)
                                I'm putting in for a check now!
                                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                                Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4949 users online. 268 members and 4681 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X