300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone

Forgive me if this has been asked before. If so, please point me in the right direction.

I have come to that exciting two year interval where I get a new cell phone. Due to all my friends/relatives being on the ATT network, I will be making the switch to ATT from Verizon. I am currently researching different phones offered by ATT and must admit that I have been drooling over an iPhone since day 1. Now, with the 3g stuff and the lower price, I REALLY want one. However, the guy at the ATT store also introduced me to the Blackberry phones. I like them too, but am still leaning more towards the iPhone.

Now to my question. I am wondering how many of you O.com users have and use the iPhone. What are the best and worst things about it? Also, do you ever use it for work? Any comments/complaints/concerns are welcome. Thanks.

I've been leaning towards the iPhone also. I have heard that it has its ups and downs. I am also on the Verizon Wireless plan. I have to wait until May 2009 to make up my mind for sure.

I went to the Apple store today to check out the phone. It is cool and I can sync it with my new MacBook,too.

I want to first look at the LG Dare before I decide on the iPhone.

I went to cnet.com to check on the comparsions. I like that site since it will give you the ups and downs on everything.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Can you justify buying it?
      Personally I cant... I usually think I can, like "Oh, Ill use the datebook a lot", but I usually end up not even messing with it. For example, I bought a used Moto Q and used the appointment book thing, but I havent used it for months. I may start to again now that school is back, but who knows.

Basically figure out what features you NEED and go from there. Yea, its cool, but is it worth the money? (dont forget the cost of the data plans and all that) Do you really need all that fancy stuff?
      "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
      Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
      Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp View Post
        Can you justify buying it?
        Personally I cant... I usually think I can, like "Oh, Ill use the datebook a lot", but I usually end up not even messing with it. For example, I bought a used Moto Q and used the appointment book thing, but I havent used it for months. I may start to again now that school is back, but who knows.

Basically figure out what features you NEED and go from there. Yea, its cool, but is it worth the money? (dont forget the cost of the data plans and all that) Do you really need all that fancy stuff?
        My problem is I spend too much time sitting here on my laptop. If I have internet access on my phone I could check out the things I "need" to check from anywhere. Then, I wouldn't end up sitting here at the computer desk for hours at a time because I start looking at one thing and loose all track of time. I also like the fact that I can have one device for everything. The GPS would also come into handy, especially if I get an LE job.

Comment

Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
          My problem is I spend too much time sitting here on my laptop. If I have internet access on my phone I could check out the things I "need" to check from anywhere. Then, I wouldn't end up sitting here at the computer desk for hours at a time because I start looking at one thing and loose all track of time. I also like the fact that I can have one device for everything. The GPS would also come into handy, especially if I get an LE job.
          Youll just get sidetracked on the phone instead, which could be an even bigger distraction since you can get online almost anywhere. Clocks and a little self discipline will help.

And dont rely on a GPS, theyre only so accurate, and if it fails, youre totally screwed.
          "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
          Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
          Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

deleted----
            Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM.
            'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

deleted----

Comment

I like mine a lot! It's been a lifesaver for me, plus, some of the new games and stuff you can get on it will keep you busy for hours.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

deleted----

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
                    Haha there's this one goofy 'game' that I've seen on the new iPhone . . . its one of the free downloadable applications from Apple ....

When you turn it on, and swing the phone around it makes lightsaber noises Star Wars style ....

Its super hilarious....but its nice because from what I've heard, Apple offers a lot of free applications for these new iphones varying from useful to goofy.

Oh cool. I was at the Apple store toda. Playing with the phone. I like it because it has an iPod on it also and a camera. I need something that is multi-functional.
                    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                    Not Yet Visited: 16
                    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I'm getting one, sometime in the next month or two. The cost is not that high if you're already a at&t user ($199 for the 8gig, $299 for the 16gig.)

It sure LOOKS like an awesome phone and I could desperately use the GPS.

Comment

The no insurance thing kind of scares me. However, I guess I can be careful.

Comment

i think it is pretty cool. i have a touch and a friend of mine has the phone and if i had att i would get the phone. only thing with the 3g, it cost less, but the ervices are more expensive. also, you can download bookoo applications, say for long trips. for example, i downloaded hang man and solitair. a lot of apps are free too. touch has wifi and so does the phone, but with the phone you can get 24/7 interenet. here are some of the apps i downloaded, so all that ou have to do is click the botton. aim, myspace, weatherbug, local picks/urban spoon (suggests places to eat in the area you are in, aol radio, apple remote (which lets you control your itunes and apple tv with your touch or phone), movie showtimes, mylite(which is a big white screen or you can change the color sequence and make it strobe or flash, etc), solitair, hangman, iPint (its a game where you have to slide the beer down the bar without spilling it and if you win, the screen turns into a beer, its actually cool), magic 8 ball, paint, phone saber!!....then you get the basics like calendar, clock, safari web browser, mail, weather, you tube, maps, calculator, application store, stocks, notes, contacts, settings. now i got the 16gb and that costs $400, but i just traded my wii for it! LOL needless to say, i like it, alot
                          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I have the original iPhone, not the 3G. I love it, other than the fact that the internet browser doesn't support Flash and it doesn't have MMS capability.

Comment

I also have one of the original iPhones. Had it over a year and I still love it. You CAN get Applecare on the phone through Apple; extends the repair/replacement coverage to 2 years.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...mco=MTEyMTc1Ng

I've had mine on me in a couple of good tussles, both in my shirt pocket and on my duty belt. So far no issues, but I did get Applecare just in case.

There are lots of protective cases out there for the iPhone. I use this one; not cheap but you get what you pay for:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=CSR3YIPH3G-BK

Of course if you're really paranoid you could get one of these:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases...defender-case/
                              Last edited by cobes; 09-11-2008, 10:55 PM.
                              Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
                              Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 166 members and 3125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X