300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the longest time you selpt?...

What's the longest time you slept at one time (a day, 12 hours, I don't sleep)?...
    sigpic

With or without the assistance of alcohol and/or medication?

Comment

since I have a bad back, I typically sleep about 5 -7 hours at a time. yes I toss and turn, and have to get up to stretch it.

The longest I have ever slept in one setting was 10 hours, which was after my car wreck, with soma and vicadin in my system. My mom spent the night at my place, and say I "yelped as I turned"
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

14-16 Hrs...Those were the days!! I love to sleep!

Comment

i think i have slept 14 or so at one time, but it's funny...after i worked a 16 hour shift, I maybe slept 3 hours...
          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Roughly 2 1/2 days under medication. It was not continous though. Sleep take some meds stay up for 15 minutes wake up 5 or 6 hours later take meds stay up 15 minutes back to sleep.
            Last edited by Monkeybomb; 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
              i think i have slept 14 or so at one time, but it's funny...after i worked a 16 hour shift, I maybe slept 3 hours...
              +1 I sometimes work a 7-12 (seven days a week, 12 hours a day) shift and find I get less sleep than when I work 40 hours a week.
              It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I have also been at that 14 to 16 hour mark, but I was as sick as a dog. Lately it seems when I get off work I get to bed around 7AM then my son's up at 9:30. Then I'll get a nap during the day. The days hes at daycare I'll sleep 6 to 7 hours.
                Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

I got strep on a Friday night & didn't get to the doctor until Monday. I slept all weekend, so that I wouldn't be in pain from swallowing.
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Ive slept 12+ with no medication or being sick. I usually get 7-8 hours, but ive been forcing myself to go to bed around 0100 and get up around 0900-0930, because I can sleep a LOT longer.
                    Of course, now that school has kicked back up, work and school will combine to give me longer days, so Ill probably be more tired and get a little less sleep, making my days off that much sweeter.
                    "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                    Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                    Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

22 hours once when I had Mono. Best sleep I ever got in my life..... only thing is, I couldn't tell if it was a hibernation or a mini-coma

I'm like some of you, after a 16-hour shift, I'll *maybe* sleep 4 hours.... if I'm lucky. The body's weird like that.
                      1*

Comment

Does getting up to pee count as an interuption?

The reason I ask is I had kidney surgery once and they put a drain in the kidney, leading out m y back and into a bag I carried in a holster thingy. That bag held about a gallon so I could literally sleep non-stop for 12-16 hours after surgery without having to pee. I just drained the bag when I got up!

It was wonderful - albeit kinda weird. I know - too much info...
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I think the longest continuous time ever was about 12 hours when I was sick as a little kid.....

But LATELY the longest continuous sleep I've had has been about 2-4 hours ....

I go to sleep, then wake up, walk around, browse the internet, do some homework, attempt to lay down again and go to sleep....but then I'll get back to sleep for a few more hours, then something else will wake me up.... and it starts all over again....but somehow I seem to manage alright during the day....

Not too sure what my issue is....

Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 08-25-2008, 11:45 PM.
                          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

So long I didn't know/care what day it was, it was 4 days later in a hospital, waking up sucked the pain was so intense, thank God for double doses of dilaudid which is twice the strentgh of morpine...

Comment

When I had pneumonia, I think I slept pretty much a full day. And once after a bad reaction to anesthesia I slept for 3 days. My mom would wake me up to eat and before she could get me food, I'd be back to sleep.
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                              and I'm not sure about the former.
                              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3073 users online. 135 members and 2938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X