Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to move

Alright folks. Justhomp needs to move.

I'm done with South Florida, I'm done with the crowds, the high cost of living, the lack of English, and most importantly, the shallow immature people that live here.

So where should I go, good people of o.com? (No jokes, please)

I'm looking for a place that doesn't get too cold for too long. Somewhere pro-2nd amendment. Somewhere pleasant, and somewhere with a decent cost of living.

I'm looking at applying for SO/PDs in the area and will probably move around the beginning of the new year.

Any suggestions?

(Kalifornia, New England, NY, NJ, OR, and WA are out of the question)
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

1042_Trooper has a great place, you might even be able to live on his land. I understand your thoughts about South Florida. But I'll stay here only because the grass ain't too greener anywhere else. Good luck on finding a place Justhomp.

Comment

Come on up to Georgia brother. Not cold long at all, snow doesn't stick (at least where I am), and tons of good agencies are hiring.

Shoot me a PM if you are serious and want more info.
      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

I've been around the east coast but that's about it, in my opinion (and this isn't biased, I don't really like Ohio that much) it's hard to beat Ohio... between May and September that is. But then you have 7 months of cold.

Justhomp... warm weather, pro-2nd amendment, good cost of living and a "pleasant" place? How about where I've always wanted to live? Texas. Preferably in the northeastern area. Just an idea, throwing it out there.

Good luck!
        Last edited by Columbus; 08-28-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrooper View Post
          Come on up to Georgia brother. Not cold long at all, snow doesn't stick (at least where I am), and tons of good agencies are hiring.

Shoot me a PM if you are serious and want more info.
          Eh, Georgia is an option, as I've already lived there for a little while (Savannah)

If I did go there, I'd probably shoot for around the Atlanta area, Fulton County or somewhere similar.

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
            I've been around the east coast but that's about it, in my opinion (and this isn't biased, I don't really like Ohio that much) it's hard to beat Ohio... betweem May and September that is. But then you have 7 months of cold.

Justhomp... warm weather, pro-2nd amendment, good cost of living and a "pleasant" place? How about where I've always wanted to live? Texas. Preferably in the northeastern area. Just an idea, throwing it out there.

Good luck!
            Texas is definately at the top of the list, particularly the Dallas area.

Comment

He said not too cold too long. Winter here is 8 months long. January and February are always butt cold.
              The All New
              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                Alright folks. Justhomp needs to move.

I'm done with South Florida, I'm done with the crowds, the high cost of living, the lack of English, and most importantly, the shallow immature people that live here.

So where should I go, good people of o.com? (No jokes, please)

I'm looking for a place that doesn't get too cold for too long. Somewhere pro-2nd amendment. Somewhere pleasant, and somewhere with a decent cost of living.

I'm looking at applying for SO/PDs in the area and will probably move around the beginning of the new year.

Any suggestions?

(Kalifornia, New England, NY, NJ, OR, and WA are out of the question)
                No entiendo sue thread?......Just messing w/ you...We talked about this, I told you if Florida doesn't work out for me I would be looking into Texas...I can see myself in the Lone Star State...The women in Texas are HOT HOT HOT!!!...I've alway wanted to visit...So to answer your question Texas...What happend?...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                  Texas is definately at the top of the list, particularly the Dallas area.
                  Haha, northeastern Texas, very nice.

Personally I'm not a big fan of cities, but I've always pictured myself someday working for a city PD (maybe you do as well). In that area I suppose you could live and work in the city if you wanted or you could live somewhere a few miles off, somewhere rural yet still an easy commute to a big city which probably hires a decent amount of officers.

I'll envy you. But yeah, good luck in whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                    He said not too cold too long. Winter here is 8 months long. January and February are always butt cold.
                    I'm never good with this stuff. I guess being a travel agent is one of the things I really can't do.

Comment

Here, let me make it a bit easier, so ya'll (practicing) can see what I'm looking for.

I grew up here in FL. Lived in Oklahoma for a bit, hated it, mostly due to too much space and nothing to do. (Then again I lived in a very small town).

Then it was to Arizona. I liked Arizona, but I didn't get to see too much of it, and my spanish is horrible.

Georgia was alright. I lived near Savannah, and I liked it, however Savannah isn't a place you live as much as it's a place you visit. (IMO)

North Carolina was beautiful. Enjoyed the time there, but again, if you don't live in a good size city, there's not much to do. (Looking into maybe moving to the Charlotte area)

The few other places I lived, I'd probably never go back to.

Right now I'm leaning toward Texas (Dallas area), North Carolina (Charlotte area) and Nevada (Vegas area).

Looking for some more ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                        Haha, northeastern Texas, very nice.

Personally I'm not a big fan of cities, but I've always pictured myself someday working for a city PD (maybe you do as well). In that area I suppose you could live and work in the city if you wanted or you could live somewhere a few miles off, somewhere rural yet still an easy commute to a big city which probably hires a decent amount of officers.

I'll envy you. But yeah, good luck in whatever you decide.

I'm leaning towards Mesquite (I know Jwise, I know) but because I don't have experience in LE, chances of me being hired there are slim, so if I did go Dallas, it would be for a short period of time.

Comment

Have you though of moving somewhere in North Florida (Tampa, Jacksonville)?...
                          sigpic

Comment

Las Vegas is not the place for you, it would be similar to what you are leaving, without the beaches... I'm out of here in 14 years....back to the midwest...

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm living is the life for me. Land spreadin out so far and wide. Keep Manhattan just gimme that country side. New York is where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay. I just adore a penthouse view. Darling I love you but give me Park avenue.

Comment

Hm... just some ideas to look at: Shreveport, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee. Large cities in a good climate, and while I don't know about Louisiana I think Tennessee is a pretty pro-2nd amendment state.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3934 users online. 181 members and 3753 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X