300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhomp View Post

Right now I'm leaning toward Texas (Dallas area), North Carolina (Charlotte area) and Nevada (Vegas area).

Looking for some more ideas.
    Go with Texas Winter's not bad, but summer does get HOT. I've been here almost 8 yrs... haven't regretted the move yet.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I live in Oregon, in the Willamette valley. Spring through summer are great, fall and winter its wet. I like it because from where I live its only at the most 2hrs from anything I want. Mountain to go snoboarding, beach with the wife, north to Washington, and southern Oregon ( which is totally differnt than the valley). If you like outdoors activities then you can't beat it. Hunting, fishing, etc its all great here, but that is a long way and I'm still looking for a full time spot, and I really don't want any more competition then I already have. ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
        Las Vegas is not the place for you, it would be similar to what you are leaving, without the beaches... I'm out of here in 14 years....back to the midwest...

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm living is the life for me. Land spreadin out so far and wide. Keep Manhattan just gimme that country side. New York is where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay. I just adore a penthouse view. Darling I love you but give me Park avenue.
        Not really. While similar in style, Vegas really is much different than S. Florida. I lived there when I was a kid, and niether myself nor my parents would ever move back.

Comment

I'd go for Oregon or Washington State.

California is way too over populated and it is too damn high priced to live here. I want to move some place else.

I'm thinking Arizona or Minnesota.
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
            He said not too cold too long. Winter here is 8 months long. January and February are always butt cold.
            8 months? Thats ******* insane.....

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
              I'd go for Oregon or Washington State.

California is way too over populated and it is too damn high priced to live here. I want to move some place else.

I'm thinking Arizona or Minnesota.
              I agree with you, there are too many people here.

I was going to suggest Oregon as that is where my dad wants to go. There is also Alabama, some nice places back there some pretty big towns.
              "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
              You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                Hm... just some ideas to look at: Shreveport, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee. Large cities in a good climate, and while I don't know about Louisiana I think Tennessee is a pretty pro-2nd amendment state.
                Memphis is the worst place in TN to live. Unless you'd like to live in Detroit or New Orleans, Memphis is similar.
                The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

I would tell you to come to northern michigan, but its snowy here from november to april
                  "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                    Any suggestions?
                    I've got two Army buddies that work for Gwinnett County, GA. It's outside of Atlanta....

Growing area, lots to do, the County PD pays very well, they have lots of cool toys, and the admin (for the most part) supports their activities......

Other thought is Fayettenam, NC.... Their recruiter is on here.......its decent weather there and we all know how busy you would be at work....

Other than that....stay the hell away from KS or MO....cold as crap during the winter.....rainy/tornado's during the summer....

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                      Justhomp... warm weather, pro-2nd amendment, good cost of living and a "pleasant" place? How about where I've always wanted to live? Texas.

Good luck!
                      ahhhhhhhh
                      all the good people move to Texas. I was born here! I wouldn't trade it for nothing!!

We have warm weather, In H town we never have snow, and living rate is very nice, H town also has a "better" housing market then a lot of th nation. Both Harris county and HPD are giving signing bonuses as we need cops badly. WE TRULY BELIEVE IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT. Hell, we have people shoot intruders and do not even blink, we encourage it. We have a very bust needle exchange program...but not that kind of needle.
                      and best of all- I am here.
                      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                        I've got two Army buddies that work for Gwinnett County, GA. It's outside of Atlanta....
                        Talk to Narco944. He is very familiar with that agency...

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                          Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Comment

I'd say Texas for sure. No tax on food, nice roads (friggin Oklahoma), warm, like TC said sign on bonuses for LEOs, etc.
                            Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                            ahhhhhhhh
                            all the good people move to Texas. I was born here! I wouldn't trade it for nothing!!

We have warm weather, In H town we never have snow, and living rate is very nice, H town also has a "better" housing market then a lot of th nation. Both Harris county and HPD are giving signing bonuses as we need cops badly. WE TRULY BELIEVE IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT. Hell, we have people shoot intruders and do not even blink, we encourage it. We have a very bust needle exchange program...but not that kind of needle.
                            Ha, yall even shoot your neighbors intruders!
                            Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Texas sounds good, Georgia is beautiful I just got back from Atlanta myself... and am looking in that area now too... South Carolina or Alabama? You can't beat Southern Alabama... And if you aren't married... That southern accent is just amazing on a beautiful girl... The girl I am somewhat dating now is from the hills of Kentucky... She gets whatever she wants out of me because of that dammed accent!

Comment

Here are a few more suggestions:

Asheville, NC.
                                Bloomington, IN.
                                Fredericksburg, VA.
                                Silver Springs, MA.
                                Pittsburgh, PA.

Good luck and best wishes.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5313 users online. 266 members and 5047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X